Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
I ordered a 2018 Mustang GT premium with PP1 and 400a package in Kona Blue on April 27th. They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks before delivery. However, I got a call from my sales guy this past Friday, who is a really good guy, and he said Ford told them they weren't making any more 2018 because they had met their production requirements/numbers for the country, or however that works. I was just on here reading the last few pages to see if that's what some of you were also talking about. So mine is going to be a 2019 he said. About $150 more than the 2018 which he said his dealer will eat that cost. His only concern is what rebates are available on the 2019. I had $2,000 in rebates on the 2018. And my otd cost, Tax & Tags included, was $41,000. Oh and yes, I'm a newbie on this forum, but not to Mustangs :-)
Yup - similar thing happened to me, but I'd put my order in on March 19 and they didn't tell me they couldn't do it until 4 weeks later(!) I'm surprised your dealer was even able to take the order that late.

Unlike you, I decided to take my chances trying to find a 2018 that's close, rather than wait for a 2019. Heh - and I'm still looking. . . .

Good luck with yours!!
Chris
Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I ordered a 2018 Mustang GT premium with PP1 and 400a package in Kona Blue on April 27th. They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks before delivery. However, I got a call from my sales guy this past Friday, who is a really good guy, and he said Ford told them they weren't making any more 2018 because they had met their production requirements/numbers for the country, or however that works. I was just on here reading the last few pages to see if that's what some of you were also talking about. So mine is going to be a 2019 he said. About $150 more than the 2018 which he said his dealer will eat that cost. His only concern is what rebates are available on the 2019. I had $2,000 in rebates on the 2018. And my otd cost, Tax & Tags included, was $41,000. Oh and yes, I'm a newbie on this forum, but not to Mustangs :-)
Wow, your dealer should have known the 2018 order banks closed around mid March. Highly unlikely that on April 27 they could even substitute your car for one they already had in the system. I ordered a 2018 GT Premium on March 28th and that was too late. Lucky for me the dealer already had cars in the system for May builds and they substituted one for mine, which is currently 'in production'. Your dealer should be delivering your 2019 for the same price as they quoted you for the '18, including the rebates.

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
Yup - similar thing happened to me, but I'd put my order in on March 19 and they didn't tell me they couldn't do it until 4 weeks later(!) I'm surprised your dealer was even able to take the order that late.

Unlike you, I decided to take my chances trying to find a 2018 that's close, rather than wait for a 2019. Heh - and I'm still looking. . . .

Good luck with yours!!
Chris
Thanx Chris!

We can wait, don't mind. This is going to be the fun vehicle, not a daily driver. And the longer it takes, the more of a downpayment I'll have when it arrives. I just don't wanna get hosed on the rebates/have to pay more bc of something out of our control

Jeff

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
Wow, your dealer should have known the 2018 order banks closed around mid March. Highly unlikely that on April 27 they could even substitute your car for one they already had in the system. I ordered a 2018 GT Premium on March 28th and that was too late. Lucky for me the dealer already had cars in the system for May builds and they substituted one for mine, which is currently 'in production'. Your dealer should be delivering your 2019 for the same price as they quoted you for the '18, including the rebates.
That's what I'm hoping for. After pricing it elsewhere, it seems we got it for a really good price. They went $1000 below invoice off the bat b/c we bought a 2016 F150 for my wife the day before. So I don't think I'd be able to start at $1000 below at any other dealers price b/c of that.

Dschaefs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
The EDD has updated for my Ecoboost Premium...........5/9 & in transit:headbang:
Mine still has an EDD of 5/9, but it is still awaiting transit. It has been awaiting transit for almost 3 weeks now. Not quite sure what is going on. :frusty:

Last edited:

Sponsored

JinNTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium Fastback
Taking delivery today. Originally targeted for the 4th of May but they kept it on the train to ride out the severe storms we had.

7KEzxy7.jpg

yChvdhW.jpg

Last edited:

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Picked it up over the weekend and just got back today
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats! It looks awesome!

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
My Ecoboost Premium was delivered to the dealership today. Paper work completion & delivery to me should be next week.........:headbang:

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Good for you guys. ENJOY! I am getting close :cheers:
Lee

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well the long saga finally ended on Thursday. I found a car (acceptably) close to what I'd originally ordered about 90 minutes away, only major difference is that it's manual rather than automatic (no problem for me, but now the Missus can't drive the daily driver...). I'd also found ones that matched, and were automatic, but one was in TN and one was in MI and, after doing some more research, I decided I didn't want the hassle or uncertainty of buying and shipping a car from another dealer, sight unseen.

So I drove up to Prime Ford in Auburn, MA, saw in-"person" the car I'd seen online, took a test drive, and was sold. Only downside was that this dealer would only come down $200 from the internet price. Upside was that the internet price was already pretty amazing. So I put down a deposit (enough to cover the floormats, heh) and the Missus drove me over Friday after work to pay the balance and pick it up.

After having a nice celebratory dinner, she went on home via interstate and I started my "break-in" period following the NAV along backroads through the countryside of northeastern CT with the Shaker PRO Audio belting out Rush and other roadtrip-appropriate tunes, all while getting used to how different this shifting is compared to what's on my '04 Tacoma.

Thanks again to you all for the empathy, encouragement, and patience on my way to this point. Life is good.

Chris

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Well the long saga finally ended on Thursday. I found a car (acceptably) close to what I'd originally ordered about 90 minutes away, only major difference is that it's manual rather than automatic (no problem for me, but now the Missus can't drive the daily driver...). I'd also found ones that matched, and were automatic, but one was in TN and one was in MI and, after doing some more research, I decided I didn't want the hassle or uncertainty of buying and shipping a car from another dealer, sight unseen.

So I drove up to Prime Ford in Auburn, MA, saw in-"person" the car I'd seen online, took a test drive, and was sold. Only downside was that this dealer would only come down $200 from the internet price. Upside was that the internet price was already pretty amazing. So I put down a deposit (enough to cover the floormats, heh) and the Missus drove me over Friday after work to pay the balance and pick it up.

After having a nice celebratory dinner, she went on home via interstate and I started my "break-in" period following the NAV along backroads through the countryside of northeastern CT with the Shaker PRO Audio belting out Rush and other roadtrip-appropriate tunes, all while getting used to how different this shifting is compared to what's on my '04 Tacoma.

Thanks again to you all for the empathy, encouragement, and patience on my way to this point. Life is good.

Chris
How’s the shaker pro playing Rush? Any specific setting you used in the equalizer? I usually set higher trebble and the bass around 25% lower than the trebble. I love the sound of the high hat and simbals. Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
How’s the shaker pro playing Rush? Any specific setting you used in the equalizer? I usually set higher trebble and the bass around 25% lower than the trebble. I love the sound of the high hat and simbals. Can’t wait for mine to arrive!
I have Rush on my iPod (old school) plugged into one of the USB ports.

And so far I just maxed out the 3 EQ settings :headbang: I figure I'll dial them back/customize them later... Loving the subwoofer in the trunk. The stereo upgrade isn't something that was on my original order (neither was the 12" digital display :D ) but I'm glad I have it and really loving it!

Good luck with yours!

Chris
Sponsored