2020 MUSTANG GT CODE P05A1

KEVINSERRANO1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
i just got a 2020 mustang gt 10 speed .. certified pre owned "ford gold certified" with 21k miles. i scanned the car and a code of P05A1 came up "Active Grille Air Shutter "A" Position Sensor Minimum / Maximum Stop Performance" i tried to erase the code, cleared and turned off the car and re scanned it to see if it came up again and it did. does it somewhat stop the performance of the car? or ?
thank you !!!
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Take it back to the Dealer that certified it or?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
i just got a 2020 mustang gt 10 speed .. certified pre owned "ford gold certified" with 21k miles. i scanned the car and a code of P05A1 came up "Active Grille Air Shutter "A" Position Sensor Minimum / Maximum Stop Performance" i tried to erase the code, cleared and turned off the car and re scanned it to see if it came up again and it did. does it somewhat stop the performance of the car? or ?
thank you !!!
Use that warranty well.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Depends on what you mean by performance. It helps the car warm up faster and supposedly helps with aerodynamics. But some people don't like them and so disable them. Some even go so far as to remove them.
It does kind of boggle the mind that a car with codes made it past their inspection.
But, yes, take it in and make Ford fix it.

OP
OP

KEVINSERRANO1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Depends on what you mean by performance. It helps the car warm up faster and supposedly helps with aerodynamics. But some people don't like them and so disable them. Some even go so far as to remove them.
It does kind of boggle the mind that a car with codes made it past their inspection.
But, yes, take it in and make Ford fix it.
performance i mean like just the normal way the car is suppose to drive. Like if its going to make a difference on the driving of the car, lose of power, glitch on the throttle ?
going to take it to the dealer

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
thank you !!!
AGS motor likely failed or prior owner disconnected it by pulling the plug or tuned it off Forscan.

--

So here's a complete explanation from Ford to what the AGS system does - found it on the Ford Austrailia site - same system in the US products:
https://www.ford.com.au/technology/active-grill-shutter/

The only way the AGS system is really beneficial is when on a highway and at sustained highway speeds - and if traveling in such a way every day....

Also check this thread that has some AG info:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hutter-motor-install-ags.177097/#post-3578011

OP
OP

KEVINSERRANO1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
AGS motor likely failed or prior owner disconnected it by pulling the plug or tuned it off Forscan.

--

So here's a complete explanation from Ford to what the AGS system does - found it on the Ford Austrailia site - same system in the US products:
https://www.ford.com.au/technology/active-grill-shutter/

The only way the AGS system is really beneficial is when on a highway and at sustained highway speeds - and if traveling in such a way every day....

Also check this thread that has some AG info:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hutter-motor-install-ags.177097/#post-3578011
thanks, helps a lot
Sponsored