2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

saltbae

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Royce
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I just bought a digital dash from a manual car, which I’m gonna use for my automatic. Would it be possible to reprogram from manual to auto or are these 2 different clusters?
Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
So I just bought a digital dash from a manual car, which I’m gonna use for my automatic. Would it be possible to reprogram from manual to auto or are these 2 different clusters?
Same principle, need to have someone flash the Speedo to an automatic and lower the mileage. Once you have that it is the same install then use Forscan to increase mileage.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Yes it can be changed to work with a auto

Breeves is the only I know who can do that.

Jroy333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Would this and adding Sync 3 void your warranty? Curious because I need to bring my car in for my powertrain warranty because it’s looking like I may have a bad head gasket.

I am thinking that I doubt it, forscan is just changing already set parameters and my car has never been tuned and other than the drop-in K&N filter, never had the engine bay touched either.

thought I would post to see everyone’s thoughts

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Would this and adding Sync 3 void your warranty? Curious because I need to bring my car in for my powertrain warranty because it’s looking like I may have a bad head gasket.

I am thinking that I doubt it, forscan is just changing already set parameters and my car has never been tuned and other than the drop-in K&N filter, never had the engine bay touched either.

thought I would post to see everyone’s thoughts
I think people have mentioned they shouldn't care.

Now if your Digital Dash or Sync 3 has problems. They will not fix it since your car did not come with it.

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And just to be safe... Make sure you backup all your Forscan programming before you take it in for repair!

Last edited:

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Help guys. Just installed my digital cluster (it’s magical by the way) and I’m having an issue with some buttons.

The cluster is working. Accepts drive modes from toggle switch, went for a drive and it’s working awesome.

BUT….

The new steering wheel buttons (top right and bottom right button clusters) are mostly not working. Both of these button clusters were replaced (my car is a 2020 GT)

Top button cluster, only the up and down arrows work. Along with the OK button. Voice command button and back buttons do nothing.

Bottom cluster is all messed up:

NAV button brings recent phone calls up in the middle of the new gauge cluster.

PHONE button brings up voice command on stereo screen.

Gears, hang up phone, music and horse buttons are dead. Don’t do anything.

All I can do is use upper cluster arrows and Ok button to scroll through trip 1 and 2, tire pressure and average speed. That’s it.

Do I need to use FORSCAN to configure these buttons? I ordered everything from Breeves and he set the milage for me. I have FORSCAN - but will need some guidance to set it all up if that’s what’s needed.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@quikcolin Page 1, Step 3 on this thread has the info you need to use Forscan to program your IPC and SCCM modules. The spreadsheet has a tab for both. Set the codes for the features that came with your car.

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I thought the programming was part of Breeves package ? You can follow the post via StangTime to get your answers.
I was told it was plug and play. I have a 2020 so I didn’t need the clock spring thing (with the turning signal, wipers on it). Breeves told me the only thing I would need the Forscan for was to increase my milage (if I drove the car and increase km after he set it and shipped it).

hoping Forscan can fix it. Not sure what you’re referring to RE stangtime?

EDIT: I didn’t see Stangtimes post! Thx buddy!

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be the SCCM... Per StangTime, page one of this thread step three talks about the Forscan programming changes needed for it to function properly...

Page one will have the title...

Step 3: Configure as-built data with FORScan

Or reach out to Breeves for assistance on the configured kit you already paid good money for.. Only two options you have since we all have no idea of the options/features of your car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Help guys. Just installed my digital cluster (it’s magical by the way) and I’m having an issue with some buttons.

The cluster is working. Accepts drive modes from toggle switch, went for a drive and it’s working awesome.

BUT….

The new steering wheel buttons (top right and bottom right button clusters) are mostly not working. Both of these button clusters were replaced (my car is a 2020 GT)

Top button cluster, only the up and down arrows work. Along with the OK button. Voice command button and back buttons do nothing.

Bottom cluster is all messed up:

NAV button brings recent phone calls up in the middle of the new gauge cluster.

PHONE button brings up voice command on stereo screen.

Gears, hang up phone, music and horse buttons are dead. Don’t do anything.

All I can do is use upper cluster arrows and Ok button to scroll through trip 1 and 2, tire pressure and average speed. That’s it.

Do I need to use FORSCAN to configure these buttons? I ordered everything from Breeves and he set the milage for me. I have FORSCAN - but will need some guidance to set it all up if that’s what’s needed.

Thanks guys!
Just an update. Breeves connected and filled me in. I didn’t get a new SCCM so I just need to use Forscan to activate those buttons. Doing it tonight :).

Incredible overall experience purchasing with Breeves. Highly recommended

LRDV8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
2017 GT Convertible Australian Delivery- Ambient lighting not working after digital cluster upgrade. Shows color selections in IPC/Dash. No DTC's in BCMB or BCM- anyone else had this issue or tips to solve?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the upgrade from MFT to Sync 3 and also the digital dash conversion. Both will require Forscan programming and that information can be found at the beginning of this thread and the thread regarding sync upgrade. Both are well worth it my opinion! You can save some money purchasing items from wreck vehicles. I did both upgrades a couple of years back for around $950

Last edited:

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello guys I’m looking to purchase the digital gauge cluster for my 2019 GT. I called my local ford dealer and he advised against it because you could possibly run into legal issues with the milage and things of that sort. Obviously I would put my exact miles in and get it as close as I possibly can. But have there been any issues with these gauges like Legal issues when trying to bring your car in for work or trying to sell? I’d appreciate some help. Thank u. Im looking to buy it off of infotainment.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Ok, can someone check my thoughts here for doing this in my 15’ base car 5.0

order parts, I have a dealer 10 minutes away,

So I should be able to walk in and order these,all . Even though I don’t have a 18’ vin, etc?

Then if so, pickup my parts, go home and install them.

Then need to hook up cable to pbd port to computer and use for scan to change perimeters, Now is this for MY cars features?
Now either by trying to figure out myself or talking to Breeves?

Last, my car is the 4” base model with no toggles for drive modes.
Does doing just the digital dash conversion open up these options?

Thanks. I’m wanting this to be my. Ext mode, just want all my stuff to work as usual, backup camera, stereo etc,
Sponsored