Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Be careful, a lot of those who snuck in stock orders in 2014 had their cars built and they sat for 2 months in QC. In some cases shipping after retail cars built well after them.

Also,

Precisely...my 2015 was built on September 6, got it on November 4. Had to watch a lot of people start driving them while I hurried up and waited :-)

This is what someone told me on 2018 Mustang Production Starts 10/2 (Update: Scheduling Starts 8/24/17)
Hmm, didn't know that, always thought stock orders will be on the lot first :shrug:

Well, I'll call them anyways, but this time I'll just ask what type of order it is. And they still haven't sent me my DORA yet (the guy just said it was sent to his GM and he couldn't access them for some reason the day I asked for it), need to get that too, if they won't give it to me I'd rather just go with someone else, don't really care about the $1k deposit that much.
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, update on my order status:
Just called the dealership, and my salesman told me that my car is one of their allocations (pretty sure that means stock order). Also he told me they don't send out DORAs to customers, which is a big bummer for me. But he also said there's no material hold on the my order (the other order in their system has a material hold), so everything should be fine.

And btw, anyone know what is actually a "material hold"? Like is it because some parts are not ready, or something like the "late availability" in order guide? Thanks!

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
+1 if you have another vehicle to use you'd probably get more on a private sale but have to deal with tire kickers, dreamers, joy riders and people who like to play games and waste time. Craig's list is full of them.
It also depends on what you are trading in though. The dealer wanted my 2015 EcoBoost Premium so bad because I only have 17800 miles on it. The literally brought the price down to invoice on the 2018 GT. So instead of giving me a ton for the car it worked out the other way around. Plus $1k upgrade cash.

Last edited:

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
So, update on my order status:
Just called the dealership, and my salesman told me that my car is one of their allocations (pretty sure that means stock order). Also he told me they don't send out DORAs to customers, which is a big bummer for me. But he also said there's no material hold on the my order (the other order in their system has a material hold), so everything should be fine.

And btw, anyone know what is actually a "material hold"? Like is it because some parts are not ready, or something like the "late availability" in order guide? Thanks!

Spoke to the SM at my dealer today too. Same response, no DORA as of yet. He didn't even mention the rescheduling thing. I was the first order for my dears 9 locations so will have to wait and see what happens.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke to the SM at my dealer today too. Same response, no DORA as of yet. He didn't even mention the rescheduling thing. I was the first order for my dears 9 locations so will have to wait and see what happens.
I was the dealers first order as well. Let's see what happens. Luckily, the new car manager knows what he's doing. Which I like. He was the one who actually spent time putting the order in the system.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully our orders will be fine, fingers crossed.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully our orders will be fine, fingers crossed.
I didn't receive a DORA either. I just got the paper they printed with the order on it. Hopefully, it'll be fine and next week I'll see that my order is scheduled. And hopefully your orders will be fine as well :)

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Dealer said 6 weeks. As far as the cost goes everyone and every place they live will have a somewhat different price. I just like to keep things close to the vest and avoid back and forth comments. Thanks.

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just put in my order today. Got what my sig says. Speaking of which I gotta change that. What's funny is right when I was gonna write the check for the deposit my friend says he knows a guy at another dealer that might be able to beat the price. After talking to his friends sales manager even he said I got a great price and didn't want to bother to try to beat it lol. After seeing the paper work I actually got about $1300 below invoice which is almost exactly the 3% holdback.

I gotta say I'll probably start getting excited once I get a vin and a build date. Also my car is a retail order, priority code 10. Like everyone else asking when do I actually get a DORA?
Woohoo! mine is a retail order priority code 10! I ordered on the 9th and have yet to receive my DORA. But the new car manager said he'd call me when he hears anything. So hopefully, I'll hear something when I go to Ohio next month (around the 12th) if not before :)

WAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
On 8/17/17, I ordered a 2018 GT Mustang Premium Fastback, 10-Speed Automatic Transmission, 401a Equipment Group, Enhanced Security Package, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, 20" Premium-Painted Aluminum Wheels, Shaker Pro Audio System with HD Radio, Magnetic Metallic, Ebony Seats with Metal Gray Stitch.

DORA was processed on 8/17/17. Dealer mailed me a copy which I received on 8/23/17.

The wait begins................

Sponsored

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
Last night I signed the paperwork at the dealership committing to buying a 2018 Mustang GT! I've been waiting for this type of car for a long time, and I began my search for a Mustang back in April of 2016, so its been a long time coming!

No word on DORA yet, but they will keep me in the loop, and as has been mentioned before, the long wait begins! Though for me its the light at the end of the tunnel given how long I've been waiting for this.

Ordered 2018 Mustang GT, in LB, PP, most of the options.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Ok so I've worked a few dealers against each other and I think I hit the rock bottom price of $44,400 OTD - ant rebatesfor me which is about $40,200 plus 9.5% sales tax and nearly 1% registration fees. My build has an MSRP of $43,685. X plan price of $41,500. $3500 off of a new car that isn't even put yet, I'll take it. God damn CA sales tax.
Must be a county thing. Our sales tax here in the valley is 7.85%.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Ordered 2018 Ecoboost Premium
Lightining blue,
Midnight blue interior,
manual,
201a,
Safe and smart,
Shaker pro audio.

I had a lot of problems with my '15 EB. Complained to ford corporate, got recommended to go to this ford/lincoln dealer. They too missed a repair, and I had to take my car back and it was in his shop while corporate people kept calling me if my car was fixed correctly. He was very apologetic.

My lease is up Dec 18th, I wanted to see if there were lease deals on '17 GT prem +401a, but:

1. Couldn't find one without pp,
2. No good deals or rebates.

The owner recommended that I order an '18, when order arrives, if there are introductory programs and I want the car, great. If not, he said maybe there will be even better programs for EB and maybe a program for GT (apparently the $2500 rebate on GT is only for finance, not lease). He also didn't take any deposit. I signed the order form last saturday.

Really liked the 17 GT PP that the owner let me and my wife test drive (told us to come back... whenever... as he gave me the key), but even a lease was coming up around $600...

Anyway, reading all these I am now thinking that the car will most likely not get delivered until after Dec 18th...

My wife thinks that we should just try to use x-plan on the '18 as this is the first car that we actually ordered to spec and not have to settle with lot car's options.

Keeping my fingers crossed as even though production started later, the body/chasis is same as well as 99.2% of the interior, and hopefully this makes production faster than a production of a completely new model.
Sponsored