HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
A few questions...

1. How much does it cost to do the cluster swap to the 2018 digital cluster?
2. Where can I order the digital cluster?
3. I have a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with track pack (6speed) - will the digital cluster work with that? And will all the features work?

Page 1.
Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
I did not see the answers to my questions there
He's implying to read the thread, I believe.. And He's right - All of the info is here, and it is currently spread thin as only a few have approached this..

The information WILL be organized. It just currently is not.

We have done lots of looking, digging, research and trial and error, Please - Read what we have put into this thread, at the very least.

venomsnake21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with Track Package
He's implying to read the thread, I believe.. And He's right - All of the info is here, and it is currently spread thin as only a few have approached this..

The information WILL be organized. It just currently is not.

We have done lots of looking, digging, research and trial and error, Please - Read what we have put into this thread, at the very least.

Thank you for clearing things up :) I have gone through quite a bit of information but it's so scattered and wanted to see if someone had a concise succinct write up :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thank you folks for implementing this mod and for sharing everything with the rest of us along the way. Is it a lot to ask someone to write a comprehensive guide on how to retrofit the digital dash, including all parts needed and prices? This very useful thread is getting really long...

Sponsored

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Just want the steering wheel

Can I just add the 2018 steering wheel to my 2016 Mustang GT 300A (base package)?

If you guys that are taking the steering wheels out want to sell your old ones, please let me know (if it works).

Thanks.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Can I just add the 2018 steering wheel to my 2016 Mustang GT 300A (base package)?

If you guys that are taking the steering wheels out want to sell your old ones, please let me know (if it works).

Thanks.
You'll need the updated (2018) air bag as well, it's different.

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

Reverend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT PP
So no one has asked yet in this thread - for a 2018 owner, what is total cost savings buying and doing the swap instead of paying for the factory β€œoption” through Ford?
^^ this.

I have a 2018 premium with the performance package. Hindsight being 20/20, i wish i would have gotten the 401...oh well

From what I can tell all i need is the actual cluster, and it should be a direct plug and play swap for me, correct?

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
^^ this.

I have a 2018 premium with the performance package. Hindsight being 20/20, i wish i would have gotten the 401...oh well

From what I can tell all i need is the actual cluster, and it should be a direct plug and play swap for me, correct?
I can almost guarantee when you factor in the time, cost of reprogramming the cluster mileage and likely bugs you'll have to work out in the process of doing this swap it will come out way cheaper to just get the 401a.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I can almost guarantee when you factor in the time, cost of reprogramming the cluster mileage and likely bugs you'll have to work out in the process of doing this swap it will come out way cheaper to just get the 401a.
Completely disagree. 401a is a $2200 package. For a 2018 I would expect this swap to cost around $1500 total. You will only need the cluster and the bezel, no sccm, wheel, or airbag required. If the only thing in the 401a package you were worried about was the cluster then it is most certainly cheaper.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
^^ this.

You will need the cluster and bezel. Should bolt right in for you without any modifications required but programming will still be required.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 17 gt pp manual, these parts get here today.
JR3Z-10849-LB
JR3Z-9C888-AA
JR3Z-9C888-EA
JR3Z-9C888-CA
JR3Z-63044D70-BA
JR3Z-3F791-HA

Can anyone send me a link to the proper forscan to use, they have yet to update their website with the new one, i appreciate the hard work guys.
Let me know how i can contribute to this, i was thinking of doing a video tutorial to help everyone.
Nice!

Big thank you and congrats to all you smart, trailblazing, m-f'ers who are getting this done and sharing with the rest of us. And also damn you for making my mod budget go up again.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I have a 17 gt pp manual, these parts get here today.
JR3Z-10849-LB
JR3Z-9C888-AA
JR3Z-9C888-EA
JR3Z-9C888-CA
JR3Z-63044D70-BA
JR3Z-3F791-HA

Can anyone send me a link to the proper forscan to use, they have yet to update their website with the new one, i appreciate the hard work guys.
Let me know how i can contribute to this, i was thinking of doing a video tutorial to help everyone.
Would you do this tutorial? Very much needed for the rest of us who are also interested in this mod :headbonk:
Sponsored