IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Love adaptive cruise!
Yeah me too and totally puzzled on the person who ordered mine didn’t add the adaptive.
Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
So I've been out of the car game for about 11 years and been driving F-150 SCREWs but before this I had a MB AMG C55 and Volvo S60R's. Due to starting a family, buying a house and having 2 - Dobermans I got pickups. Now I'm back and although my original intent was to buy a Porsche, I'm wanting a Mustang since the cost of maintenance much cheaper. Considered a 2017 GT350 but the engine and maintenance worries me a bit long term. I work from home and on my 2013 F-150 I have only 45k on the odometer. This would replace my truck.

I've been on the hunt for a new or used 2018/2019 GT Premium, A10, 401A, PP1, MagneRide, Active Exhaust & B&O but having a really hard time finding one. I see a ton of the Ecoboosts out there but very few of this combination. Although I'm close, normally they have a bit more add on's than I really need.

Is this combination hard to find and what is the average cost y'all been paying for this?
Couldn’t find this config in Orange Fury in SoCal, so I ordered last October. Waited 15 weeks for my DD; it was worth it.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I think dealers tend to view the EB as the 'value' model, and presume that not many want the 'value' model fully loaded. Also, as previously mentioned, Magneride is pretty scarce. If you know exactly what you want, and, like me, aren't willing to compromise, you may want to do a factory order. Also, a dealer can do a more extensive search. I'm in ATL, when I was looking, there was a single car that match my criteria, in Hawaii!

I've been very happy with my Velocity Blue, EB PP, pretty much fully loaded. Plus, there's something cool about knowing it was built just for you. Also, a minor bonus, you get to tell the dealer to never ever wash it, so you'll get paint that the dealer hasn't swirled up already. It was strange getting my brand new car home, and it was still filthy from the train ride.

If you do a factory order, do it the same as you would buying a more common car. List your options, get a price. Take the price to a second dealer, get a better price, etc. Just be prepared for a very long wait while its built.

Sponsored

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
1`
You can have the adaptive cruise from mine. It's fairly useless.
That's an interesting comment. I never liked the standard cruise control because I found it a bit intimidating. But with the additional adaptive ability, I find it works a treat. At least if I'm distracted at the moment the car in front brakes, I'm not to rear-end them.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
1`

That's an interesting comment. I never liked the standard cruise control because I found it a bit intimidating. But with the additional adaptive ability, I find it works a treat. At least if I'm distracted at the moment the car in front brakes, I'm not to rear-end them.
I've always had such a lead foot, I've had to rely heavily on CC to keep from speeding on the hwy. The ACC has been amazing, because I don't have to turn it off/on every time I come up to a slow car.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of rear ending, I separate collision avoidance systems from adaptive cruise.

For me, since I tend to run at the safest speed on the highway (5-8mph faster than traffic) and properly use lanes, adaptive cruise just shuts down my drive as I approach slower cars in the right lane. With regular cruise I maintain speed and pass on left.
20190506_091235.jpg

Last edited:

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
That is probably about as close to an unicorn as you can get with a dealer ordered car. Mine has everything you want except Magnaride plus mine includes the Safe and Smart Package. This was everything I wanted except it has my second choice for exterior color and leather color. I inquired about it in the morning and was driving it home that afternoon. All of the rest of the GT's on dealer lots around me were equipped with a lot less options.

It took a while to get used to adaptive cruise but as soon as I feel I am slowing down I start looking to pass. I just turned on the forward collision warning Saturday to see how I like it. I also like lane keeping and BLIS was a requirement for any car I get.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
First car I drove with ACC was my wife's pilot. Took it on some long road trips. I have always hated CC as it constantly needed to be adjusted or needed help getting to the right speed depending on traffic patterns. So I really never used it. I gave ACC a try as it was a new gizmo to try out and wow, I was amazed at how infrequently it needed attention. I am a very alert driver (plus I don't really trust cars to drive on their own) so I don't care about it "saving" me. I do find it useful on long stretches to help keep your right foot getting tired. This is something I never was fully ever to achieve with regular CC. I have not tried it yet in my Mustang, but I am assuming it will work as well as the Honda.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
In terms of rear ending, I separate collision avoidance systems from adaptive cruise.

For me, since I tend to run at the safest speed on the highway (5-8mph faster than traffic) and properly use lanes, adaptive cruise just shuts down my drive as I approach slower cars in the right lane. With regular cruise I maintain speed and pass on left.
20190506_091235.jpg
Damn...I’m off the chart again...

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Go with your initial thought of the GT350. Low mileage 17's can be had for what you'll pay for the 19 GT, maybe less.
I'm obviously bias as I own a 2018 GT350 but the car is great. Haven't had even a lick of a problems (knock knock). With the exception of oil changes being a bit more expensive , maintenance is no different then the GT. If your not into making huge power and really want a real drivers car its a no brainer. I've owned all the american muscle cars, from zl1 to GT500 to 5.0's to terminators to hellcats and back to the 350. The 350 the greatest period.
With that said the GT is a great car too. It also has owners with there fair share of problems as well.
Good luck.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I think I found a car that has everything I want and it stickers at 52k. They are selling it for 46k. Think I can do better than that?
Sponsored