2018 ECOBOOST TRACK TIMES

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Last august I ran the track for my first time. At the time, it had only an ETC IC, NGK Plugs, and an Airaid tube/KN filter. Best time was a 13.67 @ 102.

Now my excuses on why I think it will run closer to 13.0: The tires were badly worn down PZeros. Hate those things. Running Mich's now. It was about 105 degrees out. I had no idea what I was doing. (still don't) Finally, I have more done to the car now. Fun times.
That's great - Really solid performance there, from the evil twin of my car. Were you there with the DFWS550 guys? They're looking at another track rental in a month or so, I'm hoping my schedule will let me go so I can get some real track time even if it's hot. Should have my ATM IC installed by then, if all goes well. Totally valid excuses, BTW...
Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I mainly roll with muscle mustang-Dallas, but yeah I know a lot of the dfws550 folks as well. I saw tj's post. Hope that develops.

Brodie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
When jdsfly ran a 13.23 in his bone stock Ecoboost A10 it inspired me to get back to the track.
So I took my bone stock 18 Ecoboost A10 to Atco Dragway last night and all I can say is wow! Its a lot quicker than expected.
My best time of the night was a 13.25 @ 103.75. I was in drag mode and in D with the traction control off, also I dropped my rear tire pressure down 24lbs. On my first run left at around 1500 and spun until I had to get out of it, so on this run I pretty much left off idle with a very light power brake.
I'm starting to wonder with drag radials and some bolt on's If i can get into the 12's without a tune. Needless to say I'm pretty impressed with my four cylinder even if it does sound like a Civic!
Thanks jdsfly!!! I think we have the quickest stock 2018 Ecoboost's out there. I have to give credit to the DA at Atco and Cecil County but these 4 cylinders are quicker than most people think!
fullsizeoutput_3c57.jpeg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
When jdsfly ran a 13.23 in his bone stock Ecoboost A10 it inspired me to get back to the track.
So I took my bone stock 18 Ecoboost A10 to Atco Dragway last night and all I can say is wow! Its a lot quicker than expected.
My best time of the night was a 13.25 @ 103.75. I was in drag mode and in D with the traction control off, also I dropped my rear tire pressure down 24lbs. On my first run left at around 1500 and spun until I had to get out of it, so on this run I pretty much left off idle with a very light power brake.
I'm starting to wonder with drag radials and some bolt on's If i can get into the 12's without a tune. Needless to say I'm pretty impressed with my four cylinder even if it does sound like a Civic!
Thanks jdsfly!!! I think we have the quickest stock 2018 Ecoboost's out there. I have to give credit to the DA at Atco and Cecil County but these 4 cylinders are quicker than most people think!
fullsizeoutput_3c57.jpeg
Wow good run. What was the temp and da when you did it?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:clap:You guys keep lowering that number and your going to talk me into a A10 EB daily.:like:

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
fullsizeoutput_3c57.jpeg
Great time! I never thought my 18' A10 would run 13.20s either. Our 60 ft times were very close too, mine was a 1.96.
What tires are you running, and what was the temp.?

Brodie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Great time! I never thought my 18' A10 would run 13.20s either. Our 60 ft times were very close too, mine was a 1.96.
What tires are you running, and what was the temp.?
I'm running P255/40zr19 Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season Tires. I lowered the pressure down to 24lbs. The temp was 63 and DA was around 1400.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running P255/40zr19 Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season Tires. I lowered the pressure down to 24lbs. The temp was 63 and DA was around 1400.
You've got the performance pack tires. I've got 235/50/18 Goodyear F1s. I lowered my pressures down to 25 lbs. and launched at 1800 rpm and managed a 1.96 60 ft, with a little spin in 1 st and again in second so, I think I can get better 60 ft times with practice. I know a guy that has run 1.70s on my tire. I'll probably start at 22 psi and 1500 rpm next time. I've since installed a CPE intercooler and Green filter and have an Airaid tube ready to install, but I haven't had a chance to track them yet. Of course good air will be hard to find for a while. What's your best 0-60 time on track apps? Mine is 5.0 stock, with tire pressures at 32 psi. I haven't tried it yet with the mods.

Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
You've got the performance pack tires. I've got 235/50/18 Goodyear F1s. I lowered my pressures down to 25 lbs. and launched at 1800 rpm and managed a 1.96 60 ft, with a little spin in 1 st and again in second so, I think I can get better 60 ft times with practice. I know a guy that has run 1.70s on my tire. I'll probably start at 22 psi and 1500 rpm next time. I've since installed a CPE intercooler and Green filter and have an Airaid tube ready to install, but I haven't had a chance to track them yet. Of course good air will be hard to find for a while. What's your best 0-60 time on track apps? Mine is 5.0 stock, with tire pressures at 32 psi. I haven't tried it yet with the mods.
From what i see here, you just need drag radials to go 12's

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what i see here, you just need drag radials to go 12's
I don't think I'll need drag radials. With the intercooler, air filter, and intake tube, I think I'll only need a good launch. What's your best 0-60?

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I don't think I'll need drag radials. With the intercooler, air filter, and intake tube, I think I'll only need a good launch. What's your best 0-60?
On street tires i have never seen any go below 2.2 60ft at my local track, but they will go 1.7's all night long on a drag radial, hoosier dr2 on stock size seem to work just perfect.
Sponsored