2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Can you put a digital dash out of a manual into an automatic car?
Would need to find someone to flash the firmware to convert it to automatic and also zero out mileage. Once that is done then it is the same install as detailed in this thread. You would use Forscan to set the correct mileage of your current speedo to the new. I believe the creator of this thread (Breeves) can do it for a price along with some others.
Nope. There have been discussions about this. You have to buy the correct dash for your transmission type. The circuit boards have different chips on them.
Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Nope. There have been discussions about this. You have to buy the correct dash for your transmission type. The circuit boards have different chips on them.
Unless I'm missing something but I'm sorry I must disagree... Mine came from a salvaged Automatic and is now in my current Manual vehicle and is functioning properly. It had to be bench firmware updated outside of the car. That is why when buying some of these kits they talk about the Bullit Upgrade, Auto/Manual and 6500 vs 7400 RPM on the tach. All this is able to be modified based on the Firmware applied to the dash via bench programming. I saw it in action...

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Unless I'm missing something but I'm sorry I must disagree... Mine came from a salvaged Automatic and is now in my current Manual vehicle and is functioning properly. It had to be bench firmware updated outside of the car.
Ok. I suppose if you have the necessary programming tools and skills to do that, then it can be done. Can't be done with Forscan or the average DIY guy.
If buying new, why not just buy the right part so the board doesn't need to have an expert re-flash it?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I suppose if you have the necessary programming tools and skills to do that, then it can be done. Can't be done with Forscan or the average DIY guy.
If buying new, why not just buy the right part so the board doesn't need to have an expert re-flash it?
Correct, To save money... In my case I was able to do the whole upgrade for around $600. Was able to pick up a salvage dash from LKQ Online for $170 delivered and then purchased new Steering wheel buttons and a new/used Dash Bezel and SCCM. Obviously the big ticket item is the Digital Speedo.

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Correct, In my case I was able to do the whole upgrade for around $600. Was able to pick up a salagve dash from LKQ Online for $170 delivered and then purchased new Steeing wheel buttons and a new/used Dash Bezel and SCCM. Obviously the big ticket item is the Digital Speedo.
That's a deal! Just out of curiosity how much did the re-flash cost and who did it? I'm planning on doing mine and clusters in KPH are hard to find or cost way more than their MPH counterparts.

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a deal! Just out of curiosity how much did the re-flash cost and who did it? I'm planning on doing mine and clusters in KPH are hard to find or cost way more than their MPH counterparts.
I'll PM you...

Melty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've had my digital cluster for over a year now with everything working great. The only thing I haven't managed to figure out because I rarely use the option is AdvanceTrac. I can toggle traction control off and it lights up on the cluster. If I try to toggle AdvanceTrac, I hold the buttom for ~10 seconds and then the light will light up on the cluster, however I get no notification saying whether AdvanceTrac was actually disabled or not. Is there a setting in FORSCAN I am missing for this? TIA.

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Hi, I have a 2021 mustang gt and I just bought an aftermarket digital dash. It wasn’t programmed right to my car because some options are not available like: choosing between gears and rpms on the tachometer, the high beam switch isn’t working, and lane switch is always on. I’ve used forscan so if I can fix it through forscan that would be great. Any idea?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hi, I have a 2021 mustang gt and I just bought an aftermarket digital dash. It wasn’t programmed right to my car because some options are not available like: choosing between gears and rpms on the tachometer, the high beam switch isn’t working, and lane switch is always on. I’ve used forscan so if I can fix it through forscan that would be great. Any idea?
As long as the trans type is right it can be fixed through FORScan. I sell files at my website breeves002.net

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
35High Beams Indication720-09-01XXXX**XXXXXX01 = Enabled** = DisabledThis shows the blue high beams icon when activated

Sponsored

ensulyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Help guys. Just installed my digital cluster (it’s magical by the way) and I’m having an issue with some buttons.

The cluster is working. Accepts drive modes from toggle switch, went for a drive and it’s working awesome.

BUT….

The new steering wheel buttons (top right and bottom right button clusters) are mostly not working. Both of these button clusters were replaced (my car is a 2020 GT)

Top button cluster, only the up and down arrows work. Along with the OK button. Voice command button and back buttons do nothing.

Bottom cluster is all messed up:

NAV button brings recent phone calls up in the middle of the new gauge cluster.

PHONE button brings up voice command on stereo screen.

Gears, hang up phone, music and horse buttons are dead. Don’t do anything.

All I can do is use upper cluster arrows and Ok button to scroll through trip 1 and 2, tire pressure and average speed. That’s it.

Do I need to use FORSCAN to configure these buttons? I ordered everything from Breeves and he set the milage for me. I have FORSCAN - but will need some guidance to set it all up if that’s what’s needed.

Thanks guys!
Did you ever get this fixed/know what was not working?

neillv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 5.0 v8
Hi. If my 2016 has auto wipers, do I still need a new sccm?
Cheers

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The sccm allows the new steering wheel switches to work with the cluster

Last edited:

Partock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I took the easy route. I bought the cluster as a package for my 2016 convertible and took it to a shop that has a LOT of experience with it. Completely installed and configured in about an hour. One of my favorite upgrades on this car.
Sponsored