txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
Hmm, I wonder if it's a crank sensor issue from the excessive engine/clutch heat from track use....
hmm… I hadn’t heard of that being a thing, but after some forum searching I now see people talking about that. I’ll have to research that some more, thanks for the tip!
Sponsored

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Build Date: May, 28, 2022

Who‘s turning 46 and got a race themed birthday? This guy!! 😁👍

My amazing wife really leaned in to my car love and went through the effort to find my dream car (‘70 Boss 429) and the closest match to my real car! These (I believe) 1:18 scale cars are beautiful! The GT is a 2018 PP2 which is very fitting as my goal for my actual build is to basically turn my GT into a PP2 replica.

IMG_1161.jpeg
IMG_1158.jpeg
IMG_1157.jpeg

Bruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2021 GT500
Track Date: May 21-22, 2022

This was a really fun 2 day HPDE event put on by The Drivers Edge at Eagles Canyon Raceway running counter clockwise. Even got to hang out with a couple Mach 1s. These two guys are retired friends that bought their cars to enjoy on the track. I really love meeting friendly people like this and it adds another level of enjoyment for track days 👍

The only downside to the day was getting a SES dash light later in the day during one of the hotter sessions. Read the codes (P0300, P0305, P0306 Misfires), cleared them, took her back out for more.

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpg
Hey Patrick, I remember that weekend last year-had a great time ! Sorry to hear about the codes. If you need access to a lift, let me know-I’m just up the road from you. Happy birthday BTW.

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Hey Patrick, I remember that weekend last year-had a great time ! Sorry to hear about the codes. If you need access to a lift, let me know-I’m just up the road from you. Happy birthday BTW.
Thank you sir! Yeah, that was a great weekend. It was my first two day event and really enjoyed the extra track time.

I appreciate the offer for access to your lift! So far the combination of my floor jack, jacking rails, and jack stands have served me well, but admittedly I haven’t gone that deep on engine, trans, or exhaust work as of yet.

Do you have any upcoming track days scheduled?

Bruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2021 GT500
Thank you sir! Yeah, that was a great weekend. It was my first two day event and really enjoyed the extra track time.

I appreciate the offer for access to your lift! So far the combination of my floor jack, jacking rails, and jack stands have served me well, but admittedly I haven’t gone that deep on engine, trans, or exhaust work as of yet.

Do you have any upcoming track days scheduled?
Going to Mid America Nationals next month for 2 days at Hallett. Always a good time!
[email protected]

Sponsored

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Going to Mid America Nationals next month for 2 days at Hallett. Always a good time!
[email protected]
Nice! I’ve done four track days this year so far, but May has been too busy to fit one in. Need to look at where I can go in June.

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Track Date: June 4, 2022

Almost a year after my very first track day (June 14, 2021) I headed back out to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX on a foggy morning to run the shorter 1.7 mile version of the course.

If you’ve been to MSR Cresson you know that the 1.7 side looks like a proper well thought out road course, while the other side looks like it was designed by a toddler with a crayon! 😂

Now, don’t get me wrong, the entire track is amazing, but just running just the 1.7 was a really fun experience and allowed me to really dial in the laps.

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread. I enjoyed reading this

Sponsored
OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Build Date: June 20, 2022

When I bought my Mustang, I came for the 5.0 and I stayed for the Apple CarPlay 😂. Unfortunately, one day I connected my phone and it wouldn’t connect to CarPlay. In fact, EVERYTHING seemed to be operating in super slow motion! Any time I tried to interact with the Sync touchscreen, all the inputs were crazy delayed.

Since at that time the car was under its extended warranty coverage, I took her into my local Ford dealer to have the problem diagnosed. After a Sync Master Reset didn’t fix it they traced it to the APIM module. I ended up having to wait about 3 months for the part to come in, but the new APIM module did fix the issue.

The day I bought it in, I saw this carbon fiber track pack GT500 in the showroom! Only $128k 😬

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Track Date: May 16, 2022

Monday Funday with The Edge Addicts out at MSR Cresson on the full 3.1 mile CCW course. This was a really great event as I got to have a couple of sessions with my very first HPDE instructor from my first event in 2021! She drives a green 2019 PP2 that you can partially see in the first photo. She was happy to see I was still driving and improving 😁

This was the first track day with the new suspension and what a difference it made! The car felt much more planted in the flat And planted in the corners.

Another first for this event was using the Schroth QuickFit Pro four point harness. At 6’2” and 210 lbs I was getting tossed around a bit just using the factory seat belt (even with locking the seat belt retractor). The harness does a great job of securing me and keeping me from moving around 👍

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg
Great thread, I’ve enjoyed reading each post! Was curious as to where you got your decals, those look great on a black mustang!

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Great thread, I’ve enjoyed reading each post! Was curious as to where you got your decals, those look great on a black mustang!
Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Those were the Boss 302 Replica Number Set from Spinnywhoosh in self-adhesive vinyl. That was my first experience with applying vinyl and despite my nerves, they went on really nicely. Looks like the price went up since I bought mine as I only paid $60 for my set.

When I got them, I had made an assumption that they were reusable, but a quick email to Scott at Spinnywhoosh clarified that “…those are good for only one use. They will hold up for 3-5 years just fine but once removed they're done. My apologies, I have that listed on most of my product pages for racing numbers but looks like I missed that one.” He’s got the product page updated with an appropriate warning now, thanks to me 😆

Since they were one-time use, I made the best of the situation and kept them on for two weeks for the three track days I had scheduled.

The quality was first rate, and I may look into getting the magnetic versions in the future but worry that the 15” magnetic meatballs may not work with the body lines on the door. Right now, I have a smaller set of 12” magnetic numbers from trackdecals.com in a similar style (although they don’t look as good as the Spinnywhoosh version).

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Those were the Boss 302 Replica Number Set from Spinnywhoosh in self-adhesive vinyl. That was my first experience with applying vinyl and despite my nerves, they went on really nicely. Looks like the price went up since I bought mine as I only paid $60 for my set.

When I got them, I had made an assumption that they were reusable, but a quick email to Scott at Spinnywhoosh clarified that “…those are good for only one use. They will hold up for 3-5 years just fine but once removed they're done. My apologies, I have that listed on most of my product pages for racing numbers but looks like I missed that one.” He’s got the product page updated with an appropriate warning now, thanks to me 😆

Since they were one-time use, I made the best of the situation and kept them on for two weeks for the three track days I had scheduled.

The quality was first rate, and I may look into getting the magnetic versions in the future but worry that the 15” magnetic meatballs may not work with the body lines on the door. Right now, I have a smaller set of 12” magnetic numbers from trackdecals.com in a similar style (although they don’t look as good as the Spinnywhoosh version).
I appreciate the detailed reply! I'll take a look at both sites and see what they're offering. It's a good point about the vinyl decals and not being reusable. Magnetic might be the way to go, hopefully they're secure enough to keep the wind from getting behind them an having them blow off!

Thanks again for the help!

OP
OP
txgt

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
The 12” magnets I got from trackdecals.com have been perfect at track speeds. The 12” nestle perfectly between the body lines on the door so that they lie perfectly flat against the door skin. Any bigger and I think the curves/body lines wouldn‘t let the magnets to lay perfectly flat:

IMG_12177.jpeg
Sponsored