Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Kona, Silver, or Carbonized Gray stripes would set it TF off. Not a fan of red pin stripes next to the stripes. Just doesn't look right on a 500.
I agree on the red pin stripes on a 500. On the 350R it's the way it is. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's nicely optioned for a daily / non track car. Comfy seats, the better stereo, CF dash. You'll get use to the black, it's tuff looking. Black looks great on these S550s I loved my black GT and love the R. I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate a little discount.

20240109_194513.jpg
I do agree, black on S550 has a very menacing look. My neighbor down the street has a black S550 GT500 and it does really accentuate the ā€œIā€™m going to rip your face offā€ look that I think the front end of the 500 has. My dad has a black GT as well and it does look sharp when clean. They are a PITA keeping clean though, thatā€™s my biggest issue with the color really.

But other than the color not being my top choice, it checks most all the other boxes. HP would be nice to have but itā€™s not a must have for me. Same with the Recaroā€™s. I can always try to snag a set of Recaroā€™s down the road if I decide I really want them. Iā€™ve only driven in them for short test drives, so I donā€™t have a good feel for them on longer drives. I didnā€™t find them uncomfortable on the short drives though.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Overall the S550 GT500 is a solid car. The only really scary recall was the timing chain recall in 2020 which is probably not an issue on a 16k car. On a 2020 if it has the handling package make sure it has the adjustable top strut mounts. Here are all the recalls, most are just computer updates. Also, the common questions.

These are the generic questions I would think about and ask if they applied

-When did you purchase the vehicle?

-What was the mileage when you bought it and what is it now?

-How many owners has the vehicle had?

-Who did you buy the vehicle from and where did they live?

-What is the reason for selling the vehicle?

-How and where was the vehicle storied?

-What conditions was vehicle driven in and how often?

-Do you have all the original documentation from the manufacturer? If not what is missing?

(Ownerā€™s manual, keys, key fobs, window sticker, Owners Kit, certificates, etc.)

-Do you have documentation related to any maintenance or repairs? If so what and for what time period?

-What work has been done to the vehicle? Why?

-Have any modifications been made or parts been changed? What and why? OEM included?

-Is there any cosmetic damage/problems at all? If so please specify.

-Is there any mechanical damage/problems at all? If so please specify.

-Has the vehicle ever been in an accident or had an insurance claim made? If so please specify.

-Is any of the original factory equipment/parts missing? If so please specify.

-Were there any recall/warrant issues? If so what were they and is there documentation for it being fixed?

-Does the vehicle history report reveal any issues? If so what are they?

-Is this a numbers matching vehicle? (engine, transmission, chassis)

If you have one I would also bring a paint depth gauge. Just take your time and carefully go over the car and don't commit until you are comfortable. With Ford vehicles a dealer can also pull an Oasis report to see if there were pre-delivery issues and what recalls/TSB's are outstanding.

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
Sounds to me like youā€™ve done all your research and will take the appropriate time to check this option out. What seems left is for you to be mindful of your budget and to be patient in working them down to it and to also be ready to walk away if they cannot meet your budget. It took me 2 months to haggle mine down to my budget and they met it and now I wake up to this beautiful face:
IMG_1921.jpeg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Black is a great option for a car that's not regularly driven. Much easier to keep clean and looking amazing. You don't really see too many Black ones around.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sounds to me like youā€™ve done all your research and will take the appropriate time to check this option out. What seems left is for you to be mindful of your budget and to be patient in working them down to it and to also be ready to walk away if they cannot meet your budget. It took me 2 months to haggle mine down to my budget and they met it and now I wake up to this beautiful face:
IMG_1921.jpeg
Beautiful car, RR on the 500ā€™s looks so good. Yeah, Iā€™ve got two numbers: one that I feel is market based on a few recently sold cars with similar mileage/options in the area and then a higher number that I can live with. Not something I have to have at this exact moment, so I can wait them out if need be. Now is about the time when these types of cars start popping up for sale more too, at least here in Chicago. So I can wait them out and shop some others and try to use a few dealers against each other too.

My problem is once I see & drive something, I usually have to have it right then and there and emotions start taking over. So I just need to keep myself in check šŸ¤£

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks! I saw the GBM 500 in Appleton as well. It would go nicely with my GBM GT šŸ˜‰. Definitely one to consider depending on how it goes on Saturday and it is one of my top 3 colors.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
@MAGS1
Didn't read everything above, but as stated earlier. It's easy to pulley a '20 w/o tune, vs '21-'22.. Look for that.

Check date codes on tires for match, to grasp any replacement, unless they are already documented elsewhere.

Look at the lower coolers up front for excessive fin lay over, or pelting.
Gashing/hard rubbing under frt pan.
Check front trunk corners for interference w/ body. Slammin these trunk from 1 side of the lid, can twist it enuff to chip paint even when gap seems adequate.

Hope it works out!

Sponsored

DRIVEN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
It looks like the drivers seat has a funny looking crease in it.
Did they not take pictures of it on purpose

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'd check on the exhaust. From this picture you can see it's not sitting the same on both sides.

1710932265284-7d.png

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
You know this being a car guy but worth repeating.
  1. Make sure car is cold when you arrive.
  2. Open hood, they start, you stand outside by the engine.
  3. Listen to idle, walk to rear and listen to exhaust note and watch color
  4. Have them rev the car in neutral to between 2 and 3k RPM and keep it there, listen.
  5. Drive car, radio off, and windows down.
  6. No chit chat or by yourself. Focus on the car.
  7. On return when good and hot, listen to idle again and at 2k to 3k again.
  8. Trust your gut.
If you can, talk to the PO.

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra