Sponsored

2018+ gen 3 coyote cams

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Being a big NA fan myself I still want to see a Comp S3 cams, CJ IM, Long tubes, and E85 Gen3 coyote build myself.

2018 hoods be damned lower the engine, cut the hood, stick a cowl on it whatever to make a CJ fit.

F*** Yeah! :headbang:
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
fore will have their systems ready in the next week or 2 for the cars, fueling is going to be a non issue on the cars

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
I think there are a few things here.

A. You are making it too complicated here.

B. Alex from VMP has already mentioned tuners basically not using the DI system for added fuel needs at all. And even more importantly its cheaper and easier to address fuel needs on the port side.

C. You dont really need bigger lobes you would need a DI fuel pump that flows more. Look at the ecoboosts for example they can just change the DI pump to increase fuel capacity while still using STOCK cams. I am 100% confident the Gen3 Coyote will be the same or go back to what I already said and rely on the port injection for added fuel needs.

D. It will be interesting to see what happens with aftermarket 2018 gen3 coyote cams my money is the fuel lobe profile stays the same and people just use same DI pump or aftermarket pump that flows more.

Just a couple of thoughts, just because tuners are using the port side for added fueling needs doesn't mean there isn't any advantage to adding fuel through the DI injectors. A different lobe profile can increase fuel flow even without a higher flowing DI pump. A higher flowing pump would be best, but the GM guys drive the factory pumps harder on a regular basis with no issues. if you could add all of the additional fuel through the DI side you could make more power. How much? Likely not enough to justify spending the extra money to do so. If it was worth an additional 5-10 hp with no downside to using a different fuel lobe that would be a pretty good gain on top of what a set of cams will give.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Just a couple of thoughts, just because tuners are using the port side for added fueling needs doesn't mean there isn't any advantage to adding fuel through the DI injectors. A different lobe profile can increase fuel flow even without a higher flowing DI pump. A higher flowing pump would be best, but the GM guys drive the factory pumps harder on a regular basis with no issues. if you could add all of the additional fuel through the DI side you could make more power. How much? Likely not enough to justify spending the extra money to do so. If it was worth an additional 5-10 hp with no downside to using a different fuel lobe that would be a pretty good gain on top of what a set of cams will give.
Doesnt the comp stage 3 have 2.5% more DI lobe built in?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Anyone working on cams, I'm wondering if fuel lobe size can be increased for more fueling on the direct injection side and if higher intake lift/duration can be achieved for higher rpm power. like 8500 rpm shifts with a cobra jet setup (once tuning for the throttle bodies has been figured out).

I can call comp on monday, but I figured I'd ask first here.
Your car already comes with racing cams...

Just buy a blower. The coyotes dont need aftermarket cams unless your building a competition vehicle and need every last drop of power. Plus with our valvetrains they wont chop like the old 2 valve motors.

Imho just not worth the money and effort.

If you are dead set on them get the stage 3s... Or 2.
Sponsored