2018 Support Now Available!

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I was told that ROM for '19 Ecoboost with active exhaust is different then other '19's and that it was same as the one used for Raptor which I found strange... Wonder why Ford decided to use different calibration.
Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I was told that ROM for '19 Ecoboost with active exhaust is different then other '19's and that it was same as the one used for Raptor which I found strange... Wonder why Ford decided to use different calibration.
I don’t buy it. There are threads here where people with certain trim levels had the AE harness from the factory, and were able to retrofit with just parts and one flag in FORScan. Pretty sure they’re the same, but Cobb is waiting to release until they confirm.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I bet it's literally one line of code or a button that needs pressed and they are just being lazy about doing it.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I bet it's literally one line of code or a button that needs pressed and they are just being lazy about doing it.
I think there will be zero change in the tune, but they just want to do their due diligence before releasing. It’s a new feature that’s a wildcard until they test to verify how it works with the tune. Makes sense to me that they’d want to be cautious with an unknown. I just wish they’d hurry up.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t buy it. There are threads here where people with certain trim levels had the AE harness from the factory, and were able to retrofit with just parts and one flag in FORScan. Pretty sure they’re the same, but Cobb is waiting to release until they confirm.
From what I have researched both off and on this forum, I do know the as-built data for with and without active exhaust is identical except for 2 lines that can be changed in the IPC module using Forscan. What I don't know for a fact is did Ford change the PCM image for 2019 from the 2018 version. Just from how Cobb is rolling out their support, I would say that the 2018 PCM image is the same for with and without active exhaust. As for 2019, I would say the PCM image definitely changed from 2018, but whether there are 2 flavors (with/without) remains to be seen. You could always call Cobb support and see if they would verify which case it is. As I posted before, Ford must have made significant changes to the PCM image starting with 2018, since it took an appreciable amount of time for the tuning device vendors to come up to support it despite already supporting 2015-17, and even today, Cobb still hasn't rolled out the full feature set available on 2015-17. As to 2019, the delay in providing support for without active exhaust, and now the wait for with active exhaust, could be attributable either to Ford changing it up again, or the vendors just being cautious with their testing and QC.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I have gone back and looked at my messages from Cobb. What was said was Ecoboost and Raptor share the same team at Cobb. The stuff I said about active exhaust having Different ROM from other Eco's was correct...
Sponsored