Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm how come when I followed the IPC sheet I didnt get this error? is it different for every car?
That's a good question. I'm not sure. Maybe breeves002 can shed some light on the issue. I based my changes on comparing the first four digits of the 720-01-01 line of several IPC As-Built of automatic 2018 GTs with digital gauges.
Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I just did the cluster for a friend and the adaptive cruise control is greyed out. I set the SCCM to 2933 and IPC to F for enabled. Any ideas? Took the car on a ride and buttons don’t work

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The car has adaptive cruise control and collision warning. Not sure why the adaptive cruise is greyed out I reset and re wrote everything and it’s still greyed out.
C56F732F-3424-4AC6-8B2F-F25C733B8023.jpeg
1803F1D3-6EAE-4E20-9C52-A05DAAD53D4C.jpeg
1E8AF450-1B12-4106-95A6-41D5C3EA2B5A.jpeg
87D1AE0B-E7E1-4812-9A1A-CAEF4A84E67A.jpeg

RdRunnr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just finished my install and programming on my 2018 and I am down to one DTC.

DTC Code: U0260 - Lost Communication With Seat Control Switch Module A

I've adjusted everything I can think of with the seats and went into the IPC Module Configuration and turned off anything that says seat.

Has anyone else experienced this DTC or have any idea how to clear it?

smjx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 5.0
Can anyone help me out with this?

So last night did the swap. Filled up the car on my way home from work so I know it was full. Did the swap and car only showed it had 2/3s of a tank. Came out this morning, tank showed full. Started the car and let it idle for a minute and then DTE started falling like crazy and the gas gauge dropping.

See video here.

So I swapped stock cluster back in, stock cluster fuel gauge is reading correctly at full tank. Any ideas?

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You might want to give it a few days. Nowhere near that extreme but my DTE was a little off for the first couple tanks after swapping. It seemed like it had to learn before being accurate.

smjx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 5.0
Figured it out - it was an issue with the cluster itself. I got another one and swapped that one in and gauge was reading fine.

I picked up the second cluster with a kit - however I do not need all of the misc pieces so if someone needs them, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd like to sell it as a package. Have Steering wheel buttons, clockspring, and cluster trim bezel.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Figured it out - it was an issue with the cluster itself. I got another one and swapped that one in and gauge was reading fine.
How did you figure it out?

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Are any of you guys attaching the cluster using darkhor$e method ? You guys having antsy rattling using just the foam tape and 2 screws ?

smjx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 5.0
How did you figure it out?
I bought the cluster from a VERY VERY well known and reputable guy on the 150 side of things - since I came back to mustangs from a 150.

He had combined a navigator cluster + a mustang cluster essentially to make a working one which he was using to see if he could get it to fit in a 150 and fully functioning.

Essentially what we ended up finding out after going through the FSM for navigators and mustangs is that mustangs have 2 pin inputs in the motherboard for fuel sending units, those 2 signals average out which gives you your DTE / fuel tank level. Navigators only have 1 input / 1 fuel level sensor, so the car was only reading one fuel level sensor - instead of both of them since the motherboard came from a navigator cluster. I found another cluster, snagged it and had him program mileage and everything for me and it should be back to me by Friday, I already did test it in the car as fully functioning and fuel level was reading correctly and we found out from the firmware on the cluster that it is indeed a 2019 PN cluster because the stickers were scraped off.

Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Funny to see my Name mentioned. ?All i can say is that carefully cutting the plastic to preserve a link down the left side, and carefully drilling in the right place(s) will allow you to attach the upper part of the cluster with 2 self tapper screws. You'll need to use a metal punch on the right hand one and pre-drill out the hole slightly smaller the what ever self tapping screw your using. It works and aligns the cluster at the perfect depth.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Funny to see my Name mentioned. ?All i can say is that carefully cutting the plastic to preserve a link down the left side, and carefully drilling in the right place(s) will allow you to attach the upper part of the cluster with 2 self tapper screws. You'll need to use a metal punch on the right hand one and pre-drill out the hole slightly smaller the what ever self tapping screw your using. It works and aligns the cluster at the perfect depth.
thanks I’m gonna give it a shot, seems like more than one person has complained of rattling. I have a regular dremel but perhaps this dremel multimax tool is something I will need to invest in. That and hopefully the local hardware stores have a 2 inch bushing / spacer

ymmv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP MT, 1966 289 Coupe
Are any of you guys attaching the cluster using darkhor$e method ? You guys having antsy rattling using just the foam tape and 2 screws ?
it’s been three months and 1,000 miles since my install using the expanding foam insulation tape and no rattling issues so far, Appears to be very tight and no movement at all. But I wouldn’t count on it holding up many years from now when it likely becomes hard and brittle.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
it’s been three months and 1,000 miles since my install using the expanding foam insulation tape and no rattling issues so far, Appears to be very tight and no movement at all. But I wouldn’t count on it holding up many years from now when it likely becomes hard and brittle.
How thick of tape did you use ? Good to hear that worked

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
the left side was easy, as i recall, just drill into plastic, the right side you'll need a metal punch to dent the hole for precise drilling, the hole is right on a edge of some metal support. and a decent little assortment of fine drills. you could probably get away with just one small drill bit of the right size though. I used a very fine one to drill the first hole then stepped it up a little bit, thy're tiny drills.
Sponsored