Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The car is still at the dealer. I checked it out Friday and besides the scuffs on the clear coat where the regular splitter was pushed up against the paint the car is almost perfect. The trunk is possibly off by a MM or 2 but I saw a video on how to make it flush.

After looking [MENTION=11611]Nanashii[/MENTION] unmatching paint I don't know if I want a repainted bumper but my car is white so it should be easier to match. We'll see Thursday.
These shipping hold ups and issues blow my mind. You ordered your car way before me and mine showed up 5 days early. I hope they get it to you soon!
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dealer just called. The correct PP2 splitter and replacement wheels came in and were installed. Going in tomorrow morning to wrap everything up and pick up the car.

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Thanks Wanted33 - sounds *kinda* like what I just heard from my dealer when I asked him for a status this morning:

"Hello Chris, Just followed up with my Ford Rep. He has just told us that the 2018 models are balanced out and the mustang will be 2019 model."

Yes, I blew up a bit. He tells me this NOW and only after I ASK for an update? Of course he went radio silent when I asked when the NEW expected date of delivery would be.

I'm discovering very quickly that my best source of information is this Forum. It's certainly not my full-of-BS dealer.

This has really soured the deal for me - I can probably expect the cost to be much higher for the options I want (not PP), there won't be as many incentives, and of course the wait will be . . . . . well, who knows how long.

I'd have already cancelled, but loathe the idea of starting all over (I had an OTD deal). What would you guys do?

Chris
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Lightning Blue, Enhanced Security, Safe & Smart Pkg, Pony Pkg
Ordered: 3/19/18
Bait & Switch: 4/17/18
VIN: none
In Production: who knows?
Window Sticker: N/A
Awaiting Shipment: yes
In Transit: no
EDD: who knows?? "Never" if I cancel. :(

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Thanks Wanted33 - sounds *kinda* like what I just heard from my dealer when I asked him for a status this morning:

"Hello Chris, Just followed up with my Ford Rep. He has just told us that the 2018 models are balanced out and the mustang will be 2019 model."

Yes, I blew up a bit. He tells me this NOW and only after I ASK for an update? Of course he went radio silent when I asked when the NEW expected date of delivery would be.

I'm discovering very quickly that my best source of information is this Forum. It's certainly not my full-of-BS dealer.

This has really soured the deal for me - I can probably expect the cost to be much higher for the options I want (not PP), there won't be as many incentives, and of course the wait will be . . . . . well, who knows how long.

I'd have already cancelled, but loathe the idea of starting all over (I had an OTD deal). What would you guys do?
Any cars out there spec'd out the way you want still out there? Use the build and price on ford.com then use their chat and they can help you locate a car spec'd out the way you wanted. Then once its found, if there's one out there, go back to your dealer and have them GET you the car YOU wanted.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase

If you already had a deal, they should do their best to honor it. Some of the things I've read regarding incentives are that you get the best incentive between order & delivery, but I've also been told that you get what is valid at delivery. Even if it's "best of" that may not apply in your case since the incentives only apply to a specific model year. :-/

Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I am attaching a couple of pictures which show the issue with the paint. I know the bumper paint will never perfectly match the panels due to the underlying material difference, but this was such a horrible job, I probably would have been able to do it better myself. Ended up getting it repainted through the body shop I normally use several months later and it came out better than it had come from the factory.
Sweet Jesus. That’s comically bad.

Supposedly my bumper is on its way and should be here Thurs or Friday. I’m going to go ahead and be amazed if it actually looks good.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Chris
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Lightning Blue, Enhanced Security, Safe & Smart Pkg, Pony Pkg
That blows. Sorry to hear that. I would use the inventory search on Ford and see if you can find one that is just like the one you ordered or do what [MENTION=33091]Matco[/MENTION] said, use the chat. Chat is probably quicker since the inventory search, you have to look at all the window stickers to see if they match your order.

If you decide on a 2019, you probably will be waiting a while. From my understanding, Ford will build dealer stock first, then retail orders. If job 1 isn't until June, you are looking at probably August and beyond for delivery.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Have a seat it's going to be a while.

Ordered 3/19 - first Mustang and first time factory ordering. Just discovered this forum and feel like I'm trying to drink from a firehose there's so much great info.

I don't know what Ford is doing with the 18's but everyone is or has been waiting a long time. I waited 21 weeks for a car I ordered in July of 17. I have never waited so long for a car in my life. I hope you get your car soon and welcome there is a lot of info on this site.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Hopefully you don't get into my situation. EDD has passed and my car has been siting for almost a week at the rail yard (I assume) waiting to be loaded onto a truck for the dealership. I check every hour for the cotus checker e-mail and then check Cotus later just in case it has been delivered in between. Per FP this morning, it still hasn't been loaded onto a truck.
Mine was on it's way. I checked last week, and it was somewhere in Ohio. It was right on target up until about an hour ago. Then they moved the EDD out 3 days. Yep, that's the way Ford rolls. :doh:

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Thanks for the sympathy guys :( I did the Ford chat and they found literally only ONE car in the entire US that's close to mine, but it has options I don't want/can't afford and it's in Michigan - I'm in CT.

And sounds like the 2019 ordering can't even start until mid/late June. I'll be talking to the dealer (no longer referring to him as "my" dealer) tomorrow to see where my March 19 order will be in the queue - will it be their FIRST, or their "first after we get all our stock", or.....? who knows. But hopefully I can find out.

In the meantime, I'm digesting the fact that the beautiful build I ordered and was told to expect by the end of this month/mid-next month ain't gonna happen.

So I'll see if I can change tack and accept something I can find in stock nearby - or at least within a few hundred miles.

Chris
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 10A, Lightning Blue, Enhanced Security, Safe & Smart Pkg, Pony Pkg
EDD: who knows?? "Never" if I cancel.

Sponsored

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for the sympathy guys :( I did the Ford chat and they found literally only ONE car in the entire US that's close to mine, but it has options I don't want/can't afford and it's in Michigan - I'm in CT.

And sounds like the 2019 ordering can't even start until mid/late June. I'll be talking to the dealer (no longer referring to him as "my" dealer) tomorrow to see where my March 19 order will be in the queue - will it be their FIRST, or their "first after we get all our stock", or.....? who knows. But hopefully I can find out.

In the meantime, I'm digesting the fact that the beautiful build I ordered and was told to expect by the end of this month/mid-next month ain't gonna happen.

So I'll see if I can change tack and accept something I can find in stock nearby - or at least within a few hundred miles.

Chris
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 10A, Lightning Blue, Enhanced Security, Safe & Smart Pkg, Pony Pkg
EDD: who knows?? "Never" if I cancel.
If you're set on Lightning Blue, you'll have to find a 2018 model. Or you can be the first to have a Velocity Blue, whatever that looks like.

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
EDD got bumped up by a week

Ordered On: 03/28/2018
Estimated Delivery: 06/27/2018

vehicle.png

vehicle.png

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

Chris
Don't let it discourage you to much my friend, and don't be to hard on your sales person. I've found that people that order Mustangs, Corvettes, etc. know more about the car than most of the sales folks. We can zero in, and know a lot about that one car while a sales person has to know a little about many cars. So, your experience was like all of ours in that respect. Don't cancel, because as you say you'll have to start all over again. Plus, you be further down the line. Do like the most of us, and start looking at mods you may want to do to your baby when it finally arrives.

I've ordered so many I've learned to discretely work information I need for the sale person to know into the conversation. :)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
OK Kiddies, the Ford Gods have smiled on me. After Ford moving the EDD up 3 days yesterday, I get a call today from my sales guy saying the car should arrive this afternoon or early tomorrow. Three days ahead of time.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Don't let it discourage you to much my friend, and don't be to hard on your sales person. I've found that people that order Mustangs, Corvettes, etc. know more about the car than most of the sales folks. We can zero in, and know a lot about that one car while a sales person has to know a little about many cars.
Except it's their freakin job. I probably know as much about the higher volume cars I'm NOT interested in as many sales people. :D Or at least could learn it in a few hours.
Sponsored