Sponsored

Ecoboost daily driver build

Fluxmaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost, 97 Mazda Miata, 84 BMW 323i
Howdy,

So today marks one month since I bought the Mustang. I've already done a handful of things to it so figured I'd start a log to keep track of the changes. Nothing too wild since it is my daily driver but I do want it to be a fun ride. My daily driver prior to this was an 04 Mazda6 wagon that I enjoyed for it's practicality but had already been considering selling and pursuing a more sporty car for my boring commute. The decision was made for me when a distracted driver slammed into me going over the bridge on my morning commute. Later the same day I picked up a 2015 ecoboost premium performance pack car.

20230823_174735.jpg

Car the day I bought it.
20230831_171326.jpg

The guy that hit me was honest with the police and insurance but just to be safe going forward I added a dash cam. I've sinced picked up the hardwire kit and rear camera add on that I need to install.
20230902_183759.jpg

Took the car on a 400 mile trip through Kentucky to visit a friend and spend time getting used to the car.
20230904_131402.jpg

I'll add my aftermarket sub and amp soon but did a quick upgrade on the stock setup to get by. Just a cheap sub with a spacer ring and polyfil.
20230909_161258.jpg

My first real mod is pretty much just just a way to convert money to noise. Cp-e piping with HKS BOV. I do plan on picking up a big ole honking intercooler.
20230913_193905.jpg
car was way too quiet so I grabbed a Tomei titanium cat back. Single exit for maximum weight reduction and to piss off the purists.
20230913_200017.jpg
had to kick the Miata out of the garage to have room to do the exhaust.
20230916_003828.jpg
gonna play the how long can I drive without a real license plate game. (Temp tag is in the car) Need to transfer my custom plate from my old car but
I'll need them to reprint it. Being rear-ended, the plate was pretty mangled.
20230916_001358.jpg

After adding the exhaust I realized the car was amplifying engine/exhaust sounds. It was extremely noticable going from normal to sport+ or race. Picked up a USB OBD adapter and used forscan to disable that crap. Sounds much better. The Tomei is surprisingly mellow.

Other things I've done are replacing the low pressure fuel sensor with the revised part which made a huge difference. Added a K&N drop in filter and Tune+ pregapped ruthenium plugs which also helped a lot.

Monday it's going in for a recall to fix the non functional back up camera. After that I will further mod the stereo. Going to start with the 3.5" door speakers, adding my subs and amp that I recovered from the last car, and swapping to a sync 3 head unit.
20230916_004404.jpg

So overall one month in and I'm still loving the car. Future plans will involve lowering it and adding JDM wheels. Big intercooler, catted downpipe, and a Cobb accessport with a custom tune. I'll also look into a stop the hop kit or other suspension mods. The rear end just doesn't seem as planted as I'd like. The Miata is already on coilovers with a couple degrees of negative camber so it's not a fair comparison but it feels a lot more planted and predictable.
Sponsored