2018 Shelby GT350/R Order Guide

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Has anyone else play around and try to build their current GT350 with the 2018 build and price? I went to build mine and I can no longer add the black roof and the stripes. I have a 2017 is Ruby Red with black stripes and painted black roof. Cannot build that in 2018.
Not allowed in the '18. Its one or the other, not both.
Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Has anyone else played around and try to build their current GT350 with the 2018 build and price? I went to build mine and I can no longer add the black roof and the stripes. I have a 2017, Ruby Red with black stripes and painted black roof. Cannot build that in 2018.
Now that's a nice parking spot! I'd probably pull in further, though - I can see some dip-s**t crashing into the back...

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Has anyone else played around and try to build their current GT350 with the 2018 build and price? I went to build mine and I can no longer add the black roof and the stripes. I have a 2017, Ruby Red with black stripes and painted black roof. Cannot build that in 2018.
Beautiful car, tomcat!

I walked in to the dealership last night to order a 2018 GT Premium w/PP, Vari valve exhaust, magneride, etc. But they had just received a pair of 2017 GT350s.

Guess who got to put the first test drive miles on these brand new, wonderful cars??!! Consequently I couldn't get the Voodoo rumble out of my head. I went back today and bought a Magnetic one with ott stripes and the electronics package.

I paid sticker. Dumb? Not dumb? I don't know. But it seems like a lot of dealers around here mark GT350s up $10k to $20k and still sell them in days -- when and if they can get them in stock. Which for my dealer is exactly once a year. I grabbed it because I could, the opportunity there and...

Voodoo.

:)

I bought it at the end of the night. I'll drop off my '13 V6 trade tomorrow after they finish detailing and just.... driiiiiive. :)

PS -- somewhat back on topic: I did configure my car as a 2018 GT350 and got a number $1000 more than I paid today for my GT350. But I could not see what was there for that +$1000 that I didn't get with my 2017. Am I missing something?

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
Beautiful car, tomcat!

I walked in to the dealership last night to order a 2018 GT Premium w/PP, Vari valve exhaust, magneride, etc. But they had just received a pair of 2017 GT350s.

Guess who got to put the first test drive miles on these brand new, wonderful cars??!! Consequently I couldn't get the Voodoo rumble out of my head. I went back today and bought a Magnetic one with ott stripes and the electronics package.

I paid sticker. Dumb? Not dumb? I don't know. But it seems like a lot of dealers around here mark GT350s up $10k to $20k and still sell them in days -- when and if they can get them in stock. Which for my dealer is exactly once a year. I grabbed it because I could, the opportunity there and...

Voodoo.

I bought it at the end of the night. I'll drop off my '13 V6 trade tomorrow after they finish detailing and just.... driiiiiive. :)

PS -- somewhat back on topic: I did configure my car as a 2018 GT350 and got a number $1000 more than I paid today for my GT350. But I could not see what was there for that +$1000 that I didn't get with my 2017. Am I missing something?
It may sound dumb but could they mark up the price if they're making less in 2018?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car, tomcat!

Voodoo.

Apparently, MSRP increased $1K for 2018. I think an MSRP purchase is just fine. Some folks are getting a little below, but, why quibble? Best of luck with it.

Sponsored

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Still NO Automatic what a joke Ford is!! The entire world's top sports cars including Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, ALL have Automatics on their top performance editions except for Ford! I've only ever bought Mustangs but now I will buy elsewhere

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
Still NO Automatic what a joke Ford is!! The entire world's top sports cars including Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, ALL have Automatics on their top performance editions except for Ford! I've only ever bought Mustangs but now I will buy elsewhere
It's manual so you can fully dive into the experience of driving the car. Although autos are faster now most car lovers still love driving a manual car

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
With all these sightings and rumors, don't you think a new car is just around the corner ?
I mean in a few months, we'll surely see something coming out. A new GT500 maybe ?

Time will tell.... I personally was tempted to jump into the R bandwagon, now that my son is older is no longer needs to ride with us anymore (and I have a sedan also) ... But I will regret most likely buying an R and then seeing the GT500 announced.

How many of you would get one, provided it will handle ok and can be tracked, considering it will have over 600 HP ?

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
It's manual so you can fully dive into the experience of driving the car. Although autos are faster now most car lovers still love driving a manual car
No. Manual lovers drive manuals.

With all these sightings and rumors, don't you think a new car is just around the corner ?
I mean in a few months, we'll surely see something coming out. A new GT500 maybe ?
"Sightings"? Of what, precisely? A camoflauged Mustang running around Detroit someone who doesn't know anything presumes must be the super secret flux capacitor powered Mustang the world is awaiting? Ford probably bundles up a couple modded cars a week just to throw people off and make bets on how wrong Internet forum posters are.

If constant product evolution makes buying a Mustang is this rough, I hope you never need a laptop. A bigger, better, badder Mustang ALWAYS is a year or two around the corner and always will be. I shudder to think how many prime driving years people have squandered upon analysis paralysis, not because an epic car hasn't been available, but because a newer one soon will be.

Makes me wonder why the type of car seems to matter so little since virtually no car does everything well. Even a Chiron has its shortcomings. A GT is exactly what its name implies, a Grand Tourer. BOSSes and GT350s always will be track oriented, but neither is most people's ideal daily driver. GT500s offer unapologetic power, but lapping one is almost more work than fun.

Various bolt ons can help certain models do some things better. But if power and value are all that matter, pick up a 2017 GT and bolt on a blower for a song. Nobody went to his grave remembering fondly the car he didn't buy. But more than a handful found themselves no longer willing or able to do all the things he once hoped while waiting for the "ideal" car that never came.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

"Sightings"? Of what, precisely? A camoflauged Mustang running around Detroit someone who doesn't know anything presumes must be the super secret flux capacitor powered Mustang the world is awaiting? Ford probably bundles up a couple modded cars a week just to throw people off and make bets on how wrong Internet forum posters are.

If constant product evolution makes buying a Mustang is this rough, I hope you never need a laptop. A bigger, better, badder Mustang ALWAYS is a year or two around the corner and always will be. I shudder to think how many prime driving years people have squandered upon analysis paralysis, not because an epic car hasn't been available, but because a newer one soon will be.

Makes me wonder why the type of car seems to matter so little since virtually no car does everything well. Even a Chiron has its shortcomings. A GT is exactly what its name implies, a Grand Tourer. BOSSes and GT350s always will be track oriented, but neither is most people's ideal daily driver. GT500s offer unapologetic power, but lapping one is almost more work than fun.

Various bolt ons can help certain models do some things better. But if power and value are all that matter, pick up a 2017 GT and bolt on a blower for a song. Nobody went to his grave remembering fondly the car he didn't buy. But more than a handful found themselves no longer willing or able to do all the things he once hoped while waiting for the "ideal" car that never came.
My salesman says its coming soon! :D

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Wait, now having a manual gearbox is a joke? Drop the crack pipe!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Appreciate the education!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Wait, now having a manual gearbox is a joke? Drop the crack pipe!!
Only joke there is that he's driving a Shelby Terlingua... a 5.0 GT with $10,000 worth of mods that he paid $60,000 for LOL :lol:

If you're dead set on having an automatic sports car any Mustang or Camaro wouldn't even be on my radar... I would be looking for something with a DCT i.e Porsche, R8, etc. etc.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Time will tell.... I personally was tempted to jump into the R bandwagon, now that my son is older is no longer needs to ride with us anymore (and I have a sedan also) ... But I will regret most likely buying an R and then seeing the GT500 announced.

How many of you would get one, provided it will handle ok and can be tracked, considering it will have over 600 HP ?
If it is not NA, I'm not interested. If it is, I'm not interested. My GT350 is a keeper. Hell, I have 20 year old 200HP Boxster (first year) - the new ones make a lot more power and are a lot "better". I wouldn't do a even trade.

I do, however, have one open garage space, so you never know...
Sponsored