Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT 15 PSI Oil pressure normal?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Thanks. I wish I had watched it closer previous to this. I was a little stressed yesterday. I had an Exxon Valdez level oil mishap during the oil change as well. Another hour and a half on cleanup and still a little oil residue on the garage floor. :curse::explode:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Right from Ford:
29C0870B-B698-4BC5-8CDC-94D6FE7D9483.jpeg

That PSI info is based upon the standard recommended oil for the 5.0 Coyote.

Also to note:
Oil PSI is also dependent upon operating temps, oil viscosity and RPM.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Goes up to about 17.5 hot with 5w30 or 0w30

maxcraig00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Automatic
Hey I got a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with e85 and run 5w-30 because I run my car hard. Its getting cold were I am at. I can see oil pressures in the 100’s if I am on the gas until the oil is Significantly Warm. Still see 75-95 at 7750rpm with warm oil.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hey I got a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with e85 and run 5w-30 because I run my car hard. Its getting cold were I am at. I can see oil pressures in the 100’s if I am on the gas until the oil is Significantly Warm. Still see 75-95 at 7750rpm with warm oil.
What did you see for oil pressure with 5W-20 under the same conditions?

Best practice is to always keep revs down until the oil is near full operating temp, regardless of oil viscosity used.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Best practice is to always keep revs down until the oil is near full operating temp, regardless of oil viscosity used.
Best advice for sure. With thick enough oil and crappy enough filters and cold enough temps, you can blow the filter right off on some engines. BMW used to have (Maybe still do) a tach that would change the redline as the oil temp got warmer. I permanently have my center gauge set to oil temps and although it is a derived value, I still won't pound on it until it is warmed up. Coincidentally, oil pressures are lower as well, and going into oil filter bypass is less of an issue.

Always irks me on the "cold start" exhaust videos people post. Take a cold car, start it and zing it up to 6000 RPM. Yikes. If the main bearings could talk....

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Thanks. I wish I had watched it closer previous to this. I was a little stressed yesterday. I had an Exxon Valdez level oil mishap during the oil change as well. Another hour and a half on cleanup and still a little oil residue on the garage floor. :curse::explode:
Just had the same happen this morning. Nothing like a motor oil bath on Thanksgiving Day. Can it pour out any faster or more horizontally?

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
I permanently have my center gauge set to oil temps and although it is a derived value, I still won't pound on it until it is warmed up. Coincidentally, oil pressures are lower as well, and going into oil filter bypass is less of an issue.

Always irks me on the "cold start" exhaust videos people post. Take a cold car, start it and zing it up to 6000 RPM. Yikes. If the main bearings could talk....
I also run my center gauge that way...

No flames to anyone in this thread with this comment, but you gotta love the cold start showoffs.... LoL...
Don't you love mechanically stupid people who have really nice cars that don't squat about how important it is to have the oil at temp before flogging an engine?
I went to dinner with my family one night and a young guy pulled into the lot right behind us driving a new Lambo Aventador SVJ Roadster, making all kinds of racket (high-revving the engine as he rolled into the parking lot).
After dinner (a couple hours later), he left the place a minute or two before us and once again, I hear him tapping the redline of his motor right after startup. Get this, he was trying to impress the waiter of the restaurant by trying to make his car "backfire flames" out of the exhaust pipes...
LoL...
Of course after a few minutes of this, and not many flames to be seen, he turned it off and came around to the back of the car where the waiter, my son and I were viewing the previous spectacle...
It's some barely 30 year old guy with obviously a hell of a lot more $$ than brains.
In talking with the waiter, he said the car was new and he was going to see if he could "get it tuned" to backfire more flames out of the exhaust! LoL...
I asked if he worried about hitting the revs so hard with what was probably fairly cool oil?
His comment; "It's a new motor, so the oil should be pretty fresh...".
My son and I kinda giggled and we walked away smiling...

Note to self; never let anyone you know buy a Yellow Lambo Aventador SVJ Roadster from a fairly young guy who lives in S.E. Michigan... LoL...
Grenade.gif
head3.gif
insane.gif
Sponsored