NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Pointing out he sounds like a fool isn't the same as censorship. Hes more than free to continue it. But using a word that is clearly on the level of saying "retard" isn't a way to gather any respect for him or his opinion, more so when it has nothing to do with topic. It's like saying you have blue hair so I don't trust your opinion on the new Z06 you are reviewing. They aren't related.

I'm not even a Farah fan, I just found it really childish.
I over-reacted a bit, so please accept my apologies. I shouldn't have jumped into a "discussion" others were having.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I usually like to keep my cars stock--I get Bullitts because of the color and they come 'stock' with the options I would likely pick--but if my MT's a turd and I can find somebody to do it I might do the swap.
Oh if I found myself on a 2nd tranny having issues I'd look into a swap too. I just don't view the MT82 as designed for the beating the 3160 was. If it blows up on a car I track often or beat on, I'd kind of expect it. If it failed often just during normal driving then I'd agree it's junk. I just more often see people with issues either drive at the track, with much more power than stock or "with extreme enthusiasm".

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Sounds about right. Basically he says it's no better than a regular GT and if you want a better Mustang, get a GT350.

Roush cars are a joke....not sure who really buys them.
Some turd in my town bought one and must have thought it was fast, or thought I was stock. He was wrong on both counts.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Some turd in my town bought one and must have thought it was fast, or thought I was stock. He was wrong on both counts.
But your custom system cost way more... and doesn't come with a warranty, or a Ford wrenching hand like you. Roush is for those who want more downlow tq and oomph. Not to highway bomb other cars.

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Roush is for those who want more downlow tq and oomph. Not to highway bomb other cars.
I think the problem is that they are also know for adding a bunch of tacky cosmetic pieces. Shelby American is guilty of the same thing IMO. Maybe I'm just conservative on the visuals, but I'd be more interested in both companies if they went with a subtle OEM+ route.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
I think the problem is that they are also know for adding a bunch of tacky cosmetic pieces. Shelby American is guilty of the same thing IMO. Maybe I'm just conservative on the visuals, but I'd be more interested in both companies if they went with a subtle OEM+ route.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with the power train, maybe conservative but strong and the car is balanced. If I had to do over again, I would have gotten a Roush Charged GT.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Oh if I found myself on a 2nd tranny having issues I'd look into a swap too. I just don't view the MT82 as designed for the beating the 3160 was. If it blows up on a car I track often or beat on, I'd kind of expect it. If it failed often just during normal driving then I'd agree it's junk. I just more often see people with issues either drive at the track, with much more power than stock or "with extreme enthusiasm".
I am 100% stock minus a Roush axleback. Never tracked, never dragged never used line lock or launch control. The car has never been over 95 mph. On ramps and a few country road pulls to 6500 is about it. So yea I am pricing out a Tremec conversion.

either that or hang on and get a 20' in the 10speed.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Be easier to take this guy seriously if he didn't look like he just got rescued after being lost in the woods for a week.
Sponsored