Sponsored

2018+ Pulsing start button

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Back in 2018, one of the updates was that the engine start button, before you started the car, would "pulse" at the same rate as the heartbeat of a horse. I remember reading this, and I remember seeing new 2018 cars doing this - Not sure if it was a premium trim thing or what. My 2021 was a base model, and the start button did not pulse, just static illumination. I upgraded to Sync III, and it still doesn't do any pulsing - to be expected, I suppose, in a swapped car. My question is, was this a 2018 only thing? Did later cars do this as well?
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Never paid attention. I'll try it when I get home

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
My 19 does it when I open the door, but it remains steady once it is turned on.

EDIT: Also, it is hard to see in the day time as it is the red backlighting that pulses slowly.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do some of you actually sit there in your S550 and think to themselves - "wow, my little pony is breathing ever so quietly"....?

It wouid have been a spectacular feat if Ford was able to not only produce a horse heartbeat, but horse turds popping onto the ground after the car was started.... give some of you the real sense of what it's like taking care of a horse...

:crackup:

Sorry, Enthusiast of both the mechanical and live Mustangs, but I don't see the infatuation with a pulsating start button - and that's coming from someone who has it in my 2018.

Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Do some of you actually sit there in your S550 and think to themselves - "wow, my little pony is breathing ever so quietly"....?

It wouid have been a spectacular feat if Ford was able to not only produce a horse heartbeat, but horse turds popping onto the ground after the car was started.... give some of you the real sense of what it's like taking care of a horse...

:crackup:

Sorry, Enthusiast of both the mechanical and live Mustangs, but I don't see the infatuation with a pulsating start button - and that's coming from someone who has it in my 2018.
SO if Ford puts something this simple and satisfying (I did sit in my car once and watch it) you are upset... but Tesla puts fart noises and a electric fireplace mode and you are all fu**ng excited like a little girl?
We need things like this, not just a car (since we have all the electronics already in the, use it)

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think so.
Frankly, I don't miss it. Not only do I have an aftermarket start button, which would make this feature useless anyway, but I'm sure I wouldn't even notice it with the stock start button. I remember noticing that I didn't have it only when I read about it on the forums and went to the car to check.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
SO if Ford puts something this simple and satisfying (I did sit in my car once and watch it) you are upset... but Tesla puts fart noises and a electric fireplace mode and you are all fu**ng excited like a little girl?
We need things like this, not just a car (since we have all the electronics already in the, use it)
?? Don't know why you're getting all flippant ... maybe it was early and you needed another cup of coffee...

I didn't know Tesla added fart sounds to their vehicles, I don't follow or own anything Tesla, nor do I care for the smug quadrillionaire - so thanks for pointing out that tid bit of info...

As for the pulsating start button in the S550, my sentiments was that whether it pulsates or not - who really cares if Ford didn't carry it over into other MYs - it's a physical object made of steel, plastic and rubber... not of flesh, organs, and bones.

How about this - maybe Ford should have made it so when the start button stops "beating" - the car is dead like a horse - it can't ever be resuscitated even with a new battery... :devil:

Geez.... got some tight panties around here...

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
?? Don't know why you're getting all flippant ... maybe it was early and you needed another cup of coffee...

I didn't know Tesla added fart sounds to their vehicles, I don't follow or own anything Tesla, nor do I care for the smug pot smoking quadrillionaire - so thanks for pointing out that tid bit of info...

As for the pulsating start button in the S550, my sentiments was that whether it pulsates or not - who really cares if Ford didn't carry it over into other MYs - it's a physical object made of steel, plastic and rubber... not of flesh, organs, and bones.

How about this - maybe Ford should have made it so when the start button stops "beating" - the car is dead like a horse - it can't ever be resuscitated even with a new battery... :devil:

Geez.... got some tight panties around here...

"I didn't know Tesla added fart sounds to their vehicles, I don't follow or own anything Tesla, nor do I care for the smug pot smoking quadrillionaire - so thanks for pointing out that tid bit of info..." - nobody mentioned that... Did you take your meds this morning?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Everyone relax, good lord...just asking questions here, no reason to argue....damn, man.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Fmods.net had video editing software for startups. So you can create your own startup movie of a breathing and pooping horse. I haven't gotten around it but its def on my list! :like:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Thanks for the idea! :like:
Ani files go here:
/fs/mp/usr/share/anim/6

Sponsored

Last edited: