2018 ecoboost exhuast

Jmarks96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost
Just purchased a new ecoboost mustang premium plus with performance package, looking for an exhuast any suggestions?
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have the Magna Flow Street Cat back and for what it is sounds pretty good. (not my car, found this on You Tube)

OP
OP

Jmarks96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost
I have the Magna Flow Street Cat back and for what it is sounds pretty good. (not my car, found this on You Tube)

They sound good.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Depends on your budget, just how much of the stock exhaust you’re willing to replace and the sound you desire. I HIGHLY recommend my Ford Performance by Borla Axleback Touring Mufflers. $700 + $100 install. Great sounds at any rpm and a nice throaty purr at idle. Some pops & crackles on decel and NO drone whatsoever.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I think the MBRP race is the best, and the most popular probably among EB owners. The price is more than reasonable, I bought mine on Black Friday sales back in 2017 for $550 if I remember correctly, otherwise they run for about $700...Like any other exhaust, especially if you're new to them, you might notice a bit of drone, but it goes away as it you put miles in the car (200 miles about or less). I like it because it's a deep sound rather than high pitch. Also, I don't think its worth spending over $1000 for a mod that doesnt really improve performance, the MBRP RACE is great, imo.

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the MBRP 3" Race Exhaust with the CVF 3" Catted Downpipe on my 2018 and love the deep sound with very little drone. Its actually not too loud or obnoxious when idling or cruising, but when you step on it, you really hear it! Too many of the high priced exhausts for our cars are higher pitched and/or introduce mega drone and can sound kinda ricer. This is the second MBRP exhaust for me, since I ran it on my previous 2015 with a Corsa downpipe. Had to get it again I like it so much!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I am running the MBRP 3" Race Exhaust with the CVF 3" Catted Downpipe on my 2018 and love the deep sound with very little drone. Its actually not too loud or obnoxious when idling or cruising, but when you step on it, you really hear it! Too many of the high priced exhausts for our cars are higher pitched and/or introduce mega drone and can sound kinda ricer. This is the second MBRP exhaust for me, since I ran it on my previous 2015 with a Corsa downpipe. Had to get it again I like it so much!
So I have read that the mbrp race will drone, do you have a resonator installed? How did you get rid of the drone?

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
So I have read that the mbrp race will drone, do you have a resonator installed? How did you get rid of the drone?
No resonator installed. Just the MBRP exhaust with 3" catted down pipe. I don't have much drone at all, but neither of my 2 setups did I run the MBRP with the stock down pipe, so I don't know if that changes things or not.

lazsep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Laz
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Conv
I have a MBRP race exhaust to sell if interested, I also have a catted and non catted down pipe

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I am running a CP-e catless downpipe and a CP-e exhaust, I highly recommend this setup.

Not my car but a very good representation of the sound.

Sponsored

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I have a MBRP race exhaust to sell if interested, I also have a catted and non catted down pipe
how much you looking to sell it for?

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
I think the MBRP race is the best, and the most popular probably among EB owners. The price is more than reasonable, I bought mine on Black Friday sales back in 2017 for $550 if I remember correctly, otherwise they run for about $700...Like any other exhaust, especially if you're new to them, you might notice a bit of drone, but it goes away as it you put miles in the car (200 miles about or less). I like it because it's a deep sound rather than high pitch. Also, I don't think its worth spending over $1000 for a mod that doesnt really improve performance, the MBRP RACE is great, imo.
Drone is almost non-existent with the 10 speed auto. MBRP race sounds the best for the ecoboost in my opinion, and gives a little more power by having the larger piping from the Cat back.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Drone is almost non-existent with the 10 speed auto. MBRP race sounds the best for the ecoboost in my opinion, and gives a little more power by having the larger piping from the Cat back.
Do u think it goes past 94 db at 50 ft? My track has a sound limit

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Do u think it goes past 94 db at 50 ft? My track has a sound limit
I can guarantee you it doesn't. My Challenger has a 392 hemi, long tubes and no mufflers, I don't get yelled at when I'm at the track for it and the level there is 95dB.
Sponsored