2019 GTP Stereo build

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Well, I started with the custom sound install this past weekend. I'll be going through this in conjunction with the performance upgrades and hope that by the beginning to mid April all will be complete. I tore most of the interior out this week including all the dash trim (having the chrome and the dash panels all painted black). I still have to remove the carpet, remainder of the center console and the remaining trunk carpet etc.

The setup will be a three way up front (I have Audiofrog GB60, GB25, GB10 setup) which will be active with a Helix DSP.3. I also have a pair of the AF GB12D2 subs. Amps are Mmats HiFi6150 and Mmats 2000.2 for the subs. I did get a minidiag to program so I can tap the line out from the HU and run from there to the Helix. Will also tap the mid speaker wire harnesses for the 2.5 and the 6.5 and run new wires for the tweeters. I'm using the tire well for my airlift compressors and tank so I'm deciding between integrating an amp rack on the back of the Zenclosure or using the underside of the rear deck. I'm also using CLD and CCF over the doors, floors and trunk area. Trying to marry a healthy balance of performance in the speed dept and still have the comforts and sound I want. A couple of tenths one way or the other won't matter to me.

Here is where the car sits after the weekend...

mustang tear down 1.jpg

Mustang tear down 2.jpg
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Nice! šŸ‘šŸ»

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
More tear down last night...only got about 45 free mins, but everything helps

Mustang tear down 3.jpg

Mustang tear down 4.jpg

Mustang tear down 5.jpg

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
Boy, I wish I had the room to tear my car down to that level and do the work, I have to piecemeal my install. Great start to your build!

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Boy, I wish I had the room to tear my car down to that level and do the work, I have to piecemeal my install. Great start to your build!
Thanks! It was tough to decide this close to spring, but I'm basically taking my time and doing everything at once, so I'll for sure miss some nice driving days by tearing the car so far down. I'm going to hopefully finish the interior removal tonight and begin teardown in the engine bay to prep for the CJ, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Question for those that have removed their interior....The lower rear portion of the center console (by the back seat) doesn't want to budge. I've removed all the clips and trim up front, but back there I got one side to pop and the other feels like the sword in the stone. Trying to pop it so I can finish removing the carpet and line the floors with CLD and CCF.

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
If someone doesn't chime in I can check factory manual and post something but still working, currently starting call...

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Got it! I was too focused on it being a pain that I didnā€™t even think to lift the rubber tray inside the bottom of the compartment. There were two bolts under that that popped it free. Interior removal complete! Just waiting on all of my wiring to show up now so I can get moving on re assembly. That will give me some time to plan the hose routes for the airlift

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Right on! Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to turn out really nice! Patience will go a long way here. I was just there several months ago on my 2019 Bullitt. Iā€™ll be following this thread closely and canā€™t wait to see the finished product. BTW, great choice on the AudioFrog components. I used a pair of GS10 tweeters and GS690 mid bass speakers in my previous car and was very happy with them.

Will you be running new speaker wire for the door speakers? Iā€˜m curious to see how you approach that portion of the install.

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Right on! Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to turn out really nice! Patience will go a long way here. I was just there several months ago on my 2019 Bullitt. Iā€™ll be following this thread closely and canā€™t wait to see the finished product. BTW, great choice on the AudioFrog components. I used a pair of GS10 tweeters and GS690 mid bass speakers in my previous car and was very happy with them.

Will you be running new speaker wire for the door speakers? Iā€˜m curious to see how you approach that portion of the install.
Thanks! I'm really excited about the AF gear. It was recommended by guys I know that have very high standards and by all accounts you hear, the sound signature fits my taste. Always a little scary buying un heard.
I'm going to run new wire to the GB10s, but the mids and mid bass I will tap into the harness for at the advice of someone who's been there and works on these pretty closely.

Next step is lay out the airride lines while I wait for wiring etc to come in. I also have to start trunk layout. I'm expecting the Zenclosure to arrive early next week so I can "dry fit" that and work from there. I'd like to preserve a little trunk space and come up with a layout for the amps, dsp, tank and compressors that looks really good and clean as well. I'll mach up a few options this weekend based on the enclosure placement roughly and then tweak once it arrives.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks! I'm really excited about the AF gear. It was recommended by guys I know that have very high standards and by all accounts you hear, the sound signature fits my taste. Always a little scary buying un heard.
I'm going to run new wire to the GB10s, but the mids and mid bass I will tap into the harness for at the advice of someone who's been there and works on these pretty closely.
Sounds like youā€™ve carefully mapped it all out. If you can, please post info/pics of how and where you tap for the mid bass signals. Thanks
Sponsored