Sponsored

does anyone make big lopey cams for gen 3 Coyote yet

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Does anyone know if Comp or anyone makes revised lopey cams for these gen 3 coyotes !!!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Comp or anyone makes revised lopey cams for these gen 3 coyotes !!!
Absolutely no reason to with Ti-VCT.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
get a ghost cam tune then, sound seems to be all you are after.

That being said Comp has recently made stage 3 cams for the coyote however for the price of the swaps and other parts you might as well go boost, its where the coyote shines. heads/cam N/A builds are best left to the pushrod engines chevy is using.

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE

That being said Comp has recently made stage 3 cams for the coyote however for the price of the swaps and other parts you might as well go boost, its where the coyote shines. heads/cam N/A builds are best left to the pushrod engines chevy is using.
sound is not only what im looking for .

Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
The Coyote will not sound any different with aftermarket camshafts. The Ti-VCT will make it still sound stock(ish).

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now

Damn it I hate this argument every single time someone says Durrrrrrrr boost it bro.

No! NA cars are running 10s and dont have to worry about breaking shit left and right. Or added weight. Or adding a 1k plus fuel system.

Or 4 figures for a belt wrap kit and pulleys for some FI kits

Durrrrr just boost it bro.... SMH!!

Its not always about chasing a god damn HP number on the dyno or running a 9 sec pass.

Guess what ALOT of us daily our cars and would like to keep it that way.

IMO a stalled A10 with stupid 3.73 gears comp cams and a CJ manifold screaming at 8K+ would be a damn riot on the street and laugh at stock hellcats and other "Boosted Bro" cars that can barely run 10s. I dont give a damn what your time slip or dyno sheet says. Do you enjoy driving the car!!!????

Durr check out my blower but I dont have a damn clue what to do with the suspension or tires to make it work.

Id rather be able to drive a car in anger and on the ragged edge of 8k rpm than be chewing my fingernails thinking what if it breaks.

Sure some people can afford to go full retard then cough up another 3 to 5k for a trans or engine if or when it grenades. More power to you if you can.

GTFO of here with that Durrrrr just boost it mentality and 12 year old comments.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Damn it I hate this argument every single time someone says Durrrrrrrr boost it bro.

No! NA cars are running 10s and dont have to worry about breaking shit left and right. Or added weight. Or adding a 1k plus fuel system.

Its not always about chasing a god damn HP number on the dyno or running a 9 sec pass.

IMO a stalled A10 with stupid 3.73 gears comp cams and a CJ manifold screaming at 8K+ would be a damn riot on the street and laugh at stock hellcats and other "Boosted Bro" cars that can barely run 10s. I dont give a damn what your time slip or dyno sheet says. Do you enjoy driving the car!!!????

Durr check out my blower but I dont have a damn clue what to do with the suspension or tires to make it work.

Id rather be able to drive a car in anger and on the ragged edge of 8k rpm than be chewing my fingernails thinking what if it breaks.

Sure some people can afford to go full retard then cough up another 3 to 5k for a trans or engine if or when it grenades. More power to you if you can.

GTFO of here with that Durrrrr just boost it mentality and 12 year old comments.
9500 rpm cams are not for a daily driving car.

FYI, regularly running these engines past 8k will get you a rebuild nice and quick. Friction goes up dramatically with rpm.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
9500 rpm cams are not for a daily driving car.

FYI, regularly running these engines past 8k will get you a rebuild nice and quick. Friction goes up dramatically with rpm.

Gee really sooo is that more or less frequently than someone squeezing 800hp+ out of one?

Sure either will increase wear cmon.....

Have you ever drove a NA CJ car at 8k plus?

I had one and I live in North Dakota. Let me tell you every single on ramp and every single interstate pull will give you permagrin for hours.

Ask yourself how often do you go to tge dyno.... how often do you go to the track?

Me I daily mine rain snow sleet or shine. 23k miles in less than 11 months.

A properly built NA car could be a riot and an absolute blast without spending retarded money on it either. I miss my CJ E85 2016 bad!

Point is the OMG just boost is irritates me. These cars can run 10s with realatively little mods and WITHOUT spending 5 figures on a blower combo and proper fuel and suspension.

Its just a shitty apples to oranges comparison.

Sure I could say durrrr just go buy a fox and spray it thatll cost less type of comment makes about as much sense.

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to build a heads/cams/stroked FBO NA Coyote, however it would literally cost as much as many entry level supercharger systems and not provide as much bang for the buck. This is why most people will recommend a supercharger.

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Op needs to just build a BBC @ 540-572 ci with that compression on E. It would make a lot more power than a n/a coyote and make the sound he wants. ;).

Stick it in a gutted Vega and have fun.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If you are looking at cams on a Coyote before other mods, you are doing it wrong.

Trade yours in and get an LT1 from Chevy instead. Do it now!

4795386f38b5d384544ac95acc5cedad.jpg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Unfortunately there’s no way to “like” a post multiple times.. couldn’t agree more.

Modding a car is about personalization. Who cared what a person wants to do with an NA build versus boost. There’s some things that are generally accepted as silly in the car world ( all the stickers, shitty wheels, fake rust wraps, neon lights everywhere, etc.). Choosing NA versus boost doesn’t fall in the same category of stoning someone over their choice.. lol.

As far as the more wear argument, that’s a pissing contest. It really comes down to the quality of parts, install, tuning and maintenance. People will pop a stock motor with a heavy foot and a bad tune, others will run a boosted stock motor with a dialed in tune and never have a failure. High RPM NA power and boost are not equal. Parts get stressed different in both applications.
Sponsored