Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Ford Performance does not have the ability to search dealer inventory...
Based upon this post from another forum member, it appears that they do.

"I ended up using ford chat, super easy. Wanted recaro in lightning blue, 401a auto, pp, and active exhaust. Chat rep found 3"

I've personally never used them for a search, but it seems others have had success. It could depend on the rep you get. Some are very helpful, others seem rather clueless sometimes.
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
use the ford chat under the build and price on the website rather than ford performance chat

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Based upon this post from another forum member, it appears that they do.

"I ended up using ford chat, super easy. Wanted recaro in lightning blue, 401a auto, pp, and active exhaust. Chat rep found 3"

I've personally never used them for a search, but it seems others have had success. It could depend on the rep you get. Some are very helpful, others seem rather clueless sometimes.
Like Matco said, Ford Chat on build & price has the ability to search inventory. Ford Performance does not

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Thanks very much guys - really appreciate all the help and guidance.

This morning, I pulled the plug on the dealer I've been working with since March (and that I originally ordered a car from, that they told me they couldn't deliver - after 4 weeks) and got my deposit back. Time to do a tactical retreat, regroup, and start over.

This decision was due in no small part to encouragement from many of you to not give up on what I really want and the (hopeful) likelihood that I'll be able to find something through Ford Chat as dealers continue to take delivery of 2018 models.

So, we shall see. I'm glad I made the decision I did this morning. While on the one hand I've wasted 6 weeks, on the other hand I'm actually excited again about shopping and getting something I can be happy writing a monthly check for.

Thanks again to all of you - really appreciate your help, guidance, patience, commiseration and encouragement!

Chris

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

This morning, I pulled the plug on the dealer I've been working with since March (and that I originally ordered a car from, that they told me they couldn't deliver - after 4 weeks) and got my deposit back. Time to do a tactical retreat, regroup, and start over.

This decision was due in no small part to encouragement from many of you to not give up on what I really want and the (hopeful) likelihood that I'll be able to find something through Ford Chat as dealers continue to take delivery of 2018 models.

So, we shall see. I'm glad I made the decision I did this morning. While on the one hand I've wasted 6 weeks, on the other hand I'm actually excited again about shopping and getting something I can be happy writing a monthly check for.

Thanks again to all of you - really appreciate your help, guidance, patience, commiseration and encouragement!

Chris
Best of luck!

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ordered my LB/Black Accent GT 6 speed on 2/3. It arrived at the dealer 5 days ahead of schedule and I took delivery yesterday.

Among other things I asked the dealer just to hose it down and let it air dry. I drove it home in the rain with the protective coverings still on the dash and seats. I spent all day today cleaning and detailing. Lightning Blue is intense in the sun.

Tonite it goes for it's first real drive....dying to hear the active exhaust.
Did it look decent with just a hose down and air dry? I'm tempted to ask my dealer to do the same.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto

Chris, That's really too bad. I hope you will be able to find exactly what you want. Ford will be building a lot of cars in the next month and a half. Call around and see what is available. Good Luck.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

Chris
Wise decision Chris, you'll be much happier driving the car you really want. Hopefully you'll find one soon.

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Speed
That feeling when you get a COTUS update that the 2018 you ordered has arrived, but you know you have to wait a few more months for the 2019 because the dealership messed up the order.....

I could have probably overlooked color or a minor feature, but not when its ordered as an automatic instead of manual and can't be changed due to balance out.

Oh well, the wait continues.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
That feeling when you get a COTUS update that the 2018 you ordered has arrived, but you know you have to wait a few more months for the 2019 because the dealership messed up the order.....

I could have probably overlooked color or a minor feature, but not when its ordered as an automatic instead of manual and can't be changed due to balance out.

:eyebulge::eyebulge: that's terrible, did they not go over your order before they submitted it?

Sponsored

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The day I read about the balance out I called because my order wasn't in COTUS yet and i was worried. They informed me the order # had changed, and when I looked it up it was wrong. Based on the change in order # and the fact the new order showed a date a few months before I actually ordered, it appears they took an existing stock order and modified it to fit my order. But sadly who ever did it left it as an automatic, and forgot the upgraded navigation package to boot. And at that point due to the balance out it was too late to get it changed to a manual.

Fortunately they agreed to cover the $1500 rebate, but unfortunately the rebate has gone up since then and loan rates have gone up nationally a little bit. Hopefully when the 2019 shows I can get some Ford cash to help cover the difference.

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony

Holy cow! And I thought I had a bad experience. That really really sux. :mad::brokenheart:

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy cow! And I thought I had a bad experience. That really really sux. :mad::brokenheart:
Idk, having read your story you probably had it worse. Dealership has been pretty good about the situation, just not ideal.

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
I ordered a 2018 Mustang GT premium with PP1 and 400a package in Kona Blue on April 27th. They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks before delivery. However, I got a call from my sales guy this past Friday, who is a really good guy, and he said Ford told them they weren't making any more 2018 because they had met their production requirements/numbers for the country, or however that works. I was just on here reading the last few pages to see if that's what some of you were also talking about. So mine is going to be a 2019 he said. About $150 more than the 2018 which he said his dealer will eat that cost. His only concern is what rebates are available on the 2019. I had $2,000 in rebates on the 2018. And my otd cost, Tax & Tags included, was $41,000. Oh and yes, I'm a newbie on this forum, but not to Mustangs :-)
Sponsored