Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I just want the damn car to not look so european upfront. I have grown to like the front end, but the first thing I thought when I saw the s550 was "They took all that mean muscle and put it on the ass of the car... at least everyone I pass will have something nice to look at I guess."
Ive always liked the front end of these cars since i first saw one irl. They look really aggressive, whenever another s550 is driving behind me and i see it in my rear view mirror, especially if they have tinted headlights, it does look really muscular because the front end is pretty wide. But i really dont think well get a more muscular front end than the s197s.
Sponsored

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Let's say we get some spy shots on the 2018, and for those of who like the current look of the s550s, waiting to see what the refresh looks like, what would be the absolute last month we'd still be able to order the 2017s?

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
Truthfully the hood is the only part I don't like of the s550. Fix that and make drivetrain improvements and your good to go

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Truthfully the hood is the only part I don't like of the s550. Fix that and make drivetrain improvements and your good to go
So it was confirmed, depending how you want to take the previous posts, that the A10 is coming. There was NO mention of a new manual transmission, which is what I have been waiting for.

You think they will replace the MT-82?

Does the MGW shifter really fix the issues with the MT-82? I know that Tremecs are notchy, mine was in the 1LE, but they are a great transmission.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Agreed. The GT350 has a much better hood design with no buldge...that huge bulge on the GT is just in the way...no real point for it.

Sitting both cars, it's amazing how much more visibility you have in the GT350 over the hood vs the GT.

Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
You think they will replace the MT-82?

Does the MGW shifter really fix the issues with the MT-82? I know that Tremecs are notchy, mine was in the 1LE, but they are a great transmission.
Doubt they will replace it for the regular cars. Though I wonder if they come out with a Mach 1 trim, if that won't crib from the GT350 parts bin and use the Tremec. It'd be nice to see a Mach 1 as a sort of midway point between GT and GT350, with a bit from both.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Agreed. The GT350 has a much better hood design with no buldge...that huge bulge on the GT is just in the way...no real point for it.

Sitting both cars, it's amazing how much more visibility you have in the GT350 over the hood vs the GT.
I think the additional visibility of the GT350 is also because they dropped the nose a couple inches more on the Shelby compared to a regular GT.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Cyoda44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium Vert

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
I think it's a little bit different when a print publication puts something out, as opposed to reading it on the internet. The publication's reputation is on the line. It lends credence to the rumours.

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
Interesting that for MY 2017 they are saying a new fascia. That implies a mid year model switch over. Seeing as you can already order a 2017, when are we going to see a real spyshot or photograph of the new fascia?