2018 PP vs non-PP

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Can anyone else confirm this? I was going to get an A10 with PP1 and MR because I was under the impression as a daily driver this would be the nicest ride.

This seems to suggest a non pp1/mr would be even nicer as a daily.
I can confirm. However, PP1 is required for MR.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I can confirm. However, PP1 is required for MR.
What are you confirming? That MR is better or non MR is better as far as comfort on crappy roads?

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible

Sponsored

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
And MR is better on crappy roads.
Depends. Some don't have the issue and some do with tracking all over the road. My non MR is a much better ride on crappy roads as I don't have the issue with pulling all over the road. Ford can not fix this through alignment. I had to purchase caster camber plates to fix my issue. Fords answer is the car is within alignment specs.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends. Some don't have the issue and some do with tracking all over the road. My non MR is a much better ride on crappy roads as I don't have the issue with pulling all over the road. Ford can not fix this through alignment. I had to purchase caster camber plates to fix my issue. Fords answer is the car is within alignment specs.
So the pulling was not tire related?

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
So the pulling was not tire related?
Brand new car with 34 miles. No it was not tire related. The alignment shop confirmed the camber was set at Zero. Other people in this forum have had the same issue with their brand new car. The car drove like a dream on a smooth flat road. But when the road was bad, the car pulled with the road.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Brand new car with 34 miles. No it was not tire related. The alignment shop confirmed the camber was set at Zero. Other people in this forum have had the same issue with their brand new car. The car drove like a dream on a smooth flat road. But when the road was bad, the car pulled with the road.
So the pulling was not MR related?

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
So the pulling was not MR related?
I'm not blaming the MR for anything. It just my observation that my 2018 PP1 MR Mustang had this issue, and my 2019 GTCS non MR does not. Also the ride on my 2018 MR PP1 was more firm, there for it felt like a rougher ride. My 2019 rides much softer on bumper roads. Both cars drive excellent on smooth roads.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not blaming the MR for anything. It just my observation that my 2018 PP1 MR Mustang had this issue, and my 2019 GTCS non MR does not. Also the ride on my 2018 MR PP1 was more firm, there for it felt like a rougher ride. My 2019 rides much softer on bumper roads. Both cars drive excellent on smooth roads.
So statements like this are what make me question my decision to get MR. I could save a crap ton of money not having to get PP1 to get MR if I dropped both (obviously PP1 has other advantages too).

If I just wanted a nice daily that I would never take to the track most likely but wanted the best ride I felt like I needed MR...which does not jive with your statement.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So statements like this are what make me question my decision to get MR. I could save a crap ton of money not having to get PP1 to get MR if I dropped both (obviously PP1 has other advantages too).

If I just wanted a nice daily that I would never take to the track most likely but wanted the best ride I felt like I needed MR...which does not jive with your statement.
I think you just have to drive it for yourself.

Trust but verify. ;-)

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS

I have both and it just comes down to personal preference. Unless you drive both and feel / see the difference then you'll know.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you just have to drive it for yourself.

Trust but verify. ;-)
I have both and it just comes down to personal preference. Unless you drive both and feel / see the difference then you'll know.
I can understand that...however it does seem obvious now that the difference must be minimal at best. So it begs the question if anything in PP1/MR is really worth the cost on a daily driver that may never see a road course.

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
I can understand that...however it does seem obvious now that the difference must be minimal at best. So it begs the question if anything in PP1/MR is really worth the cost on a daily driver that may never see a road course.
I would think not. Especially if your never going to track the car.
Sponsored