Sponsored

does anyone make big lopey cams for gen 3 Coyote yet

Five_Point_OHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You can be "proper" all you want, but power is power. It's harder to justify and afford to boost it later when you've already spent 8 or 10 grand on a max effort NA build.
Building out the engine will just make it better IF you decided to boost it later. It would be able to handle the boost and outside of changing from high to low compression pistons, all the other parts would be beneficial.

Or spend the 8k on a supercharger and nothing else, boost the brains out of it and blow the engine. Buy another motor for 8k and start over again. Seems like a brilliant and cost effective plan.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
It rather have a max effort NA setup then take a cheapo centri setup and sneeze 6 to 8# at it on e85. once the wallet recovers.

I dont care what anyone says id LOVE an AFS ported heads, AFS ported CJ Manifold, CS3 cams AFS ported monoblade setup with a converter and 3.73 gears.

It be a riot on the street.

Itd make over 600NA Hotrod mags already proven cams and CJ make over 600 at the engine without ported heads.

Then if a guy still wanted more like I said take a centri and sneeze a couple #s at it.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Building out the engine will just make it better IF you decided to boost it later. It would be able to handle the boost and outside of changing from high to low compression pistons, all the other parts would be beneficial.

Or spend the 8k on a supercharger and nothing else, boost the brains out of it and blow the engine. Buy another motor for 8k and start over again. Seems like a brilliant and cost effective plan.
There's nothing cost effective about spending 8 or 10k to make 500 wheel. There's a reason why most people don't do that. It makes a lot more sense, if you're in the game for making "proper" power, to go down the well trodden path of a Whipple, Roush, Paxton, or whatever and make a relatively safe 600-800 WHP. Stuff breaks sometimes, sure, but it's not a foregone conclusion when you add boost. NA guys that love to rev the piss out of it (because they have to) are bound to break stuff, too.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proper?...... LOL you got some learning to do.

FI doesnt mean its going to grenade parts neither does reving a NA engine.

Your statements pretty juvinile and uneducated.

Riddle me this then batman how does Honda S2K and the GT350 for example among other engines that spin 8k stay together with a warranty?

Hmm. Better components. Better design. C all of the above.

Again people say its not worth doing a NA setup. But then let me ask you where do you want to stop?

Most people with FI end up wanting to run E85 thats another 1000 bucks for example.

Next how much money do you want to put into the suspension to make it all work?

Do you really want to spend 4 figures to have a reliable built bottom end or trans too?

All Im saying is this isnt a damn 1 size fits all conversation like too many peoome try to make it.

Youre just another "Durrrrr just boost it bro"

LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
As far as the "where do you want to stop" question is concerned, I stopped pretty damn early in my NA parts buying process (just a tune) because boost made the most sense for my goals, which were to go fast and not set my money on fire. You really should just boost it, bro. Less projection, more go fast.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as the "where do you want to stop" question is concerned, I stopped pretty damn early in my NA parts buying process (just a tune) because boost made the most sense for my WALLET, which were to go fast and not set my money on fire. You really should just boost it, bro. Less projection, more go fast.
Fixed. You stopped because cost.

Ok I got it now. You stopped because of your personal goal and decided financial limitations. Good for you. But again this isnt a 1 size fits all type deal.
Sponsored