trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 Mustang GT. Among other suspension parts, I have the Ford Power Pack 2 (GT 350 cold air, GT350 87mm throttle body, ford tune) I've been looking at the 2018 intake, instead of the GT350 Voodoo intake. What parts do I need for the conversion other than the intake? My understanding is that I will also need a new tune (probably not Ford), will the throttle body work? Also does the 2016 need the IMRC delete? Thanks
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
GT350 TB can have issues. Recommend using the stock one. @BmacIL can probably help here.

IMRC delete is preferred by many tuners. I'm personally going to run the pigtails and keep the IMRC active. Hopefully, I can get the voltage properly set in the tune and it "should" work. The hassle free option is to lock them out though.

You will need a different tune. The GT350 CAI is fine though.

I also saw that having some 3/8" fuel line hose for routing the vacuum lines is also preferred. There's some good videos and the thread in the DIY section for the 2018 intake manifold now.

Also, if you can get it ported, do it! Proven to show gains throughout the rev range, but they are relatively the same at high RPM. It's the lower to mid range that improves more with a ported one.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah I would remove the 350 TB and go back to the stock one and add some 47lb injectors to run E85.

mafiaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AutoMafiaRacing.com
First Name
Kalob
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang 3.7 V6
If you go with the 2018 Intake from us at Auto Mafia Racing you wont need anything other than an updated tune. I believe we spoke on the phone about this, this morning.

The GT350 TB is great but it does require the adapter to bolt onto the 15-17 or the 2018 intake.. IF you already have all that there is no reason to sell it and get something else, so just keep it and use it.

Sponsored

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
Is this all that's needed to run e85? I'm waiting for my intake and TB to come back from being ported and already planned on running the 47# injectors.

Yeah I would remove the 350 TB and go back to the stock one and add some 47lb injectors to run E85.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Is this all that's needed to run e85? I'm waiting for my intake and TB to come back from being ported and already planned on running the 47# injectors.
Yep. And the flex fuel tune of course.
Sponsored