Sponsored

2018 GT engine rattle.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man I swear that sounds like a shifter rattle.
Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I wish it was.. I've been all over this thing trying to figure it out.. Taking it to the dealer is my last resort.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
I have a 17 with the same problem..
Since you guys know what you are listening for, you can hear it in this video..
Everyone says it is piston slap, I don't think that's the case.
Takes about 10 miles of driving before it's almost not noticeable any longer.
I'm wondering if it's an oiling issue.. Seems to go away once the oil pressure goes down, thinking it may be thin enough to get somewhere it needs to be going at that point. Anyone have one of those heaters that can stick on to their oil pan and keep the oil warm overnight?

I asked my service guy when I was there getting something done to my truck and he and the tech said the Mustang engines are usually pretty good, it's the F-150's you have to watch out for.. So I have service scheduled next week.

That's the exact sound I have. I can hear it plan a s day. My videos i can hear but others seem to miss it.

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My car makes what sounds like the same noise as in the video. Started at 500 miles. At fist i thought it was the engine/lifter noise. Now im sure its the tranny. I can get the noise to change by moving the shifter in different directions while in gear. I thought maybe it was my stock shifter so i put an mgw in it, got way louder. Then did the bg fluid, even louder after that. Was only doing it through 1-4 gear. now 5th and 6th also and getting louder. Way louder cold. Have 12k miles now. I drive by 2 giant fences on each side that echo the sound leaving work, defiantly coming from underneath car by tranny.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is the exact noise I had on my 2016 6a. The dealer also told me they had never had a problem like this on a GT. My car had 26k on it.

Rather than screw around with Ford I traded it in. The dealer was hmmm’ing and haw’ing over the oil cooler I installed. Didn’t feel like going through the gyrations with Ford. Needless to say, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth for Ford products and their service.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crappy. Now that mine has been documented while bone stock I'll fight it out with them. They dick me around I'll look into going to the next step. Don't think it will be a issue. It's always the dealer or inept service department who play stupid.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
That's the exact sound I have. I can hear it plan a s day. My videos i can hear but others seem to miss it.
Add me to the list. I seem to have every little quirk/issue on this car. :lol:

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a A10 ? If so that rules out the reverse lockout a few others have mentioned. It's beyond annoying to me. Maybe we all complain so they acknowledge it. Atleast get a response or documentation from ford engineering on it.

Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Really don't think it's transmission related.

Mine does it in neutral with the clutch pushed in for the first few miles.. I hate that I have to worry about it.. The original plan was some type of forced induction.. Not now.... Car still runs like a raped ape though..

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rear clutch springs broke. Shattered the rear disc. Mass air was replaced chasing the engine vibration they assumed was a misfire. Service writer apparently writes what he wants. Failed to mention why it was there in the first place smh. New mass air, new flywheel, new clutch, new pressure plate. Hoping to get new trans out of it since it gouged the bell on the inside. Idiots attempted to test drive it 3 differ times. Synchros prolly took a beating.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Rear clutch springs broke. Shattered the rear disc. Mass air was replaced chasing the engine vibration they assumed was a misfire. Service writer apparently writes what he wants. Failed to mention why it was there in the first place smh. New mass air, new flywheel, new clutch, new pressure plate. Hoping to get new trans out of it since it gouged the bell on the inside. Idiots attempted to test drive it 3 differ times. Synchros prolly took a beating.
You might want to ask them to throw in a couple spare trannys for the future because Ford still has no idea how to make a proper one.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt mustang shadow black 10 sp
gt engine rattle

sorry to here about your trans clutch hope it also fixes your rattle sound.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So the defect or issue wasn’t the transmission, it was the clutch components (pressure plate/disc) that imploded due to vendor supplied manufacturing defects - correct?

There’s been more than 1 thread about the pressure plate or clutch springs coming apart with the MT82, the fault seems to lie with whomever is supplying those parts to Ford.
Sponsored