2021 delivery date

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I am in the same exact boat as you are. I live in Maine also. Short season. What is very frustrating is I ordered my 500 super early and some dealerships placed ordered much later, yet got the cars already, only to be trying to sell for beaucoup ADM. Real special orders, for actual people, should be priority. Such Bullshit! My time and years with FORD may be coming to an end shortly. I am very close to changing brands for good!
Well see, that's what ended up happening with covid last year. They ended up prioritizing customers cars over dealer stock upon re opening. I could see the materials going to the sold customer orders before dealer stock just like last year. Guess we'll see..
Edit to add: your time and years could come to an end for sure with ford. However, don't be fooled. Gm, dodge, Nissan ect. Are all having the same issues and are handling it all the same way it appears
Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I am in the same exact boat as you are. I live in Maine also. Short season. What is very frustrating is I ordered my 500 super early and some dealerships placed ordered much later, yet got the cars already, only to be trying to sell for beaucoup ADM. Real special orders, for actual people, should be priority. Such Bullshit! My time and years with FORD may be coming to an end shortly. I am very close to changing brands for good!
I understand your frustrations. But as stated above its all brands right now! My cousin is sales manager at one of the biggest Chevy dealers in the state and they can't get new trucks, stopped taking orders, won't take deposits, nothing. Pretty crazy.

But to my understanding our cars are not produced in order in which orders are received/placed.

As it was explained to me by my dealer, the regional rep has final say in most situations. For instance, Ford may tell the regional rep that they will build XX allocations during this month or quarter for his region. Then the rep decides which orders get those spots.

This may be misinformation. But just how it got explained to me when I placed my order.

But I do agree that special orders/vehicles that are technically sold from the start should get priority over standard unsold orders. I am not sure how that plays into the equation. But 100% agree.

My dealer actually lost his 2020 GT500 customer due to such craziness. Granted Covid played a role in delayed production, but none the less, my dealer got one of the very last builds and took delivery last week of December 2020 for customer, who at that point bailed, but placed his order 1st day banks opened in 2019. Which resulted in my dealer sitting on the cat all winter. Thankfully it sold in April. But crappy situation for everyone involved.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
Nice to hear from somebody from maine. I currently own a 2019 Ford Raptor and a 2019 GT 350 R. I was 2 years trying to purchase to raptor in maine and it was a absolute horror show because every dealer wanted a $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 ADM, which I would not pay. Every dealer was a real asshole. I finally found a dealer in maine 2 hours from me. I ended up buying the GT 350 R from the same dealer. I ordered the GT 500 CFTP from the same dealer back in march. My order has been pushed back twice since march and now the date has been pulled. I know it's not Fords fault and I am not made at Ford, but I think between quality control issues and laying out $ 100,000.00 to just park it for 6 months probably is not the smartest choice. I will probably just wait until 2022 or maybe not at all.

I do not know where you live in maine, but I live in the southern midcoast part of maine and the traffic and population is getting so crowded that there really isn't any good place to take a GT 350 R or a GT 500 out and really enjoy it. Along with the traffic, the local and state police are everywhere with speed traps set up, almost to the point of harassment. The other problem with owning cars like these in southern maine is the type of people that live in these area's really hate and look down their nose at High horsepower loud sports cars to a point where it is getting really hard to just take them out for a ride without getting looked at like you are a criminal.

Boy has Maine changed in the last 20-30 years. Maineachusetts fits the state better. Or maybe New " Maine " York.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just read all of this.

With all that is going on, you are just going to have to be patient. I, like others, waited over a year.

Best wishes, but the honest way ford looks at it is that if you don't like it, there is the door. It sucks, but they really don't care.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I just read all of this.

With all that is going on, you are just going to have to be patient. I, like others, waited over a year.

Best wishes, but the honest way ford looks at it is that if you don't like it, there is the door. It sucks, but they really don't care.
The sad thing, is you are right. So I guess for $ 100,000.00 and better than a 50 percent chance there will be panel gaps, paint flaws, and interior rattles and no attention to detail, I can keep my $ 100,000.00.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The sad thing, is you are right. So I guess for $ 100,000.00 and better than a 50 percent chance there will be panel gaps, paint flaws, and interior rattles and no attention to detail, I can keep my $ 100,000.00.
Yes, I had all those issues.... you may or may not. If 100K is an issue for this car, then you may want to keep the 100K and put it towards a 250-300K P car that will have less performance.

One thing about the CFTP is that it is a performance bargain. That cannot be disputed.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I had all those issues.... you may or may not. If 100K is an issue for this car, then you may want to keep the 100K and put it towards a 250-300K P car that will have less performance.

One thing about the CFTP is that it is a performance bargain. That cannot be disputed.
Again I agree with you on the fact that based on pure performance it is a bargain at $ 100,000.00 in some ways. Although there are videos out there of the GT 500 being beaten by less expensive cars in stock form 0-60 and at the track. But nonetheless , it is a great sports car, no question. And I am not here to bash ford, I do understand that the production delays are not their fault, chip shortages and other material delays. But my feeling is that $ 100,000.00 is alot of money for any car and if my GT 500 gets pushed back to late august or later, I would just as soon not throw $ 120,000.00 at something that after around 45 days will be getting parked in the garage for 6 months. The money is not the problem, but I try to be somewhat reasonable with it. Where does the $ 120,000 come from ? = PPF, CERAMIC, TAXES, INSURANCE, AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION. Not cheap to park for 6 months. The other thing that worries me is, when Ford does get this all sorted out they will trying so hard to get caught back up with production numbers that quality is going to be a real issue, and in my book when you are spending $ 100,000.00 you shouldn't have to worry about that = LEXUS.

Thats why I am probably going to wait and see what the actual delivery date will be and if it is later than I want I will back out for this year and order a 2022 or just purchase a LC 500 and not have to worry about the quality control issues.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Again I agree with you on the fact that based on pure performance it is a bargain at $ 100,000.00 in some ways. Although there are videos out there of the GT 500 being beaten by less expensive cars in stock form 0-60 and at the track. But nonetheless , it is a great sports car, no question. And I am not here to bash ford, I do understand that the production delays are not there fault, chip shortages and others. But my feeling is that $ 100,000.00 is alot of money for any car and if my GT 500 gets pushed back to late august or later, I would just as soon not throw $ 120,000.00 at something that after around 45 days will be getting parked in the garage for 6 months. The money is not the problem, but I try to be somewhat reasonable with it. Where does the $ 120,000 come from ? = PPF, CERAMIC, TAXES, INSURANCE, AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION. Not cheap to park for 6 months. The other thing that worries me is, when Ford does get this all sorted out they will trying so hard to get caught back up with production numbers that quality is going to be a real issue, and in my book when you are spending $ 100,000.00 you shouldn't have to worry about that = TOYOTA.

Thats why I am probably going to wait and see what the actual delivery date will be and if it is later than I want I will back out for this year and order a 2022 or just purchase a LC 500 and not have to worry about the quality control issues.
Fixed it for ya. LOL

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Again I agree with you on the fact that based on pure performance it is a bargain at $ 100,000.00 in some ways. Although there are videos out there of the GT 500 being beaten by less expensive cars in stock form 0-60 and at the track. But nonetheless , it is a great sports car, no question. And I am not here to bash ford, I do understand that the production delays are not their fault, chip shortages and other material delays. But my feeling is that $ 100,000.00 is alot of money for any car and if my GT 500 gets pushed back to late august or later, I would just as soon not throw $ 120,000.00 at something that after around 45 days will be getting parked in the garage for 6 months. The money is not the problem, but I try to be somewhat reasonable with it. Where does the $ 120,000 come from ? = PPF, CERAMIC, TAXES, INSURANCE, AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION. Not cheap to park for 6 months. The other thing that worries me is, when Ford does get this all sorted out they will trying so hard to get caught back up with production numbers that quality is going to be a real issue, and in my book when you are spending $ 100,000.00 you shouldn't have to worry about that = LEXUS.

Do what you do man. Nobody is here to talk you in or out of it.

Sponsored

CharlieBrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 C8 (Sold)
I waited 1 year and 2 months for my 2020 C8 only because I really like mid engine cars and it was worth the wait because at the end I sold it for 15k more that what I paid including taxes and extras. I can live without it.

Regarding the GT500 I ordered one on April 12 and the ETA was 07/26 and of course now it says NA. I guess they won't be able to produce all the orders entered for 2021. Personally, If I don't have it by the end of August the latest... I'll move on to something else. I like a lot it but It's not a must have for me. Besides, Lotus is showing a brand new car this July and I love Lotus cars. I had 3 already (2011 Elise R, 2014 Evora NA, 2017 Evora 400) so I may just wait for that car.

By the way, I had 2 Mustangs GT before but that was long time ago and I heard today's GT is not just more powerful but way better all around. I need to test drive one.

I guess I could get a base GT and customize it with Roush supercharger, Borla Exhaust and some other Performance parts from Ford or others.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I guess I could get a base GT and customize it with Roush supercharger, Borla Exhaust and some other Performance parts from Ford or others.
If the EPA doesn't shut down all the aftermarket suppliers.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 will have lower production numbers. It may be a year worth waiting for if you can get one.
Sponsored