Sponsored

2018 Support Now Available!

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
Giddy-upgrade your 2018 Mustang EcoBoost from pedestrian to equestrian! COBB is excited to announce support with the Accessport and full Stage 1, Stage 1 +, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Power Packages that maximize the potential for your 2018 Mustang EcoBoost! The appropriate Off The Shelf maps are included with these packages and receive a bump in power over the previous model years. Custom ECU tuning is available through a Protuner and COBB Custom Features will be available soon. Each of the COBB Staged Power Packages available are detailed here.

Kyle@COBB
Sponsored

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
Giddy-upgrade your 2018 Mustang EcoBoost from pedestrian to equestrian! COBB is excited to announce support with the Accessport and full Stage 1, Stage 1 +, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Power Packages that maximize the potential for your 2018 Mustang EcoBoost! The appropriate Off The Shelf maps are included with these packages and receive a bump in power over the previous model years. Custom ECU tuning is available through a Protuner and COBB Custom Features will be available soon. Each of the COBB Staged Power Packages available are detailed here.

Kyle@COBB
A couple of questions.

Can I buy stage 3 and install a down tube later? I have all other mods and even have a down tube waiting.

Can I buy 91 octane and run on 93 or vice versa? Will it change performance?

If I buy accessport and tune at the same time will the port have the tune loaded?

Do I need to keep the port installed or can I tune and uninstall?

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple of questions.

Can I buy stage 3 and install a down tube later? I have all other mods and even have a down tube waiting.

Can I buy 91 octane and run on 93 or vice versa? Will it change performance?

If I buy accessport and tune at the same time will the port have the tune loaded?

Do I need to keep the port installed or can I tune and uninstall?
You can buy anything in any order. You just have to make sure the map you are running corresponds with the modifications you have installed. Here is a link to the map notes outlining the modification requirements for each map.

The number in the map name is the minimum octane that can be run. You can run the 91 map with 93 octane in the tank but not vice versa. This will add some detonation resistance but will not increase performance.

The Accessport comes with every off the shelf map included.

Once the ECU is flashed, the Accessport is installed to the car and the tune will remain. This will be the case until you reflash the ECU again. This does not have to stay plugged in unless you want to monitor/datalog or make changes.

Kyle@COBB

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can buy anything in any order. You just have to make sure the map you are running corresponds with the modifications you have installed. Here is a link to the map notes outlining the modification requirements for each map.

The number in the map name is the minimum octane that can be run. You can run the 91 map with 93 octane in the tank but not vice versa. This will add some detonation resistance but will not increase performance.

The Accessport comes with every off the shelf map included.

Once the ECU is flashed, the Accessport is installed to the car and the tune will remain. This will be the case until you reflash the ECU again. This does not have to stay plugged in unless you want to monitor/datalog or make changes.

Kyle@COBB
I’m not sure I understand your answer to 3. Are you saying that when I buy the accessport and install it I will have all tune options to choose from? No extra fees or downloads?

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
When will 2019 support be available?

Sponsored

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure I understand your answer to 3. Are you saying that when I buy the accessport and install it I will have all tune options to choose from? No extra fees or downloads?
That is correct.

When will 2019 support be available?
Too early to say as of this instant. We'll know more once we get one. It certainly won't be as long of a wait as the 18 was though.

Kyle@COBB

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Thanks, guys (finally) I've been waiting since I got my car in April ( I already have full exhaut and intercooler from CP-e)

Would I need to get custom tuned because I am not using COBB parts?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Do you have dyno charts comparing the COBB tune to the 2018 stock tune?

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, guys (finally) I've been waiting since I got my car in April ( I already have full exhaut and intercooler from CP-e)

Would I need to get custom tuned because I am not using COBB parts?
The OTS maps are made with the COBB parts so those are ideal but you can get typically get away with other manufacturer's parts on this platform. As long as you have the correct modifications, you should be fine. Check out the map notes for the details: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/98417021/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+Map+Notes

Do you have dyno charts comparing the COBB tune to the 2018 stock tune?
Check out that blog post linked above: https://www.cobbtuning.com/2018-ford-mustang-ecoboost-support-now-available/

Kyle@COBB

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 w/ AT | Oxford White w/ Black Accent Package
The OTS maps are made with the COBB parts so those are ideal but you can get typically get away with other manufacturer's parts on this platform. As long as you have the correct modifications, you should be fine. Check out the map notes for the details: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/98417021/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+Map+Notes

Check out that blog post linked above: https://www.cobbtuning.com/2018-ford-mustang-ecoboost-support-now-available/

Kyle@COBB
Any particular reason why you guys didn't remove the 120mph limiter with this tune?
bobby.jpg

Sponsored

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
Any particular reason why you guys didn't remove the 120mph limiter with this tune?
bobby.jpg
I don’t think they could do that without adversely affecting the car. The increased speed limiter is also a result of a larger radiator, and I believe an oil cooler, not just the ecu. Too many customers would use a Cobb tune and then blame Cobb when their car overheats at high speed :headbang:

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
bobby.jpg
I don’t think they could do that without adversely affecting the car. The increased speed limiter is also a result of a larger radiator, and I believe an oil cooler, not just the ecu. Too many customers would use a Cobb tune and then blame Cobb when their car overheats at high speed :headbang:
I'm pretty sure the 120 mph speed limit is tire related. The Perf Pack cars have a 155 mph limit.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I'm pretty sure the 120 mph speed limit is tire related. The Perf Pack cars have a 155 mph limit.
Perf Pack also has a bigger radiator.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Perf Pack also has a bigger radiator.
At speeds of 120+ the radiator is getting so much airflow that the mildly increased size will not have much affect. It is most likely due to the tires.

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At speeds of 120+ the radiator is getting so much airflow that the mildly increased size will not have much affect. It is most likely due to the tires.
Maybe its the demographic of the purchaser of the base model being younger, less experienced drivers?
That said, Im the owner of fully loaded PP and Id bet far older than the target market and I've not yet seen the 120 mph limit of a base model.
Sponsored