2018 Shelby GT350/R Order Guide

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Does anyone think there is any chance at all of any engine mods for MY18? Is that why the engine data was missing from the info in the OP here?

I have just been advised that I can get my dealer's only MY18R if I want it. I would only be interested if there is something different (esp engine power, etc) beyond color. I know all the official word is no changes, and that actually makes sense for where this product is in its lifecycle (ie late), but a guy can hope. :clap2::shrug::headbang:
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Does anyone think there is any chance at all of any engine mods for MY18? Is that why the engine data was missing from the info in the OP here?

I have just been advised that I can get my dealer's only MY18R if I want it. I would only be interested if there is something different (esp engine power, etc) beyond color. I know all the official word is no changes, and that actually makes sense for where this product is in its lifecycle (ie late), but a guy can hope. :clap2::shrug::headbang:
If you are in a comfortable position to take on another R model I would be all over it regardless if the engine will be modded or not?

Based on the information that I have been given the engine will be the same but as you say here is hoping.

I am just waiting to hear about a 2018 R model as well and looking forward to some good news real soon.

Let us know what you end up doing and good luck!

:clap2:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
The order guide says no changes. not sure why its being debated?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
The 2015 and 17 order guides and were the same way. I recall the 2016 was also like that.
order.JPG
order2.JPG

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The order guide says no changes. not sure why its being debated?
Not debating, only hoping. Looks like this has been the way they disclosed info from prior years, so I think we know what it will be (same). Many of us hope against the odds, but that is all it is. Thanks for the comments. :headbang:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Even if they offered more HP...it would be minimal and not worth it...IMO. now if it was 50 HP...id think about it. 20 or 30...nah.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Even if they offered more HP...it would be minimal and not worth it...IMO. now if it was 50 HP...id think about it. 20 or 30...nah.
Well, perhaps I am the oddball (no piling on here guys :D ), but I was considering yet another base R. They have been very rare in MY16 (~60) and presumably will also be in the larger MY17 (guessing ~80). But given the back up camera thing and the winter hiatus, looks like there will be just a ~4 week production window for these in MY18. If they build them, I am guessing there may only be 10 or so. That is very rare indeed. If it had a few more ponies, I would be all over that. Yup. Call me crazy :headbang:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I get it, i do...its tempting. The only model year i see carrying a premium is 15 because it was the beginning.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

Sponsored

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
Does anyone know why someone would get the electronics package over the convenience package? The convenience package includes the electronics package in it and they're both $3,000. Anyone know?

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Does anyone know why someone would get the electronics package over the convenience package? The convenience package includes the electronics package in it and they're both $3,000. Anyone know?
Because they don't want Recaros.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Might be a dumb question, but are recaros that good?
YES. :D

I could have got my 2017 about 2 months early as the Dealer had the exact car I wanted in stock, but with sofa seats. I passed because I wanted Recaro's. In a track car, most will prefer Recaro's. Some who want absolute comfort are insistent on the Sofa seats, so there is definitely a demand for them (and I'm a little older, so I get it).

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
YES. :D

I could have got my 2017 about 2 months early as the Dealer had the exact car I wanted in stock, but with sofa seats. I passed because I wanted Recaro's. In a track car, most will prefer Recaro's. Some who want absolute comfort are insistent on the Sofa seats, so there is definitely a demand for them (and I'm a little older, so I get it).
Thank you, i just ordered a 2018 right now, w/ electronics package, so i could keep the recaros
Sponsored