Sponsored

2018 Ford Performance Power Packs... Are they coming??

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't think he's saying that. He's saying in general, no matter the brand, you shouldn't mod unless you can afford to blow the engine.

Either way, it's a dumb statement.
I can buy 2 mustangs tomorrow for cash, big deal but why would I wanna lose my warranty, my street racing days are over. I want a 11.80 weekend toy WITH A WARRANTY
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is a difference in worrying about damage and worrying about warranty covered damage. The WHOLE POINT of the PowerPacks are they are FROM Ford, INSTALLED by FORD and COVERED by Ford. You get more power and Ford covers it if something went wrong. It's like that is just going over your head.

Correct, good minds think alike

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I spoke to Roush, they don’t touch the trans parimeters on the A10 when they sell there power pack

As u know it’s just their CAI and a tune, a few peeps have done it and gotten a solid 20RW and more TQ under the curve so that’s an option too

At least it has a 3/36

I don’t wanna run E85, I’m just looking for a weekend toy that runs 11.80@119 on 93 with a warranty

I don’t know, maybe i’ll just do the Roush blower and be done with it

I live by Atco, so we get mineshaft air here. On a set of dr’s I’d click off easy high 10’s with that setup

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I spoke to Roush, they don’t touch the trans parimeters on the A10 when they sell there power pack

As u know it’s just their CAI and a tune, a few peeps have done it and gotten a solid 20RW and more TQ under the curve so that’s an option too

At least it has a 3/36

I don’t wanna run E85, I’m just looking for a weekend toy that runs 11.80@119 on 93 with a warranty

I live by Atco, so we get mineshaft air here. On a set of dr’s I’d click off easy high 10’s with that setup

Don't need a tune for that at all...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

At least it has a 3/36

Where by Philly are you?

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Don't need a tune for that at all...
I know, i’m sure on a -Da at Atco a stocker will go 11.99 but I’d like to have a tenth or too in the bag on pump gas and full weight

Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I had the power pack 2 on my 15 and was very pleased with the results. I'm going to continue to wait patiently for Ford to releases their 18/19 tunes. The mid range in my car was fantastic and it performed well at the track and I'm hoping for the same or close.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Part of this could be that "drag mode" is almost a tune by itself. Some tuners said there's not much gain with tune only on cars equipped with drag mode. How much truth there is to this, I don't know. But the computers in the 18+ cars are amazing and definitely get more out of good fuel versus older models.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I had the power pack 2 on my 15 and was very pleased with the results. I'm going to continue to wait patiently for Ford to releases their 18/19 tunes. The mid range in my car was fantastic and it performed well at the track and I'm hoping for the same or close.
A stock Gen 3 is faster than any power pack Gen 2.

On pump gas, the 18/19s are almost maxed out from the factory. The most Ford would come out with is the Bullitt package for a whopping 20hp. For me, it's only worth getting a tune if you're going to run E85
Sponsored