Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
So you are saying someone is an asshole for doing 170+ in Florida? So if that someone is doing 170+ in Germany where it is an everyday occurrence where it is the norm, then they are not an asshole?
I told you the cry babies would come out. There are more accidents in the U.S. with speed limits, than Germany with no speed limits.To show just how stupid that sounds,100% of people that speed don't get into accidents 100%of the time. Some people do it some don't. :lipssealed:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you are driving around like that on public streets you are reckless and a menace. You can try to rationalize it any way you want, but it is wrong.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
First you say not being dangerous it is just in good fun. And in the next post that person is an asshole in Florida. Do you even read your own posts? You are sounding like a cry baby to me,

I don't see it as being dangerous either. It's just in good fun. People will cry about it, but some people will cry over anything. :like:

I told you the cry babies would come out. There are more accidents in the U.S. with speed limits, than Germany with no speed limits.To show just how stupid that sounds,100% of people that speed don't get into accidents 100%of the time. Some people do it some don't. :lipssealed:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So you are saying someone is an asshole for doing 170+ in Florida? So if that someone is doing 170+ in Germany where it is an everyday occurrence where it is the norm, then they are not an asshole?
Clearly everything is dictated by specific circumstance, context and environment. If there are localized expectations of extreme speed differences, that obviously, sets up a __different__ expectation, and even with a specific scenario such as the Autobahn, it's not a total free-for-all, there are speed limited sections, posted advisory limits, it's pretty well structured to provide some really clear open sections and some very controlled stretches.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Going 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 or 200mph anywhere is somewhat dangerous. Of course there are some places where it is ( ok ) but it is still somewhat dangerous and in most cases not wise.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I think this thread is toast. It was about a car that was hailed as the next 200 mph Mustang by Forbes/the world as you see below and it now has been slowed up. Nothing more nothing less. Now since it has been slowed, people are saying, well who needs to go that fast anyway. It never was about need. It was about informing posters that it will not go that fast as once thought.

Done with this thread and let the children on this thread continue their name calling and being cry babies as one poster put it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...e-fastest-street-legal-pony-yet/#65a513951990

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
First you say not being dangerous it is just in good fun. And in the next post that person is an asshole in Florida. Do you even read your own posts? You are sounding like a cry baby to me,
Do you read what was said? I see that you don't. I never said anyone was an asshole for driving fast. :lipssealed:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I think this thread is toast. It was about a car that was hailed as the next 200 mph Mustang by Forbes/the world as you see below and it now has been slowed up. Nothing more nothing less. Now since it has been slowed, people are saying, well who needs to go that fast anyway. It never was about need. It was about informing posters that it will not go that fast as once thought.

Done with this thread and let the children on this thread continue their name calling and being cry babies as one poster put it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...e-fastest-street-legal-pony-yet/#65a513951990
I don't see anything in your Forbes article that still isn't true. Doesn't mention 200 mph anywhere. It will still be the fastest mustang 0-60, 1/4 mile and on the track.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Nobody bitched when they found out the highest hp naturally aspirated engine fords ever made “only goes 175 mph”
Their most track focused, best handling, mustang ever. PLUS after saying all of that, guess what?
They forgot something track cars need. Something so basic it’s ridiculous.

A fucking tow hook mount!!!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nobody bitched when they found out the highest hp naturally aspirated engine fords ever made “only goes 175 mph”
Their most track focused, best handling, mustang ever. PLUS after saying all of that, guess what?
They forgot something track cars need. Something so basic it’s ridiculous.

A fucking tow hook mount!!!!!
Yea, but that's a different animal. A 526HP NA engine is not the same as a near 800HP engine (I know you know that). Everyone had expectations based upon the previous 500 and what the extra HP might bring. I get that the focus of the car has changed from previous models, however so far, I still have not heard a plausible reason to speed limit the new 500. I'm not bitching, I would simply like to know why it was decided to go that route. I'm still leaning towards my theory that the wing is the issue. John Strauss' FP350S had lid damage from the downforce of his wing last December at Daytona. Maybe an instability due to differential aerodynamic forces above 180? Maybe they just decided to limit the track wing car speed to Vne or Vno, and make all the GT500 models equal in top speed. That's my theory, but what do I know?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I still have not heard a plausible reason to speed limit the new 500. I'm not bitching, I would simply like to know why it was decided to go that route.
It could be Ford believes track focused owners will feel compelled to get a tune and x% of the rest might get a tune just to SAY their GT500 can go over 180. Ford has zero power-train warranty exposure for those cars which have a very expensive power-train. If their experts realize these engines are more fragile than expected, pushing owners to tune reduces that risk to Ford. Ford woudn't even get much flak over it. Blown engine stories typically get responses along the lines of, you mod, you take your chances.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

no its not, no one is buying this car because "it could do 200mph" We are buying because of what it is, and how fast it can get to XXXmph, not maximum MPH

I don't see anything in your Forbes article that still isn't true. Doesn't mention 200 mph anywhere. It will still be the fastest mustang 0-60, 1/4 mile and on the track.
exactly

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Because the GT350 is power/aero limited to that speed not artificially limited to it. It would be wise for Ford to better explain why 180MPH other than because downforce or we didn't want the base car to be faster.

For instance on my Z06 as you go through the different stages of aero the top speed gets slower but GM didn't just slap a limiter on the stage one Z06 because the Z07 package has a slower top speed.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For instance on my Z06 as you go through the different stages of aero the top speed get slowers but GM didn't just slap a limiter on the stage one Z06 because the Z07 package has a slower top speed.
I believe it's the same story with the ZL1 (coupe) vs. the ZL1 1LE, the latter having less top end, but clearly being faster around a track due to aero/downforce/etc.

It seems like a simple story, that's totally understood by enthusiasts (i.e., the target market) and the automotive press, so Ford suggesting some kind of "equalizing" across the model variants sounds like __bullshit__.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I believe it's the same story with the ZL1 (coupe) vs. the ZL1 1LE, the latter having less top end, but clearly being faster around a track due to aero/downforce/etc.

It seems like a simple story, that's totally understood by enthusiasts (i.e., the target market) and the automotive press, so Ford suggesting some kind of "equalizing" across the model variants sounds like __bullshit__.
I get the feeling this is Ford Performance's product marketing team saying we can't have the Carbon Fiber Track Pack be slower in any way to the less expensive GT500 variant than a technical or safety reason. Hopefully Ford will give us some actual clarity around the top speed soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: