Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've given roughly $30,000 down so it complicates the walking away. Live and Learn! Live and Learn!!!
Wow, what made you put down that much money?
Sponsored

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Based on this thread and the steering wheel issue, plus the Detroit Free Press article about 8,000 Mustangs waiting to be finished, my guess is that the cars that show as produced and awaiting shipment are still waiting for their steering wheels.

The Ford Order Tracking System (formerly COTUS) is not very reliable. Installing 8,000 steering wheels on cars sitting in parking lots (close together I imagine) in the middle of winter while also considering inspections, accidents, etc, is going to take some time.

Then I also foresee some shipping backlog.

I've posted in here before but my car showed as Produced on 2/12 and awaiting shipment then- and still is.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Based on this thread and the steering wheel issue, plus the Detroit Free Press article about 8,000 Mustangs waiting to be finished, my guess is that the cars that show as produced and awaiting shipment are still waiting for their steering wheels.

The Ford Order Tracking System (formerly COTUS) is not very reliable. Installing 8,000 steering wheels on cars sitting in parking lots (close together I imagine) in the middle of winter while also considering inspections, accidents, etc, is going to take some time.

Then I also foresee some shipping backlog.

I've posted in here before but my car showed as Produced on 2/12 and awaiting shipment then- and still is.
Very true. Even if a technician can add the wheels to, say, 10 cars an hour (which seems to be a reasonable rate based on information from workers at the plant) and they put, say, 10 guys on it, it would still take 2 weeks to upfit that many cars. They also still have to be blended into the QC and shipping functions, which will take some time. Even if the Steering Wheel Fairy came down, waved her wand, and they were all done today, moving up to 8000 cars into a shipping system designed for even 800/day will take some time when the current production rate is added in.

At least you're show as "Awaiting Shipping". A bunch of us are stuck at "In Production / Produced" with a date.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Interesting. Nice to know so I wont be too mad if I beat my new car home in May. Thank you for this!

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I gave them my 2014 GT as trade and cash deposit.
What made you do that? You wouldn't be able to trade your car in when you picked it up? You don't need to actually buy the car until you pick up the new one, no different than buying off the lot. Guess you had your reasons, however I would never do that.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I have my window sticker, and I'm in production this week. Today is actually my blend date on the window sticker sooo it's just becoming more and more real.. :rockon:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wouldn't be able to trade your car in when you picked it up?
I've never had a dealer give me a fixed price on a trade for an ordered car, as they can't be certain of the condition of the trade when the car on order arrives. In that case, I can see giving the trade-in early if you have another vehicle to drive in the meantime.

Last edited:

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
What made you do that? You wouldn't be able to trade your car in when you picked it up? You don't need to actually buy the car until you pick up the new one, no different than buying off the lot. Guess you had your reasons, however I would never do that.
They thought they could sell it faster in August when I placed my order and it guaranteed my trade in value. Never thought it would have come to this... week 29 and counting. Still no ETA...

Vanillakuryla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2019 Oxford White Performance Pack Level 2.

401A
Magneride
Active Exhaust
B&O

4 more weeks!

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've never had a dealer give me a fixed price on a trade for an ordered car, as they can't be certain of the condition of the trade when the car on order arrives. In that case, I can see giving the trade-in early if you have another vehicle to drive in the meantime.
Agree with a fixed price on a car that won't be traded in for a couple months, but why would you give them an asset like a car prior to getting the new ordered car. Too many things could happen to throw the deal off. Also, if you have another car to drive, just park the trade in in the garage. The dealer is going to want to sell the new car to you as much as you want to buy it. Negotiation for the trade it should not differ much, if anything you lose your leverage dong it up front. Anyway, just my style of buying cars. For me, I have not trade in for my Mustang. I will be just handing them a certified check for the new Mustang, signing the paperwork and driving off :-),

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
2019 Oxford White Performance Pack Level 2.

401A
Magneride
Active Exhaust
B&O

4 more weeks!
Congrats! What color? When did you order and what is your EDD? Just trying to confirm that most PP2's ordered between Sept and Jan will come end of March beginning of April. So far this is been the case.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They thought they could sell it faster in August when I placed my order and it guaranteed my trade in value. Never thought it would have come to this... week 29 and counting. Still no ETA...
They new back then they were not going to get it quickly. Their true goal was to make it harder for you to walk away. Also, they still have not sold your trade in?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, I have not trade in for my Mustang. I will be just handing them a certified check for the new Mustang, signing the paperwork and driving off :-),
Same here. I sold my 235 in a private sale last month (just before news of the steering wheel delays broke :facepalm:) and will just pay for the Mustang when it finally comes in.

Last time, the BMW dealer took a personal check. Be interesting to see if the Ford dealer will or if he's going to make me go to the bank.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Same here. I sold my 235 in a private sale last month (just before news of the steering wheel delays broke :facepalm:) and will just pay for the Mustang when it finally comes in.

Last time, the BMW dealer took a personal check. Be interesting to see if the Ford dealer will or if he's going to make me go to the bank.
Timing is everything!

I am using the bank check as a point of leverage. I want to make sure ahead of my arrival that the full OTD cost is settled. So letting them know I am bring a certified check for the exact amount in the sales contract for me make it final. No more wiggle room for making any changes. Now if the rebate changes in my favor, They will just cut me a check. I have no doubt they would take a personal check.
Sponsored