Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I'm quoting a few people on the inside know supposedly...they've stated that the refresh is the one to get.

Look in the end, get what the you want. For me, I'm not going to buy something unless I think it should have the CURRENT gen stuff on it for the current day/time of what the competition has.
So the refresh will be better in some capacity -- I think everybody knows that already. Otherwise, why do a refresh, if not to improve some things?

You won't buy unless it has all the stuff the Camaro has on it. Okay. So the fact that the Mustang is less expensive has no effect on your decision? And if you believe all this, why don't you own a Camaro right now?

I'm with the other guy... you sound like a tire kicker: "my theoretical car that I don't own is better than your theoretical car that isn't out yet. Neener-neener!"

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
s-l1600.jpg

This needs a redesign...same look since 2005

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So the refresh will be better in some capacity -- I think everybody knows that already. Otherwise, why do a refresh, if not to improve some things?

You won't buy unless it has all the stuff the Camaro has on it. Okay. So the fact that the Mustang is less expensive has no effect on your decision? And if you believe all this, why don't you own a Camaro right now?

I'm with the other guy... you sound like a tire kicker: "my theoretical car that I don't own is better than your theoretical car that isn't out yet. Neener-neener!"
He is a tightwad, no doubt about it. A big windbag blowing smoke on Internet forums.
When the 7G comes out he will state, the 8G is the one to get because insiders told him that's the one to get. So he is holding out for that one. Rinse and repeat.

Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm quoting a few people on the inside know supposedly...they've stated that the refresh is the one to get.

Look in the end, get what the you want. For me, I'm not going to buy something unless I think it should have the CURRENT gen stuff on it for the current day/time of what the competition has.
In 2008, I remember waiting in anticipation for the 2010 mustang, which was THE mustang to get.

Then they released it and everyone realized it didn't have the coyote and the 2011 became THE mustang to get.

By the time the coyote's were on sale, the 2012 refresh was revealed and everyone agreed that it was worth waiting for. It was THE mustang to get.

By the time the 2011's were on the road, spyshots of the BOSS 302 were out and everyone agreed it was worth waiting for. It was THE Mustang to get.

By the time the BOSS 302s were on the road, the rumor mills were going crazy about this new S550 platform that would revolutionize the brand. If there was ever a mustang waiting for, this was it. It was most definitely THE mustang to get.

2 weeks ago, I finally bought THE mustang to get... the one that I could drive home.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP

By your lack of ownership, your posts, and everything in total, I would expect you to drive/look at an 18 and then hear about what the 21 will be and never buy. If you're so worried about whats coming then you'll never have whats "now". You'll end up never owning anything. You sure as shit can't buy an 18 and own it in 16. So while I like to be on the bleeding edge of progress, I'm also not going to live forever so fuck waiting. Buy what you like. But good luck with waiting.

Buy what you like and move on people. No ones guaranteed to be living by the time the refresh hits the lots.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
In 2008, I remember waiting in anticipation for the 2010 mustang, which was THE mustang to get.

Then they released it and everyone realized it didn't have the coyote and the 2011 became THE mustang to get.

By the time the coyote's were on sale, the 2012 refresh was revealed and everyone agreed that it was worth waiting for. It was THE mustang to get.

By the time the 2011's were on the road, spyshots of the BOSS 302 were out and everyone agreed it was worth waiting for. It was THE Mustang to get.

By the time the BOSS 302s were on the road, the rumor mills were going crazy about this new S550 platform that would revolutionize the brand. If there was ever a mustang waiting for, this was it. It was most definitely THE mustang to get.

2 weeks ago, I finally bought THE mustang to get... the one that I could drive home.
That's especially compounded when you work in the industry and have some knowledge of what might be coming down the road. Except now, its 4 years out, not 1 or 2. Its easy to sucked into a perpetual state "something better is coming...". Sooner or later, as you said, you have to "settle" for the one you can get...

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

The computer geek in me is having painful dejavu. It's the same shit with computer hardware. Don't get this chip, the next one will have 6 cores. Don't buy this card, the next one will overclock better and have more VRAM. In a perpetual holding pattern waiting for the next best thing instead of buying something awesome now and enjoying it now.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Yep. There's always something better on the horizon. No matter when you buy in, there will come that moment when the next thing is revealed and you'll get that inevitable twinge of disappointment.

Perhaps the only escape from this is to buy a classic that's already obsolete many times over...but it's something you already know you'll love regardless of what comes next.

Hmm..maybe it's time to go hunting for that '65-'70 fastback.

Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Yep. There's always something better on the horizon. No matter when you buy in, there will come that moment when the next thing is revealed and you'll get that inevitable twinge of disappointment.

Perhaps the only escape from this is to buy a classic that's already obsolete many times over...but it's something you already know you'll love regardless of what comes next.

Hmm..maybe it's time to go hunting for that '65-'70 fastback.
The answer is to not give a sh*t. So tomorrow let's say the MY18 Mustang is revealed, and it puts out 475hp, and has a lot of standard goodies the older cars don't have.

Did that slow down your '15? Did it make your '15 handle worse? Did the door ding gnomes come out of the woodwork and dent up your '15 because, God forbid, something faster came out?

It's all in your head. This is how folks get caught up in the rat race, my friend, and the dealerships and salesweasels love this sh*t, 'cause the commissions go through the roof.

Yeah, we're all human, so that touch of envy comes sometimes. You lose an impromptu roll race that you shouldn't even be doing... and you're like "f*ck, that car is faster than my car." But does that really mean anything? So there's one more car out on the road that's faster than yours. You were never the fastest anyway. What difference does it make?

To quote the movie Quigley Down Under: "This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok."

Buy something, drive it, and enjoy it. Best advice I can offer.

Last edited:

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
that pretty much sums it up. I love my GT, the only car i would want even more is a 69 fastback, wich im sure as hell gonna get sooner or later ;)

The answer is to not give a sh*t. So tomorrow let's say the MY18 Mustang is revealed, and it puts out 475hp, and has a lot of standard goodies the older cars don't have.

Did that slow down your '15? Did it make your '15 handle worse? Did the door ding gnomes come out of the woodwork and dent up your '15 because, God forbid, something faster came out?

It's all in your head. This is how folks get caught up in the rat race, my friend, and the dealerships and salesweasels love this sh*t, 'cause the commissions go through the roof.

Yeah, we're all human, so that touch of envy comes sometimes. You lose an impromptu roll race that you shouldn't even be doing... and you're like "f*ck, that car is faster than my car." But does that really mean anything? So there's one more car out on the road that's faster than yours. You were never the fastest anyway. What difference does it make?

To quote the movie Quigley Down Under: "This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Wyatt Earp."

Buy something, drive it, and enjoy it. Best advice I can offer.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oi, leave Spartan alone, he only wants the best for Mustang :p

Truth be told, a few months after the '18MY is released, I'll be demanding to know where the '21MY spyshots are :lol:

Of course, there's always the next best thing. The current S550 is an amazing car and I'm sure Ford will ensure it only gets better ;)

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Why would you want a push rod carbureted motor in your new Mustang?
No, just saying since the current S550 has 302 cuin, maybe Ford will introduce a updated 427 which would eliminate the need to add turbo to attain the HP numbers of the competition.

I am not sure how much the current 302 platform has left
Sponsored