2020 PP1 vs 2019 Bullitt

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I’ve wanted a mustang all my life and with all the incentives I’ve think I finally made the jump to buy a third vehicle. My issue is to purchase a 2020 PP1 GT w/o magnaride but the 401A package. After discounts it’s around 40k. Magnetic grey which matches my explorer sport. Or go for a green ‘19 bullitt with magnaride and technology package for 45k. I love both cars but have heard nothing but high reviews of magnaride so I was wondering if the price differential would warrant an upgraded suspension plus mods on the 2020 PP1 or go with the ‘19 bullitt?!

thanks for all your help! Hope to be the latest mustang owner soon
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Is the GT PP1 an auto A10 or manual M6?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If your just going to use the new mustang as a toy/weekend cruiser, then you don't really need magnaride. As the car ages the high tech stuff tends to break and high repair bills tend to come with it. Having said that, buy what makes you happy, you have to pay for it not me or anyone else.

For myself, the color is the first priority. I will buy a car with out the options I want if its the right color.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
Bullitt. You also will be getting more power, exclusivity and better sounding exhaust in addition to the MagneRide. Just my .02

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
high tech stuff tends to break and high repair bills tend to come with it.
the MR suspension is $400 a corner so not that expensive. I vote Bullitt and you should be able to get the ask down to around 42. 'exclusivity' is highly subjective and I wouldn't put any stock in that holding.

MR is always a good idea unless it's a track rat in which case better/more-focused solutions might be preferred but they'll be easily 2.5x what the MR cost. I stupidly passed on MR and the typical aftermarket solutions while cheap'ish can't hold a candle.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My .02. Get the Bullitt.
If you are going to buy that loaded of a manual trans car, get the Bullitt with magneride. Drive both a pp1 with and without magneride especially on a bit of a bumpy road. Drive on curvy roads. You will notice quickly that the Magneride is worth the money. You likely can get a loaded Bullitt (they only have 3 major options: Magneride, Electronics Package Recarro seats, Minor option is the Bullitt car cover).

I spent a goodly amount of money modifying my 2015 Mustang Premium with Steeda and BMR stuff. Yes it was flatter on the road through curves. And, yes, it was a much crappier ride. Magneride is worth every penny. It changes the effective viscosity of the fluid in the shocks/struts based on your driving mode.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Bullitt with MR all day long. A special car and you will learn to love MR in very short order.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks everyone- I was leaning to the Bullitt from the beginning for the obvious reasons of having something different anyways, then add in some of the other options that are coming with it are really icing on the cake.

now the next step is negotiating this 0% for 84 months with incentives :)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone- I was leaning to the Bullitt from the beginning for the obvious reasons of having something different anyways, then add in some of the other options that are coming with it are really icing on the cake.

now the next step is negotiating this 0% for 84 months with incentives :)
Congrats on your decision. You will not regret it.

Here are 136 Bullitt’s on car.com now. Will give you some ideas on pricing.
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...TypId=28880&trId=23152&yrId=36362520&zc=29588

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If you really want the magnaride and like the Green get the Bullitt. If you prefer the color of the PP1 you can get that and the Ford Performance intake/tune to make up the power difference while saving money.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If you really want the magnaride and like the Green get the Bullitt. If you prefer the color of the PP1 you can get that and the Ford Performance intake/tune to make up the power difference while saving money.
The new Power Pack is great but why give up a chunk of your warranty for it when purchasing a brand new car?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The new Power Pack is great but why give up a chunk of your warranty for it when purchasing a brand new car?
Never seen any warranty get voided by Ford for their own parts despite their literature. I purchased a 7yr warranty. Dealers installed my FPP suspension. They still plan to cover me for the 7yrs unless its the springs/swaybar themselves that have an issue.

Reactions: DRB

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
If you prefer the color of the PP1 you can get that and the Ford Performance intake/tune to make up the power difference while saving money.
Actually, for anything other than high speed on the track (above, say 140 mph, which is the only place where a Bullitt has any advantage over the GT), the new Ford Performance pack will take a GT well past a Bullitt in low end grunt, so you'll actually see it on the highway and around town. You will give up a minimum two years of powertrain warranty (2 years on the factory warranty and anything on an extended warranty that you may purchase) if Ford decides the tune caused any problems that occur.
Sponsored