Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The steering wheel graphics on the cars with Safe & Sound are different from the others due to the adaptive cruise control. Premium Plus adds the heated steering wheel.

The DFP article seems to indicate that they are now getting all the parts needed. Cars will therefore sort into two groups - those on the line that are being built correctly, and those already produced waiting for the wheels to be attached as enough come in.

The window sticker blend date is the date it was originally scheduled to come off the line based on the week in which it was originally scheduled to be produced.

I am surprised that 8k have the Safe & Sound package. I would have thought only a fairly small percentage would have that option.

Thanks for the article it summed it up nicely. I am a bit disappointed though. I was hoping it would delay my EDD a week or two. Looks like that won't happen. The delay will be felt in the 8k waiting for steering wheel as they probably don't want to keep sending cars out to be parked just to have to bring them back in. If I could, I would tell them to give you my steering wheel to get you on your way. Hopefully they can get them through the line quickly.

Thanks for the info on the blend date. I thought it was the other way around since when they create the windows sticker they would not know when it would come off the line, but they would know the date they planned to start. Either way it is only a few days apart.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I am surprised that 8k have the Safe & Sound package. I would have thought only a fairly small percentage would have that option.
The article gives the impression that for a few weeks, every car came off the line without a wheel However, based on newsworthy events I have personally seen, when I compare what I saw happen to what gets reported, the difference between reality and reporting is often quite a large gap. It's anyone's guess what the situation really is.

The delay will be felt in the 8k waiting for steering wheel as they probably don't want to keep sending cars out to be parked just to have to bring them back in.
I think this is absolutely correct. Cars on the line will get steering wheels to keep from making more "exceptions". Ones already off the the side will get whatever extra wheels come in, and then have to get blended into the QC and shipping functions with the normal flow.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The article gives the impression that for a few weeks, every car came off the line without a wheel However, based on newsworthy events I have personally seen, when I compare what I saw happen to what gets reported, the difference between reality and reporting is often quite a large gap. It's anyone's guess what the situation really is.

I think this is absolutely correct. Cars on the line will get steering wheels to keep from making more "exceptions". Ones already off the the side will get whatever extra wheels come in, and then have to get blended into the QC and shipping functions with the normal flow.
Yeah, guessing with 8k it was almost all. I would also think that that would be V8 and ecoboost's to get to that number, but TLaurent8 looks like his got through, hence the reason I asked for the blend date. Maybe the timing was that his got on the line when the steering wheels were available. Anyway, sorry I feel bad for you and others that have to wait longer to get your car. It will be that much more special when you get it.....at least it will be when you are sitting in it!

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
Just ordered my 19 GT PP1 Magnetic Metallic Monday fully loaded 401A, Auto, Showstopper Red interior, Active Valve Exhaust, Magne-ride, B&O Sound, Enhanced Sec, Safety & Smart.

Hoping there are no more delays for our cars and mine can flow right on through!

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Just ordered my 19 GT PP1 Magnetic Metallic Monday fully loaded 401A, Auto, Showstopper Red interior, Active Valve Exhaust, Magne-ride, B&O Sound, Enhanced Sec, Safety & Smart.

Hoping there are no more delays for our cars and mine can flow right on through!
Good luck to you guys. I ordered August 17th and still haven’t received my car and I can’t seem to get a straight answer.

Sponsored

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
Good luck to you guys. I ordered August 17th and still haven’t received my car and I can’t seem to get a straight answer.
Sounds to me like your dealer didn't have the allotment and they waited to get one before actually ordering it? You shouldn't be waiting that long! You have a vin yet?

If I don't have a vin in 3 weeks I will probably cancel it and go to the largest Ford Dealer in Florida which is in Tampa to order it. The higher the volume they move the higher the priority they can get. We will see! Good luck on yours bro! Can't believe you've been waiting 6 months!

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Sounds to me like your dealer didn't have the allotment and they waited to get one before actually ordering it? You shouldn't be waiting that long! You have a vin yet?

If I don't have a vin in 3 weeks I will probably cancel it and go to the largest Ford Dealer in Florida which is in Tampa to order it. The higher the volume they move the higher the priority they can get. We will see! Good luck on yours bro! Can't believe you've been waiting 6 months!
I’m very much not impressed. I had the VIN since November and the build was January 22nd apparently. From there I get mixed messages whether I talk to Ford performance versus the dealership. I certainly won’t order ever again. At this point my 2014 GT has been in there dealership showroom since September and I gave a down payment. Live and learn...

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
I’m very much not impressed. I had the VIN since November and the build was January 22nd apparently. From there I get mixed messages whether I talk to Ford performance versus the dealership. I certainly won’t order ever again. At this point my 2014 GT has been in there dealership showroom since September and I gave a down payment. Live and learn...
Yeah that's crazy. You're definitely getting yanked around and that's not right. I'd be calling everyone everyday until they got tired of hearing from me. That's ridiculous. Hopefully you'll have it very soon and love riding in the exact car you wanted.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Yeah that's crazy. You're definitely getting yanked around and that's not right. I'd be calling everyone everyday until they got tired of hearing from me. That's ridiculous. Hopefully you'll have it very soon and love riding in the exact car you wanted.
Thank you! At this point I’ve lost my enthusiasm and not sure if I even want it any longer.

Racered pp2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red GT PP2, 1985 Mustang gt coyote swapped
Ordered a 2019 Mustang gt race red pp2 cloth Recaro on Saturday talked to the dealer today told order was placed and should have the vin next Friday!

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Congrats!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ordered a 2019 Mustang gt race red pp2 cloth Recaro on Saturday talked to the dealer today told order was placed and should have the vin next Friday!
Congrats! Seems a bit soon to get a VIN# that quickly. It normally takes at least a couple weeks. Maybe the dealer already placed an order for stock and it matched what you are looking for?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I had the VIN since November and the build was January 22nd apparently.
The plant was closed from 1/17 through 2/11, so the build was not 1/22. Instead, that's probably when it was originally scheduled to be built. With that scheduled date, it was likely built in the first week or so after the plan reopened (as was mine), and is now sitting in a lot awaiting a steering wheel (as is mine).

Neither your dealer, Ford Performance, nor any other source short of a plant scheduler in Flat Rock could tell you when it will actually be finished. That being said, it should take place sometime in the next 6 weeks (before the April 15 scheduled 1 week plant downtime), hopefully sooner rather than later.

CS2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1969 Plymouth Satellite 69k, 1971 Pinto, 1980 442 1 of 886, 1987 Camaro convertible, 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible, 1995 Z28 convertible 23k, i'm the original owner, 2008 Silverado, 2016 Camry SE , AND 2019 Mustang GT on order
The plant was closed from 1/17 through 2/11, so the build was not 1/22. Instead, that's probably when it was originally scheduled to be built. With that scheduled date, it was likely built in the first week or so after the plan reopened (as was mine), and is now sitting in a lot awaiting a steering wheel (as is mine).

Neither your dealer, Ford Performance, nor any other source short of a plant scheduler in Flat Rock could tell you when it will actually be finished. That being said, it should take place sometime in the next 6 weeks (before the April 15 scheduled 1 week plant downtime), hopefully sooner rather than later.

CS2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1969 Plymouth Satellite 69k, 1971 Pinto, 1980 442 1 of 886, 1987 Camaro convertible, 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible, 1995 Z28 convertible 23k, i'm the original owner, 2008 Silverado, 2016 Camry SE , AND 2019 Mustang GT on order
I put my order in 2/18 for a Velocity Blue GT fastback. I ordered it pretty basic, 6-speed , black accent package.. waiting to get VIN info
Sponsored