Mustang 2020 Gt Bcm Replacement

Emario

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 Gt
Hi guys, I'm having a little problem with my 2020 Mustang GT. I crashed my Mustang on January 1, 2023, and after the accident, I tried turning the car on and it would only crank the starter, but the car wouldn't start. 10 minutes after I crashed, I tried to turn it on, and it turned on, but I turned it off because the water from my radiator was spilled on the floor, and I didn't want to ruin my head gaskets. I towed it home and started to work on it the next day, and from then on I never attempted to turn the car on. I had to swap out the dashboard due to the passenger airbag's exploits, and there was no way of replacing just the airbag. My frame took a small hit and needed to be cut and welded, and one of my welder friends did it. I made sure that the battery was disconnected before he started to weld it. After that, the frame had more damage that wasn't visible, so I decided to take it to a body shop, and they came to pick up the car, but when I tried turning it on, it wouldn't turn on, at least not the engine. The interior lights, radio screen, and instrument cluster turned on, but the engine wouldn't crank. So they told me they would take it like that, that it was probably just the starter fuse or something, and that they would figure it out once they got to the shop. Well, fast forward, they told me that the fuse were ok and that it was something more serious, so they ended up calling up this company called Elitek Auto, apparently they specialize in electrical things from cars and stuff, so okay fine, they went over and ended up telling me that it was that the PCM was burnt. They charged me $420 just for the diagnostic and I purchased a used PCM that cost me $350. the pcm came, they went and installed and programmed it; they charged me another $220 for the programming; then they told me that I needed to get another key since I only have one; I got a new key, the locksmith programmed it; they charged me $360 for that; and then the locksmith called me up and told me, "Hey man, I programmed the keys for you, but the car is not starting. then I go ahead and call the company (Elitek Auto) and tell them what's happening. They tell me they're going to send a guy out next week. I'm like, "Okay," but then today he went by my car and ended up telling me that the BCM (body control module) was burned by the locksmith and that I need to get a new one. And that's another question: do I really need to get a brand new BCM or can I buy a used one because the guy from the company told me, "Can't be used; it has to be new; it won't calibrate with the car. and that's up to date. If someone could help out it would mean the world... or whenever my car is fixed, I'll give an update if, in the future, something like this happens to one of you... If y'all can help me, I would appreciate it... Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Man, use some punctuation and line breaks because this is nearly unreadable.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
You can buy anything used but there’s no guarantee that’s going to work, and if it doesn’t bring some type of warranty or replacement in case it doesn’t work now your out money time and effort. When it comes electronics unless the only available ones are used because of vehicle or age of vehicle I would advise against it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This is what happens when you try and cheap-out on repairs.

Good luck OP, hope you get things figured out.
Sponsored