2018 Mustang refresh?

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure if you guys are serious or joking about "only .5 seconds" and not being able to feel that difference. When you're a car and a half behind (and widening) at 60mph, you'll feel something. And it won't be joy and excitement. I'm not an aggressive driver, but I like to have some fun when I happen upon another performance car at a stop light. It's one thing toying with the occasional 370Z, but when our prime competition is not really a competition it might be time for a change. (Hell my cousins Q50 Red Sport stays right with me to 100.)

Personally, I think it would be easy for them to to close the gap with a little bump in power and the new 10speed. If that doesn't happen I would be disappointed, because I really like my car, but that wouldn't stop me from cross shopping a Camaro.

Both are great cars but the options you have to select to make it outperform a PP GT put it at right around $50k, and at that price id rather buy the GT and enough mods to level the playing field.
What options are you talking about? The 1SS hands the GTPP its ass for under $40k. The other options aren't necessary. I'd sooner spend money on a faster stock car than a cheaper car that needed (possible warranty voiding) modifications to make it equally fast.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If this is true I'll definitely be rethinking the GT350 purchase.
I wouldn't. The Voodoo is worth it, as are the brakes, better IRS bushings, wheels/tires. The power increase won't be huge (<30 hp), certainly not enough to make the GT350 threatened.

I guess if straight-line is your thing, then maybe. But really, if that was your thing, the GT350 isn't really for you anyway.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Here is my 15 with headers and a tune vs a stock 16 camaro. We are both on the same exact tire.

[ame]

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Not to mention doesn't the Camaro only pull off the half second advantage when its equipped with a dual clutch box and a whole bunch of other options that make it about $50k? I can live with a .5 difference, our cars will still dust 95% of whats out there on the streets today, and are much more liveable.
I am not really sure where the .5 second comparison is, but I would imagine it is auto v auto. There is no dual clutch on the Camaro, but they do claim the new A10(not avail on the SS) is faster than a dual clutch. I think that's what you mean, but as of yet it is only available on the ZL1. The auto is available on the 1SS, which I think starts like $36K ish, Im not sure.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Not sure if you guys are serious or joking about "only .5 seconds" and not being able to feel that difference. When you're a car and a half behind (and widening) at 60mph, you'll feel something. And it won't be joy and excitement. I'm not an aggressive driver, but I like to have some fun when I happen upon another performance car at a stop light. It's one thing toying with the occasional 370Z, but when our prime competition is not really a competition it might be time for a change. (Hell my cousins Q50 Red Sport stays right with me to 100.)

Personally, I think it would be easy for them to to close the gap with a little bump in power and the new 10speed. If that doesn't happen I would be disappointed, because I really like my car, but that wouldn't stop me from cross shopping a Camaro.

What options are you talking about? The 1SS hands the GTPP its ass for under $40k. The other options aren't necessary. I'd sooner spend money on a faster stock car than a cheaper car that needed (possible warranty voiding) modifications to make it equally fast.
Well that's where I don't care. I don't street race people nor do I take my car down the the drag strip. I got my car as a leisure car and I typically do backroad runs and mountain cruises. Trying to be the fastest guy cost too much money, been there done that. I cross shopped both cars and drove both, the Mustang was just a better all around car IMO. It's cheaper to buy, own, mod, better aftermarket and personally looked better inside and out IMO. However those things are subjective. I have no brand loyalty. My money always goes to the best bang for your buck in whatever segment I am shopping. The new Camaro is a nice car but I feel like it was only built for the Chevrolet loyalists.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Well that's where I don't care. I don't street race people nor do I take my car down the the drag strip. I got my car as a leisure car and I typically do backroad runs and mountain cruises. Trying to be the fastest guy cost too much money, been there done that. I cross shopped both cars and drove both, the Mustang was just a better all around car IMO. It's cheaper to buy, own, mod, better aftermarket and personally looked better inside and out IMO. However those things are subjective. I have no brand loyalty. My money always goes to the best bang for your buck in whatever segment I am shopping. The new Camaro is a nice car but I feel like it was only built for the Chevrolet loyalists.
I could not agree with you more. I too buy what I feel is the best car on offer, and have no brand loyalty. Last Gen, for me it was the 1LE and this Gen it is surely the GT. Beautiful, fast enough, great sounding and performing V8, amazing value. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure if you guys are serious or joking about "only .5 seconds" and not being able to feel that difference.
Gaining 0.5 seconds on 0-60 is as cheap and easy as a change of tire if it's really that important to you.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I am not really sure where the .5 second comparison is, but I would imagine it is auto v auto. There is no dual clutch on the Camaro, but they do claim the new A10(not avail on the SS) is faster than a dual clutch. I think that's what you mean, but as of yet it is only available on the ZL1. The auto is available on the 1SS, which I think starts like $36K ish, Im not sure.
gallery-1450379266-roa020116-ereader-144-59.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is where the comparison is coming from that shows a .7 difference. My bad on the dual clutch, I was thinking of the A10 you mentioned.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Like I mentioned in my post, I was referring to outperforming the total package, so maybe a poor choice of words. I get where you're coming from, but there's more to a car than just 0-60 numbers and track times. Sure I could get a base 1ss that would take out my GTPP, but that base Camaro would be 37,900 with literally no options against my car which is marginally slower, but has a shitload more options and everyday conveniences. Having said that we're all individuals here, and we all have different needs when we buy a car, if you want a stoplight racer for bragging rights then by all means knock yourself out.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Like I mentioned in my post, I was referring to outperforming the total package, so maybe a poor choice of words. I get where you're coming from, but there's more to a car than just 0-60 numbers and track times. Sure I could get a base 1ss that would take out my GTPP, but that base Camaro would be 37,900 with literally no options against my car which is marginally slower, but has a shitload more options and everyday conveniences. Having said that we're all individuals here, and we all have different needs when we buy a car, if you want a stoplight racer for bragging rights then by all means knock yourself out.

This. I too drove the 2016 2SS before I got my GT PP. I'll be honest, I really enjoyed driving the Chevy, the car was a bunch of fun. But, the trunk opening was a joke, the rear seat was tiny, the 2SS blind spot monitoring package is pretty much a requirement, since you could park the titanic in the things blind spot, and with similar interior equipment to my Mustang, cost 7k more (I had dealers from both Chevy and Ford issue multiple quotes).

I bought this car to be my new daily, which means (at least for me) that I have to get two kids in the back, in car seats, be able to pickup groceries, maneuver through heavy DC area traffic, etc. As much as I enjoyed driving the Camaro, it just didn't fit the bill as a dd. The kids wouldn't have fit, you can't see out of it, and it costs more. I have nothing against the new SS, I liked the car, but it just didn't fit my needs for a daily driver as well as the Mustang did. If I have to sacrifice a little bit in performance for that, so be it.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
:threadjacked:

lemers