Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
[MENTION=8588]Clink[/MENTION] And I quote...

"Ford is expected to offer a Mustang Mach 1 soon" :D
I'm here with my check book waiting if it ticks off everything I want :thumbsup: :ford: I know I've said it before but I will forever regret trading in my paid off '03 Mach 1. :tsk:
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm here with my check book waiting if it ticks off everything I want :thumbsup: :ford: I know I've said it before but I will forever regret trading in my paid off '03 Mach 1. :tsk:
I would agree with that. You big dummy.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I have to agree with a few ppl on this ss vs 5.0 debate. The performance differences are negligible and are not the only aspects to view when buying a car. The SS doesn't look good to me. The exterior design is just a flop. The interior isn't bad, it has a nicer gauge cluster imo. Overall the car simply is not worth the extra $5k plus. Especially knowing the Mustang was completely redesigned from the ground up where GM should have saved money reusing bits and pieces from cars they already had. Bringing this rant back on topic. I think the 2018 5.0 will level the playing field a bit, I just hope Ford doesn't hike the price up as they have clearly been profiting well from this generation of the Mustang so far. I think they'll bump the power using either DI or retuning the car for the GT350's intake manifold, probably introduce a new automatic trans as mentioned, make some very mild exterior changes, and I'd like to see Magneride and active exhaust options as well. I've held off on doing much to my 2015 mustang in hopes that 2018 changes can be adopted to my car. Mostly hoping for a more aggressive bumper and lower hood. Interior wise, I really hope they dechrome everything and revise the outdated gauge cluster. The entire car has been finally brought into the 21st century dropping the SRA and introducing a more European design while still maintaining enough styling cues to show its a Mustang. I feel as though the gauge cluster looks dated and doesn't really fit with the rest of the car. When I look down at them, it really bothers me that the bezels are cut off looking through the steering wheel and that of all the options you have on the center screen, a digital speedo is not available. I know some of you strongly disagree with me there and will jump up and down screaming that a digital speedo isn't necessary and the circular bezels around the gauges are a throw back to the original. The fact of the matter is, its 2016, the 1965 Mustang is long gone. Every car has a digital speedo now including the Mustang's competition.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I would agree with that. You big dummy.
I can't argue with you at all man, I literally GAVE it away too because the top end needed some work...nothing that I couldn't have tinkered with over the years but that will always be the one that (I guess) got away...:tsk: :brokenheart:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I can't argue with you at all man, I literally GAVE it away too because the top end needed some work...nothing that I couldn't have tinkered with over the years but that will always be the one that (I guess) got away...:tsk: :brokenheart:
:thumbsup:

You can pick one up again in the near future so you don't have that empty feeling again. I miss my 03 Cobra, too. Mine wasn't fully paid off but I sold it at the height of the pricing market, so it was hard not to let it go as it only had 160 miles put on it the last 24 months of ownership as it just sat in the garage under a car cover. My daughter was just born and my son was 3. Not the best car to go cruising in with the wife and little ones:doh:

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
:thumbsup:

You can pick one up again in the near future so you don't have that empty feeling again. I miss my 03 Cobra, too. Mine wasn't fully paid off but I sold it at the height of the pricing market, so it was hard not to let it go as it only had 160 miles put on it the last 24 months of ownership as it just sat in the garage under a car cover. My daughter was just born and my son was 3. Not the best car to go cruising in with the wife and little ones:doh:
I hope to find one again some day or fill that void with a new one if it comes out. Good call on moving the Cobra when you did, I love black cars when you keep them clean and the pics of yours I've seen it was nice AF. I'm having too much fun in my '15 to think of buying anything else, this crappy Focus SE I'm leasing is so boring but I need it to drag this lil girl around until I can get something bigger.
Capture Kona.JPG

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting that for MY 2017 they are saying a new fascia. That implies a mid year model switch over. Seeing as you can already order a 2017, when are we going to see a real spyshot or photograph of the new fascia?
I'm thinking they've got their Model Year and Calendar Year mixed up. As the '17MY is already on the streets, the facelift model will be an 18MY in 2017 :)

As for when we'll see a spyshot? Your guess is as good as mine. Ford are really keeping this one under wraps (if you'll pardon the pun!) :D

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I'm thinking they've got their Model Year and Calendar Year mixed up. As the '17MY is already on the streets, the facelift model will be an 18MY in 2017 :)

As for when we'll see a spyshot? Your guess is as good as mine. Ford are really keeping this one under wraps (if you'll pardon the pun!) :D
I wonder if any power bumps will be made on the engines.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
IMO they will bump the h/p numbers because of what Chevy is doing with their current Camaro.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have to agree with a few ppl on this ss vs 5.0 debate. The performance differences are negligible and are not the only aspects to view when buying a car. The SS doesn't look good to me. The exterior design is just a flop. The interior isn't bad, it has a nicer gauge cluster imo. Overall the car simply is not worth the extra $5k plus. Especially knowing the Mustang was completely redesigned from the ground up where GM should have saved money reusing bits and pieces from cars they already had. Bringing this rant back on topic. I think the 2018 5.0 will level the playing field a bit, I just hope Ford doesn't hike the price up as they have clearly been profiting well from this generation of the Mustang so far. I think they'll bump the power using either DI or retuning the car for the GT350's intake manifold, probably introduce a new automatic trans as mentioned, make some very mild exterior changes, and I'd like to see Magneride and active exhaust options as well. I've held off on doing much to my 2015 mustang in hopes that 2018 changes can be adopted to my car. Mostly hoping for a more aggressive bumper and lower hood. Interior wise, I really hope they dechrome everything and revise the outdated gauge cluster. The entire car has been finally brought into the 21st century dropping the SRA and introducing a more European design while still maintaining enough styling cues to show its a Mustang. I feel as though the gauge cluster looks dated and doesn't really fit with the rest of the car. When I look down at them, it really bothers me that the bezels are cut off looking through the steering wheel and that of all the options you have on the center screen, a digital speedo is not available. I know some of you strongly disagree with me there and will jump up and down screaming that a digital speedo isn't necessary and the circular bezels around the gauges are a throw back to the original. The fact of the matter is, its 2016, the 1965 Mustang is long gone. Every car has a digital speedo now including the Mustang's competition.
I would agree with you, I test drove a '16 1SS and liked the power. Hated the interior. I also drove a 2009 Z06, which was an all around amazing car. I was looking for a daily driver at the time of purchase and also a birthday present to myself. I honestly didnt feel like I could live with driving either of those cars daily. So I went with the Mustang. Now I do kick myself in the ass everyday for not going with the PP package, but tbh I wasn't hugely knowledgeable with the difference, and the dealership didn't really go over it. I really thought it only had the brembos and tighter suspension. If I could do it over again, I would gladly spend the extra on the PP.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Ford builds trucks. It is a truck company. The F-series line is the company cash cow - Ford's bread and butter.
I think it's safe to say that in order to ensure its continued dominance of the pickup market, a very significant majority of Ford corporate profits are reinvested back into F-series product research and development.

2017 is a big product year for Ford. It will bring us brand new, vastly improved Super Duty pickups and another badass Raptor.

Let's not forget the new Ford GT supercar, and significant revisions of the Escape and Fusion.

For most people, the Mustang is a an impractical, 2 door vehicle with limited utility that really only seats 2 people comfortably. For enthusiasts like us, the Mustang is truly part of who we are. It's more than just transportation. We get it. We are the lucky ones.

Anyway, after all of the new product releases mentioned above, I just wonder how much $$ resources was available for updates to the 2018 Mustang. I suspect that styling and mechanical revisions may be fairly minimal. This thread and others offer many opinions and ideas as to what these updates may be. The Mustang significantly outsells the competition now, as is.

We all have our wish lists.
The 10 speed automatic seems like a sure thing though.

I do not anticipate a Bullitt edition for 2018.
2018 GT 500? Tough...who the hell knows!!
It has to happen at some point, but perhaps not until S650 released.
2019 for 50th anniversary Mach 1.
GT 350 to be produced for remainder of S550 production run.

My 2 cents.

Somewhere, the truth is out there.

Last edited:

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
When I look down at them, it really bothers me that the bezels are cut off looking through the steering wheel and that of all the options you have on the center screen, a digital speedo is not available. I know some of you strongly disagree with me there and will jump up and down screaming that a digital speedo isn't necessary and the circular bezels around the gauges are a throw back to the original.
I don't mind either. The gauge bezels are a nice touch, IMHO, and the lack of a digital speedo doesn't bother me at all. That being said, the digital speedo is basically just a small software update. They are already pulling all sorts of data into the center screen, how hard is it to just plop a digital speedo option on there for the folks who want it? Seems silly that they didn't do this.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Ford builds trucks. It is a truck company. The F-series line is the company cash cow - Ford's bread and butter.
I think it's safe to say that in order to ensure its continued dominance of the pickup market, a very significant majority of Ford corporate profits are reinvested back into F-series product research and development.

2017 is a big product year for Ford. It will bring us brand new, vastly improved Super Duty pickups and another badass Raptor.

Let's not forget the new Ford GT supercar, and significant revisions of the Escape and Fusion.

For most people, the Mustang is a an impractical, 2 door vehicle with limited utility that really only seats 2 people comfortably. For enthusiasts like us, the Mustang is truly part of who we are. It's more than just transportation. We get it. We are the lucky ones.

Anyway, after all of the new product releases mentioned above, I just wonder how much $$ resources was available for updates to the 2018 Mustang. I suspect that styling and mechanical revisions may be fairly minimal. This thread and others offer many opinions and ideas as to what these updates may be. The Mustang significantly outsells the competition now, as is.

We all have our wish lists.
The 10 speed automatic seems like a sure thing though.

I do not anticipate a Bullitt edition for 2018.
2018 GT 500? Tough...who the hell knows!!
It has to happen at some point, but perhaps not until S650 released.
2019 for 50th anniversary Mach 1.
GT 350 to be produced for remainder of S550 production run.

My 2 cents.

Somewhere, the truth is out there.
A face lift should be possible as you said. The 10 speed is already there, as is the mag ride and active exhaust. All of these things and possibly DI, which I think has always been planned form the beginning, can be offered for minimal cost. They need to offer a more competitive list of options compared to the Camaro. Not because they need to capture sales obviously, just because I think the buyers want them. I know I do! :headbang:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I was highly disappointed there wasn't a digital speedo in the GT. The angle of the speed gauge is slightly off not giving you an accurate reading. I got use to having the optional digital speed in the center of the console on my WRX.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Trucks are everyone's cash cow in the US right now. If you looked at GMs sales trucks and SUVs are the only ones up. If gas ever climbs back to the $4 a gallon range the big three got some figurin to do.
Sponsored