2019 gt maintenance question

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
WSS-M2C945-B1 Is the required spec. It’s only applicable to 5w20. Once you are running a roush you have a different tune and oil thickness. I contacted mobile 1 and a few others and found that there only a Few oils that meet this spec. From what I understand is it’s specific to lspi. Probably the kind of crazy stuff you have to do when you make a 12:1 motor and tell people it will run on 87...
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
If I recall correctly my first change was done at 3300 and I went full synthetic. This was at the dealer.

Since then I’ve done my own and I switched to Mobil 1 5w-30 full synthetic with the FL500S filter.

As for other maintenance things? I’d say it depends on what you’re going to do to the car. If you’re staying stock, or relatively stock, I’d advise to adhere to the service manual on the maintenance items and intervals.

I changed my trans and diff fluid out early on to the BG fluids. That was by choice and not necessity really.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I agree it’s good oil but if you blow your engine don’t want to give ford a reason not to cover. I actually contacted several manufactures that did not recommend running their oil as it didn’t meet the spec ...
How is Ford going to prove PUP caused an engine failure...? It way beats the Motorcraft semi blend. You are being way to paranoid. You actually need to me more concerned with running crap fuel and busting a ring land over oil. Next...

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Use the owners manual schedule of service and you can’t go wrong. If you bought new you should have sone Ford points which you can use for 1st service or your dealer may have 1 or 2 for free. Oil change and rotation no more than $55 or $70 bucks.

If you do it yourself just take your time. Every 5 k should be good.

‘Also rotate tires left to right each time you change.

On my 15 PP2 I got a square setup , used some spacers and bought 2 rear wheels so I could have a true square setup front and back.

You should be fine for the 1st 50K.
I didn't buy it new I bought it with 2800 miles from a chevy dealership off a doctor who traded it for an identical spec Camaro :cwl:

also my tires are staggered so I didnt think you could rotate them
and lastly what are the widest tires I can fit on stock pp1 rims?

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Do an early oli change to clear out all of the metal crud in the engine. I did my first at 220 miles and was shocked at the amount of metallic crud in the drain pan. I was so shocked that I did additional changes at 600 and 1000 miles with each having less crud in the drain pan. I am at 7K so far and no tics. The Motorcraft semi synthetic oil is fine with the FL500 filter. Be sure to pick up an extra plastic oil pan drain plug at the dealer before doing your own work if you go forward. Walmart has the 10 quart jugs for a good price along with the filters. Also make sure that if you DYI the change that you get a 10 qt drain pan as it comes out very fast!
I also installed Steeda jacking rails on my GT which I highly recommend for easy maintenance and brake / wheel work. You can replace the rear backup lamp bulb with a Diode Dynamics LED bulb for much brighter nighttime back up visibility. A five minute job and your rear camera will love this at night. I have installed black mud / splash guards on all for wheels due to the wide tires kicking up all of the stones up onto the body. If you do a lot of highway driving, some form of front end paint protection will be in order. I went cheap and use a Covercraft bra for long trips at about $150. Finally, I purchased one additional Mustang key fob so I have three total. Purchased online, under $100, and I programed it myself in the driveway in five minutes. I use it as a service key for dealer visits so they cannot lose one of the two originals.
thank you so much for the suggestions these are great and ill be sure to get that light and the guy who owned the car from before me did an early oil change and then I had it changed at 3300 due to a bad oil filter getting oil all over my driveway
lastly with the splash guards whats a good brand

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
WSS-M2C945-B1 Is the required spec. It’s only applicable to 5w20. Once you are running a roush you have a different tune and oil thickness. I contacted mobile 1 and a few others and found that there only a Few oils that meet this spec. From what I understand is it’s specific to lspi. Probably the kind of crazy stuff you have to do when you make a 12:1 motor and tell people it will run on 87...
oh hell no I only put 93

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I didn't buy it new I bought it with 2800 miles from a chevy dealership off a doctor who traded it for an identical spec Camaro :cwl:

also my tires are staggered so I didnt think you could rotate them
and lastly what are the widest tires I can fit on stock pp1 rims?

There are other threads here on max tire size..

I did 275/40 all around when i did the square setup. My car was stock height so consider that.

I read that a 295 was possible.

I bought a set of pp1 rears and put them on front and used a 10mm spacer .that worked.

If you like the staggered look you can still rotate side to side per owners manual.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I found some splash guards / mud flaps that fit a Ford truck so that they are wide enough. I set them flush with the tire sidewalls and low to the ground. Back to the oil changes early on... with the high amount of metallic crud I saw at 220 miles, there was no way that was going to help a fresh engine properly break in. With an oil filter possibly restricted, the oil pan pickup screen restricted/ blocked, and all of the small VCT oil screens jammed up, a cheap Walmart $45 DYI change was a no brainer. I showed my Ford service advisor the pictures of the metallic crud and he said "WOW". Metallic glitter is for Hallmark greeting card not Coyote V-8s.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You are going to get a lot of different opinions. There are some that change early and often, some that change strictly by the OLM, some that only use the Ford Motorcraft 5w20 and others that use a different weight oil and from different manufactures.

New to Mustang, I now own a 2019 gt pp2 and am curious about oil change times and types...Any suggestions?

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I also purchased a 2019 GT PP1 and was curious right away about lubricants. I reached out to 2 very reputable oil manufacturers, Royal Purple, and Amsoil. BOTH of them said NOT to change the oil before 2k miles. This is the email I got from RP's Tech. Can't find the Amsoil email but he recommended the exact same thing @2k miles for the exact same reason.

Thank you or contacting us!

For brand new engines we recommend using the factory fill engine oil for the first oil change period and go ahead and leave it in for one normal oil and filter change interval as recommended in the owner’s manual. If however you want to go full synthetic earlier than that, we recommend putting at least 2,000 miles on the engine using the factory fill oil, before changing to a Royal Purple full synthetic oil, so as to more effectively break in the piston rings. Royal Purple synthetic oils tend to get in the way of break in wear and wear in general a little too well, to be optimal for engine break in purposes.

For your 2019 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L V8, Performance pack, we recommend the following:

Engine: 10.0 quarts;

To make your selection of Royal Purple engine oils a little bit easier and to also show you how our different oils rank with each other in terms of performance and protection, I will list them below in order, listed from awesome at the top to most awesome at the bottom.

Royal Purple SAE 5W-20 (part #01520, quart bottle)(part #51520, 5 quart bottle);

This is the oil you need to use during the Ford warranty period. This version meets the Ford WSS-M2C945-B1 specification and therefore is Ford warranty compliant.

SAE/API: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/api-licensed-motor-oil/

After Ford warranty is no longer a concern, whether it be due to engine power modifications or bumping out because of time or miles, you can then safely and effectively upgrade to the following performance and protection upgrade oils.

For a significant upgrade in performance and protection including the addition of our proprietary Synerlec additive technology and high mileage benefits like seal and gasket conditioning:

Royal Purple HMX 5W-20 (part #17511, quart bottle)(part #17518, 5 quart bottle);

HMX High Mileage: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/hmx-high-mileage-motor-oil/

For an even more significant upgrade in performance and protection, with even more Synerlec and more of the zinc/phosphorous ZDDP anti-wear additive, and also the very same high mileage benefits as the HMX High Mileage oil, we recommend HPS- High Performance Street:

Royal Purple HPS 5W-20 (part #31520, quart bottle);

HPS: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/hps-high-performance-street-motor-oil/

Engine Oil filter: Royal Purple Extended Life Synthetic Oil filter (part #20-500)

(available at Pep Boys, O’Reilly’s and from many online sellers)

RP Oil Filter: http://www.royalpurple.com/consumer/extended-life-oil-filters/

Auto Trans: Use ONLY the Ford/Mercon ULV ATF fluid or a licensed equivalent;

Manual Trans: Royal Purple Synchromax* (part #01512, quart bottle); 2.75 quarts;

(Getrag MT82 six speed)

*Not Ford warranty compliant

Synchromax: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/synchromax-manual-transmission-fluid/

Differential: Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-90* (part #01300, quart bottle); 1.6. quarts;

*Not a Ford warranty compliant replacement for the OE 75W-85 fluid.

Max Gear: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/max_gear/

(Max Gear already includes the limited slip differential friction modifier additive)

Fuel System:

Royal Purple Max Clean (part #11722, 20oz bottle); (cleaner and stabilizer)

Max Clean: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/max-clean-fuel-system-cleaner/

Royal Purple Max Boost (part #11757, 16oz bottle); (self-cleaning octane booster and stabilizer)

Max Boost: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/max-boost-octane-booster/

Cooling System: Purple Ice (part #01600, 12oz bottle); (best in category heat transfer and corrosion protection)

Purple Ice: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/purple-ice-cooling-system-optimizer/

Grease: Royal Purple Ultra Performance Grease (part #01312, tube); (chassis lube points)

UPG: http://www.royalpurple.com/product/ultra-performance-grease/

Thank you for choosing Royal Purple!

Best Regards,

James Morrissey

Sr. Automotive Technical Support
Sponsored