Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly this is kind of what I'm expecting. One of the rumors is active quad exhaust, which could mean Shelby style rear valance, and I could see how a milder take on the Shelby front bumper could be a safe but attractive front bumper refresh.
I fear that in an attempt to make it look like a Shelby, Ford puts the Shelby front Fascia on it and throws fake side vents behind the front wheels. But to keep it looking different, they leave the current heat extractors on the GT hood.

I like having the trims look different. not all the same.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
lol I know you would hate it but us regular GT guys would LOVE it. At least I would. Save me 20-30k.
I still have the 5.2 under the hood, but yeah, I do like the exclusive look.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I fear that in an attempt to make it look like a Shelby, Ford puts the Shelby front Fascia on it and throws fake side vents behind the front wheels. But to keep it looking different, they leave the current heat extractors on the GT hood.

I like having the trims look different. not all the same.
Nah, it wouldn't be that much of a ripoff, just inspired by the Shelby. If you look at a 2012 Shelby and the 2013 Mustang GT they only share very similar headlights. Otherwise, bumper is completely different, as are the tail lights and rear bumper, it just took a few cues from the Shelby. That's what I'm expecting for the 2018s. It still won't look nearly as aggressive as the actual Shelby.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, it wouldn't be that much of a ripoff, just inspired by the Shelby. If you look at a 2012 Shelby and the 2013 Mustang GT they only share very similar headlights. Otherwise, bumper is completely different, as are the tail lights and rear bumper, it just took a few cues from the Shelby. That's what I'm expecting for the 2018s. It still won't look nearly as aggressive as the actual Shelby.
2013 Mustang
2013-Ford-Mustang-GT-front_31.jpg

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
2013 GT500
images 1.jpg

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustang took the Shelby look.

:ford: Please don't do this again with the refresh

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Right, so same headlights and grill. Lower part of front bumper is completely different, along with the hood. Inspired by the shelby but not a ripoff to me.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im just saying 2012 completely different looks, 2013 similar look. Let keep them with there own separate identity.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't think the refresh will be able to make up the .5 second difference between the GT and Camaro SS in 0-60 lol
A whole .5 seconds?!!!! The difference that can be felt by absolutely NOBODY!

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
A whole .5 seconds?!!!! The difference that can be felt by absolutely NOBODY!
Really dude? That's HUGE! We aren't talking 10 seconds down to 9.5 here.

The only people that really care though are bench racers. You should only be concerned how fast you are in your car, and not how fast someone else is in theirs. Driver mod usually wins the race when comparing cars so close in performance.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Really dude? That's HUGE! We aren't talking 10 seconds down to 9.5 here.

The only people that really care though are bench racers. You should only be concerned how fast you are in your car, and not how fast someone else is in theirs. Driver mod usually wins the race when comparing cars so close in performance.
Not to mention doesn't the Camaro only pull off the half second advantage when its equipped with a dual clutch box and a whole bunch of other options that make it about $50k? I can live with a .5 difference, our cars will still dust 95% of whats out there on the streets today, and are much more liveable.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Not to mention doesn't the Camaro only pull off the half second advantage when its equipped with a dual clutch box and a whole bunch of other options that make it about $50k? I can live with a .5 difference, our cars will still dust 95% of whats out there on the streets today, and are much more liveable.
Have you driven the new Camaro ? It gets great reviews on all the car shows I have seen about it

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Have you driven the new Camaro ? It gets great reviews on all the car shows I have seen about it

I have actually! Definitely not throwing shade at the Camaro as it is a really great car. Performance wise there is a decent number advantage there and I almost considered getting one. However performance aside, dollar for dollar our cars are a far better deal. We trade off a small bit of performance for a lot more everyday usability, bigger trunk, better visibility, better interior(subjective). The Camaro felt built to do one thing and one thing only and that's beat the Mustangs performance numbers, and in the process I think they lost sight of what the entire package/experience is really about. Both are great cars but the options you have to select to make it outperform a PP GT put it at right around $50k, and at that price id rather buy the GT and enough mods to level the playing field.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have not driven one but have had several Corvettes so I know what you mean about better every day usability. I do find my Mustang to be very comfortable for every day use.
Sponsored