Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
They thought they could sell it faster in August when I placed my order and it guaranteed my trade in value. Never thought it would have come to this... week 29 and counting. Still no ETA...
Keeping your trade in at the dealer's lot while waiting for a build order seems like a win for the dealer. My trade-in allowance was locked in writing and good until delivery of new car as a part of the negotiated deal. This lock in is what keeps me in the deal as I wait for the build. I have since attempted to find a better offer for my trade in and the build but cannot find a better deal. With the passing of 5 months, the present day value of my trade-in has dropped, and the mileage from continued use has gone up. My dealer must have priced in the delay if he was smart. He tells me now that he is going to take a big hit on the trade-in. This may be just to add some positive bias to the delay.

At any rate waiting for the build has me anxious and unsure about the ext/int colors I 've chosen, auto vs. man. Should have added the polished alum. 19" wheels, 3:55 gears, and maybe 401a.
Oh well, in a couple of months things will be more certain and good times will roll.

Hang in there Guypei!
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
They thought they could sell it faster in August when I placed my order and it guaranteed my trade in value. Never thought it would have come to this... week 29 and counting. Still no ETA...
Take the cash back and go elsewhere. Especially if others that ordered after are already receiving theirs. Waiting for your burger and the waiter/waitress keeps giving everyone else their food first....walk out. Of course I have no idea what kind of hassle getting that cash back into your hands would be but I'm sure if you make the move to take 30k from their coffers, things will start moving. Just my .02

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
2019 Oxford White Performance Pack Level 2.

401A
Magneride
Active Exhaust
B&O

4 more weeks!
I love how you built it. If I had a GT to build, it would be really close to that.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
2019 Oxford White Performance Pack Level 2.

401A
Magneride
Active Exhaust
B&O

4 more weeks!
Congrats! What color? When did you order and what is your EDD? Just trying to confirm that most PP2's ordered between Sept and Jan will come end of March beginning of April. So far this is been the case.
I'd say Oxford White... :cwl::cwl:

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Keeping your trade in at the dealer's lot while waiting for a build order seems like a win for the dealer. My trade-in allowance was locked in writing and good until delivery of new car as a part of the negotiated deal. This lock in is what keeps me in the deal as I wait for the build. I have since attempted to find a better offer for my trade in and the build but cannot find a better deal. With the passing of 5 months, the present day value of my trade-in has dropped, and the mileage from continued use has gone up. My dealer must have priced in the delay if he was smart. He tells me now that he is going to take a big hit on the trade-in. This may be just to add some positive bias to the delay.

At any rate waiting for the build has me anxious and unsure about the ext/int colors I 've chosen, auto vs. man. Should have added the polished alum. 19" wheels, 3:55 gears, and maybe 401a.
Oh well, in a couple of months things will be more certain and good times will roll.

Hang in there Guypei!
Going back in time things would certainly be different. I was shopping between three local dealers and they all wanted my trade in at the time of ordering. At this stage there is no going back to do things differently. At the moment I would lose roughly $10,000 (CDN dollars) to walk away and go get the same mustang elsewhere based on the lower trade-in value and I wouldn't get the employee pricing more the other incentives currently.

I'm talking to the sales manager currently and trying to get a Bullitt from a dealer an hour away. I'm awaiting feedback to see if they will give it up and what the price difference will be. Just got off the phone with Ford Performance and still no scheduled shipment date. It's pathetic as I'm in week 29 and here we are....

Any thoughts on the Bullitt as opposed to the Mustang GT premium... I know all the specs but I'm not certain on the green color as I have kona blue on order.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Any thoughts on the Bullitt as opposed to the Mustang GT premium... I know all the specs but I'm not certain on the green color as I have kona blue on order.
  • I don't like green cars and I don't like black wheels, so the Bullitt had two strikes against it from the start (one if it were a black one).
  • The GT350 intake gives you an extra 20 HP and 9 mph top speed limit, but only at the very top of the car's performance envelope. Torque and HP are pretty much the same through 140 mph or so, so how often will you see the difference?
  • As it has the GT350 intake, there's no sound tube (that's a plus) but it has the synthetic engine sound added through the speakers (that's a minus).
  • Can't get the Safe & Smart package, so no lane keeping, adaptive cruise, and collision avoidance braking functions.
  • I think the lack of the "5.0" badge on the fenders is a plus.
  • I can't decide how I feel about the badgeless front grill.
  • I think the "Bullitt" dogbowl on the trunk lid and the logo on the steering wheel are a bit cheesy.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Going back in time things would certainly be different. I was shopping between three local dealers and they all wanted my trade in at the time of ordering. At this stage there is no going back to do things differently. At the moment I would lose roughly $10,000 (CDN dollars) to walk away and go get the same mustang elsewhere based on the lower trade-in value and I wouldn't get the employee pricing more the other incentives currently.

I'm talking to the sales manager currently and trying to get a Bullitt from a dealer an hour away. I'm awaiting feedback to see if they will give it up and what the price difference will be. Just got off the phone with Ford Performance and still no scheduled shipment date. It's pathetic as I'm in week 29 and here we are....

Ford Performance cannot help you at all.....zero. All they can tell you is status. All your efforts should be and should have been with your dealer. I am guessing there are other details missing, but from what you have stated so far, it seems your dealer had no intention (and still does not) of ordering a car for you. Not sure why you would lose so much in trade in value at another dealer unless your current dealer gave you a fairyland quote that was far too high. Also, why would you lose the employee pricing? That can be used at any dealer.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Ford Performance cannot help you at all.....zero. All they can tell you is status. All your efforts should be and should have been with your dealer. I am guessing there are other details missing, but from what you have stated so far, it seems your dealer had no intention (and still does not) of ordering a car for you. Not sure why you would lose so much in trade in value at another dealer unless your current dealer gave you a fairyland quote that was far too high. Also, why would you lose the employee pricing? That can be used at any dealer.
I have been talking to my sales manager regularly and he said the car is produced awaiting shipment and the ETA is or was March 5-11th as of last week. This week it appears the mustang has not yet been shipped and will not be here within that timeframe and he does not have an ETA as to when it will be shipped.

I had ordered on August 17th and told at the time it should be 6-8 weeks and ended up having an 'apparent' build date on January 22nd. It is suppose to be produced but no revised expected delivery date. When I ordered I gave them my current 2014 GT ($26,000 CDN) + a small cash deposit. I have since been shopping around and the best price is $23,000 (8 months later) at other dealers for my 2014 GT if I went elsewhere. When I ordered I received employee pricing, Costco rebate, etc. in addition because of the issues of the ordering process the sales manager said he'd give me a better price (a couple thousand additional off).

With this said to take my car back and trade in elsewhere I would not get the same rebates as the employee pricing and other rebates are not currently offered. With the lesser value amount on my trade in it gets pricey to walk away. Employee pricing is not offered year round and my car has been ordered and built.

All said and done I'm awaiting a response on the Bullitt. If this doesn't fair out I'll likely give it another week or so and if this drama continues I'll likely walk away and get a Camaro. This ford ordering experience that sounded great back in August has not been enjoyable.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I sat in a Bullitt and even though I dislike chrome and a million (4 is a lot) badges telling me what car I'm sitting in, just sitting in it gave a really nice impression. I actually like the green and happy about the debadged sides so with a few minor removals and swapping out the deck lid on the trunk, you could have a very clean looking ride. And if you really drive your cars, journalists say the Bullitt is the way to go performance wise too soooo.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I have been talking to my sales manager regularly and he said the car is produced awaiting shipment and the ETA is or was March 5-11th as of last week. This week it appears the mustang has not yet been shipped and will not be here within that timeframe and he does not have an ETA as to when it will be shipped.

I had ordered on August 17th and told at the time it should be 6-8 weeks and ended up having an 'apparent' build date on January 22nd. It is suppose to be produced but no revised expected delivery date. When I ordered I gave them my current 2014 GT ($26,000 CDN) + a small cash deposit. I have since been shopping around and the best price is $23,000 (8 months later) at other dealers for my 2014 GT if I went elsewhere. When I ordered I received employee pricing, Costco rebate, etc. in addition because of the issues of the ordering process the sales manager said he'd give me a better price (a couple thousand additional off).

With this said to take my car back and trade in elsewhere I would not get the same rebates as the employee pricing and other rebates are not currently offered. With the lesser value amount on my trade in it gets pricey to walk away. Employee pricing is not offered year round and my car has been ordered and built.

All said and done I'm awaiting a response on the Bullitt. If this doesn't fair out I'll likely give it another week or so and if this drama continues I'll likely walk away and get a Camaro. This ford ordering experience that sounded great back in August has not been enjoyable.
Why can't you get a cash value for the above? They cut you a check and take your 14. Then take that and get the cave of a Camaro. Do you have any of these numbers in writing?

Sponsored

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
Just got an update and my car is in transit officially! The ETA has been changed as well to March 1st - March 5th. It's getting realer every day.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just got an update and my car is in transit officially! The ETA has been changed as well to March 1st - March 5th. It's getting realer every day.
Wooooo!! I hope this is me in 2 months!

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Why can't you get a cash value for the above? They cut you a check and take your 14. Then take that and get the cave of a Camaro. Do you have any of these numbers in writing?
Yes I have the numbers on paper. One thing is that you lose by doing that is the trade in tax value which would amount to $3,250 (pay tax on the difference between you existing trade in and the value of the new car @15%). I've weighted out all the options and wisest scenario is to continue waiting it out but it's killing me to keep waiting. At this rate I may not have it till Fall... exaggerating but I'm already at over 7 months and still nothing. It's ridiculous!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes I have the numbers on paper. One thing is that you lose by doing that is the trade in tax value which would amount to $3,250 (pay tax on the difference between you existing trade in and the value of the new car @15%). I've weighted out all the options and wisest scenario is to continue waiting it out but it's killing me to keep waiting. At this rate I may not have it till Fall... exaggerating but I'm already at over 7 months and still nothing. It's ridiculous!
Dang! Hopefully everyone involved gets their act together for ya. That is a lot of cash to eat for sure.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
That's nuts! Didn't you order in January? 5 months later than me! Happy for you... and cranky with my terrible experience at the same time.
Sponsored