Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Seems strange that I don't even have a VIN yet, having ordered 3/19.
Ordered: 3/19/18
It took 52 days to get my VIN. The car was ordered on 2/3 and went to 'In Processing' on 3/27.

I'm starting to understand the ordering process which seems to be primarily based on when a dealer can special order. If for instance your dealer met his allocation just prior to your order, then he has to wait until his next allocation request to include yours. Complicating this is the fact that there was a cut-off on ordering 2018 models as the factory is gearing up for the 2019. I'm sure there are other factors too.

This is as I understand it. It's been a long wait for me but mine is now 'In Transit' and my DD has been moved up to 5/1 from 5/5. I'm due in 2 weeks.

Good luck with yours.
Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Funny, I got the same response when I checked with FP today. Ground transport as of 4/11. My EDD was 4/17 and now COTUS says it is 'removed', we'll see if everything works out.
I talked to my salesman last night and he believes the Mustang is just waiting to be transported to the dealership. I imagine it's the same thing as you. My EDD from FP was 4/12 and Cotus was 4/15. Hopefully ours get delivered soon. Waiting this long, it kind of sucks waiting for the car to get delivered now.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If Ford really ships out pre painted bumpers I may ask for this for the scuffs on my front bumper that way I can take my car and come back once the bumper is in.
I've never heard of OEM panels or bumpers being pre painted. The front bumper on my 2015 warped and had to be replaced under warranty. The replacement bumper Ford sent was not painted and I had to go through the body shop which the dealer works with. The whole thing was a nightmare since they did a horrible job on the paint (two tries) and caused additional damage in the process.

Looks like your car wasn't handled properly during transit for the PP splitter to break like that. I compared the PP2 clearance w/o the PP2 splitter to a PP1 car and the difference was marginal.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I bet it was an idiot rail yard worker that parked my against a parking block in Milpitas. My car was moving fast until it got there. Just my effing luck.
It had to have been something like that unfortunately. Hopefully you can finally pick up your car on Thursday.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Still in awaiting shipment has been for 5 days now hopefully it gets picked up soon and is in transit.. I need to quit checking COTUS its going to drive me nuts

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Still in awaiting shipment has been for 5 days now hopefully it gets picked up soon and is in transit.. I need to quit checking COTUS its going to drive me nuts
It gets worse. Wait until you are close to your EDD. You will be checking COTUS constantly to see if it's been delivered.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
It gets worse. Wait until you are close to your EDD. You will be checking COTUS constantly to see if it's been delivered.
:headbonk::D

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I bet it was an idiot rail yard worker that parked my against a parking block in Milpitas. My car was moving fast until it got there. Just my effing luck.
Have you picked your car up yet? I got mine yesterday, thankfully there was zero damage on mine. Its off to be fully clear wrapped for the next week.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Thanks for the feedback, all. Just comes down to how long I’m willing to wait, I suppose.
I can understand your frustration my friend. Sounds like this may be the first time for this sort of problem at your dealer. Hang in there, they'll get it fixed.

Also, while you wait it would be a good time to negotiate with your sales person on how many free oil changes they are going to give you to help relieve your stress. :D

You never know, they may go with that. Just a thought.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I've never heard of OEM panels or bumpers being pre painted. The front bumper on my 2015 warped and had to be replaced under warranty. The replacement bumper Ford sent was not painted and I had to go through the body shop which the dealer works with. The whole thing was a nightmare since they did a horrible job on the paint (two tries) and caused additional damage in the process.

Looks like your car wasn't handled properly during transit for the PP splitter to break like that. I compared the PP2 clearance w/o the PP2 splitter to a PP1 car and the difference was marginal.
The paint story you’re telling is not awesome. What specifically looked bad regarding the paint job? I’m not sure I know what to look for.

I will be amazed if my replacement bumper comes painted from the factory like my sales guy told me yesterday after first telling me they would have to paint it.

He also claims I am higher priority so even though the bumper is on backorder, I should get it sooner than the general masses.

Just like the weather, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 3/19 - first Mustang and first time factory ordering. Just discovered this forum and feel like I'm trying to drink from a firehose there's so much great info.

So this is my first post. Unfortunately, from what I'm hearing, the salesman was FOS when he claimed I'd get my car "in 6-8 weeks." Looks like most folks here are waiting 3-4 months or more(?!)

And all I have is my order in. Got no other info from the dealer ('course they have my $500 deposit - like I said, I'm a noob at this).

If any of y'all have anything encouraging to say, that'd be great :) otherwise, I'll just have to suck it up and wait while telling myself it'll be worth it when it (finally) gets here...

Thanks for listening. Now back to try and read the other thousand posts ;)
Chris, is your order possible for a 2019? If so, IIRC the start of production for those is approx. 06/13. www.donlin.com shows the final order date for '18's was 03/02, with the '19 order start date of 03/26. So you've possibly fallen into the purgatory of ordering dates. Of course then you have to see where you fall in line concerning the actual start date for the building of your car. But wait, there's more. At the end of production of the '18's there was a constraint on the Performance Packages (Level 1 & Level 2), because of the availability of the parts from the sources manufacturer. I don't know if the constraints will move onto the '19 cars if that was one of your options.

I been through all sorts on timelines on ordered cars as I've been special ordering since 2006. I gotten cars in 4 weeks, cars in 11 weeks, and all the times in between. I wish I could tell you sometime that will ease your suffering. But as they say (with reverence to Tom Petty), the waiting is the hardest part. Good luck.

Jim

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Every hour on the hour. :D

Cotus show 3 more days for mine, and I'm patiently waiting. :headbonk:

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Every hour on the hour. :D

Cotus show 3 more days for mine, and I'm patiently waiting. :headbonk:
Hopefully you don't get into my situation. EDD has passed and my car has been siting for almost a week at the rail yard (I assume) waiting to be loaded onto a truck for the dealership. I check every hour for the cotus checker e-mail and then check Cotus later just in case it has been delivered in between. Per FP this morning, it still hasn't been loaded onto a truck.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The paint story you’re telling is not awesome. What specifically looked bad regarding the paint job? I’m not sure I know what to look for.

I will be amazed if my replacement bumper comes painted from the factory like my sales guy told me yesterday after first telling me they would have to paint it.

He also claims I am higher priority so even though the bumper is on backorder, I should get it sooner than the general masses.

Just like the weather, I’ll believe it when I see it.
I am attaching a couple of pictures which show the issue with the paint. I know the bumper paint will never perfectly match the panels due to the underlying material difference, but this was such a horrible job, I probably would have been able to do it better myself. Ended up getting it repainted through the body shop I normally use several months later and it came out better than it had come from the factory.
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I am attaching a couple of pictures which show the issue with the paint. I know the bumper paint will never perfectly match the panels due to the underlying material difference, but this was such a horrible job, I probably would have been able to do it better myself. Ended up getting it repainted through the body shop I normally use several months later and it came out better than it had come from the factory.
Geez, that's pretty bad. How could the paint shop seriously look at that and think it's fine to give to the customer that way.
Sponsored