Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
thanks so much new cluster should be here this week excited
There is an option for kilometers or miles from what I recall so you will want to double check that before updating. I also believe it converts kilomoters to miles or something of that nature and most report it will be a tiny bit different than what you input. Mine was off by like less than a mile.

The first time I changed the mileage I only increased it by a few miles over what was on the new cluster just to make sure I was doing it right before updating it to the actual miles.
Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my cluster over a year ago, I know it is mentioned here somewhere But I cannot find the comment. How come the Advance Traction icon does not show up right next to traction control off? It shows me the message when I turn it off but no icon.

AE89488C-DD47-47EA-8FFA-B59074E91E0D.jpeg

yahyaz280

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
yahya
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2018
how i cen change my mustang 2018 digital dash MPH to KMH conversion ?
for your ionformtion i used forscan

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You can't, its a different firmware. Needs to be flashed by somebody with specialized equipment.

Sponsored

koo9903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Hi guys, just installed digital dash on my 16 GT manual. I coded everything and everything seems to work except for the tachometer. RPM reads 0.
Anyone know why that would be?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a standard cluster, but from an '18 as I wanted the digital speedometer and the tach redline that matches my power pack. I noticed when I was doing the changes with Forscan, that there is an option to enable/disable digital tach right below the digital speedometer enable/disable. I didn't mess with it because I figured it was for the digital dash, but that might be the ticket to make it work.

Last edited:

koo9903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I have a standard cluster, but from an '18 as I wanted the digital speedometer and the tach redline that matches my power pack. I noticed when I was doing the changes with Forscan, that there is an option to enable/disable digital tach right below the digital speedometer enable/disable. I didn't mess with it because I figured it was for the digital dash, but that might be the ticket to make it work.
Figured it out!

Had to set 720-07-02 to 0000 0030.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
You can't, its a different firmware. Needs to be flashed by somebody with specialized equipment.
Who would be able to do that? Or would it just be easier to get one of these from a Canadian car?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Who would be able to do that? Or would it just be easier to get one of these from a Canadian car?
I'm not sure. I recall a few people here saying they were equipped to do it but can't point you toward anyone in particular. I just know it requires specialized software and hardware to do, well beyond your typical forscan setup.

Sponsored

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Where did everyone get their clusters? I went online to a vendor and they said they couldn't sell it, that I had to go to my local dealer? Can't I just order it online and pay the core? Before I start that process, I wanted to make sure. TIA

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Where did everyone get their clusters? I went online to a vendor and they said they couldn't sell it, that I had to go to my local dealer? Can't I just order it online and pay the core? Before I start that process, I wanted to make sure. TIA
I got my sync 4" to 8" from this forum members site. He sells the digital cluster kit as well.

https://breeves002.net/

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine was probably a little lucky, found my digital cluster on LKQ Online from a wrecked donor for $160 delivered... With a little programming and mileage adjustment to match current cluster was good to go. Buying some used parts (Dash Bezel and SCCM) new steering wheel switches and dash cluster cover had a little over $500 in the whole update. Bigggggg shout out to forum member P6CL with the assistance and install. Well worth the drive and to have a new friend!!

Last edited:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Mine was probably a little lucky, found my digital cluster on LKQ Online from a wrecked donor for $160 delivered... With a little programming and mileage adjustment to match current cluster was good to go. Buying some used parts (Dash Bezel and SCCM) new steering wheel switches and dash cluster cover had a little over $500 in the whole update. Bigggggg shout out to forum member P6CL with the assistance and install
Damn that's a steal. I thought I did good finding a new one on eBay for $700.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
So you can't just order the cluster online from a Ford parts dealer? I just need the cluster now, not the whole kit. I managed to find all the other parts pretty cheap. I just wanted a new cluster from Ford. Can you not do that?
Sponsored