Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
so i sold the digital gauge and instead went with a premium cluster with my color..what do i need to change in forscan for it to work besides the miles

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok so i installed the premium cluster and everything works great . i used forscan to change my miles but on the log it says i have some codes being thrown. how do i fix this..the only light i have is my tpms fault sensor but that was there before i did the swap. it says stuff like foglight error and such but everything works fine so im confused

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You need to scan the individual modules to see what the codes specifically are. But they're most likely just lost comm codes from you unplugging the cluster and not an issue.

Sponsored

bpajak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem 2019 Convert
Hi Guys

Anyone have eeprom file for US version 2019 5.0 A10 GT+ Active Exhaust or can send vin i priv message ? Thanks a lot. I try to activate AE and It should help.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Man, where is the "search thread" function on this forum? :)

Just completed my install, and was able to code just about everything in FORSCAN I needed, awesome guide thanks so much!.

One last thing I have been unable to find. My car is a 19MY Manual PP2. It has rev matching, gear sensor, etc... I read that there was an option to show gear in the left side, where RPMs in numeric format normally show, and it's supposedly configured via " Advanced Settings / Display Settings / Tachometer Setup ". However, in the menu I only have a checkmark to enable/disable digital tachometer (rpm) , and cannot chose gear or anything different.

Anyone know the PID to change?

Looks like this: (Gear instead of RPM).

Thanks!

Last edited:

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
I've had the parts for the swap for a bit and finally had the time to do the swap over the weekend. Am I understanding correctly that we must use the baseline ABD in the 1st page and it won't matter what trim/options you have? I have an auto and the baseline is for a manual so I'm double checking. At the moment I'm also trying to figure out how to active the gauges as the RPM is dead and I can only flip through a limited number of screens besides having a bunch of pop ups like blind spot fault, exhaust modes and drive modes not available

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Man, where is the "search thread" function on this forum? :)

Just completed my install, and was able to code just about everything in FORSCAN I needed, awesome guide thanks so much!.

One last thing I have been unable to find. My car is a 19MY Manual PP2. It has rev matching, gear sensor, etc... I read that there was an option to show gear in the left side, where RPMs in numeric format normally show, and it's supposedly configured via " Advanced Settings / Display Settings / Tachometer Setup ". However, in the menu I only have a checkmark to enable/disable digital tachometer (rpm) , and cannot chose gear or anything different.

Anyone know the PID to change?
(Gear instead of RPM).

Thanks!
To answer your question about search, I'm using mobile. If I click the search icon on the top right, there is a drop down that defaults to everywhere. You can select "this thread". It's there in the desktop version as well.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
To answer your question about search, I'm using mobile. If I click the search icon on the top right, there is a drop down that defaults to everywhere. You can select "this thread". It's there in the desktop version as well.
Awesome, thank you sir!

Sponsored

Domstrebe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 PP1
I have just fitted a MY2019 Cluster into my MY2018. Everything works beside the fact that the As-Built data is completely different from the 2018 one which is described on the first page. I have now loaded the original data from a MY2021 vin.
I was able to solve most of the problems but I'm still bothering with the pre-collision prevention assist and the perimeter alarm.

Does someone know the As-Built codes for disabling the pre-collison prevention assist and the parameter alarm?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Use the drop down boxes for IPC in forscan

Domstrebe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 PP1
I already did that as far as possible but there are no menus for the perimeter alarm or the collision prevention assist and i have already disabled the front camera.

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok so i sold my digital gauge over a month ago i did plug it in to make sure it turned on and it did.but i decided not to install it after all and instead went with a premium cluster instead. so they guy i sold it too over a month and a half ago contacts me today and says the lcd is messed up and wants his money back. im thinking this dude dropped it or messed it up on the install. my question is if paypal sides wth him and he sends it back how much is it to fix the lcd screen or is it done for. the bottom pic is what i took of it to sell it. i should have snapped a pic of it on but didnt feel like removing my cluster just to plug it up.

205720157_2992210827722487_4053072928919508336_n (1).jpg

192575912_10219317779310979_3781780777836890796_n (1).jpg

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if it got damaged during transit wouldnt the screen show a crack in it or not. i also insured it through fedex so im not worried about losing money
Sponsored