Regular Maintenance Questions

MadMuirder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I do my own oil changes, but I'd like to avoid dealer maintenance if possible (I just like the thought of doing it myself honestly).

I have 31k miles on my car.
I do oil change every 7k miles, Full Synthetic Mobil 1 and Purolator Boss filter.
I replaced the air filter with a K&N filter at 15k miles, I plan on cleaning it and re-oiling about every 15k miles until I upgrade to a CAI.
Are there suspension points I need to be lubing? I saw some aftermarket sway bars have grease fittings...do the stock PP sway bars have grease fittings? If so what grease? Any other chassis points that need to be greased?
What about spark plugs, how often to change? IIRC the manual says at 30k miles?
Any info on how long most people get on Brembo brake rotor/pads? Recommended replacements?
When I got my car, the coolant level was right at min when cold. It is now about 1/2 an inch below the min line...I'm going to take it to the dealer to get them to check some things because I feel like I shouldn't be consuming coolant, even at a slow rate. If I want to add coolant myself, is any dexcool fine - or do I HAVE to get the motorcraft coolant specified?

And then any other tips/tricks/recommendations are very welcomed! Thank you!
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
No lube points on the chassis it's all sealed. Cars use coolant and oil, too and need topped up. Some is normal, a lot is not. If it's not white or blue out the tailpipes, your fine, and too, not on the ground, youre fine.

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
Anyone know how to drain and refill the A10 transmission fluid? Any videos or instructions?

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
At 24K miles, all I've had to do was change my oil and top off my coolant (I used Motorcraft specific coolant). Not much to be done at this mileage.
Sponsored