2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
When you guys cut, i advise leaving a small connection between the left bottom cluster plastic slot and the upper plastic, you'll have to test fit it as you go. This will allow you to fix the cluster into place with a screw, as well as centering the cluster correctly. If you mark and drill a small hole, one into the left plastic, and one into the right steel, this will allow you to install the cluster with screws in it's screw holes and leave the bottom slots attached to the upper fixed plastic you can fix the cluster in place, and not have to worry about rattling or sticky foam.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks for the tip @DarkHor$e. Do you have any pictures that show what you describe?

V_Eight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t notice any mention of it, but is it the same process listed for the GT350?

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
I didn't take a pic but you'll see the plastic Cluster 'backing' is one piece. it has to be cut out in the center, but you can leave a line of connection on the left side from the top to the bottom slot piece while clearing the center out. Test fits and dremel work, a screw in each cluster screw hole works too, one goes into the plastic you left, and one must be carefully aligned, and center punched then pre-drilled into the metal brackets on the right. worth the effort as in makes the install factory tight.

69Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
69 Mach 1, 2017 Mustang GT
Hi All,

Having some issues writing to the IPC module it get's a service interruption error. I'm using the latest 2.3.16 beta. I've emailed the forscan team with my logs. Anyone else here that can help me?

Thanks

Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Finished installing my cluster today. Thank Breeves for the taking time to make the kit. super easy install. I had the airbag light after the initial startup. did not completely insert one if the connectors. Everything is fine now. I did notice that the dash sounds are playing through the cluster not eh audio system, Is that normal?

ccie6746

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible, 2017 Camaro 1LE
Completed my LCD Dash Conversion on my 17 GT Convertible today and its fantastic ! You won't be disappointed! Install is surprisingly easy to do, only a couple of hours if taking your sweet time and having Sam pre-program for "play and play" operations gave me an error free swap out ! First boot was fast as normal, zero errors unlike many others I know get them and they they clear out.... Practice makes perfect, thanks Sam !

StevexSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red CS
what about the premium 18' cluster not the digital? would it just be a plug and play? or would i still need the programming and buttons on the steering wheel swapped?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious, has the cost of any of the needed digital cluster conversion parts come down in price over the course of the last few months, since the 19’s are now being produced?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
The digital instrument cluster, Automatic KPH: JR3Z-10849-KB seems that it’s no longer available for purchase on AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake website. Any ideas why? Has it been replaced with another part number?

@fordsvtparts can you chime in here? Thanks

Sponsored

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Anyone get a U0401 code after install? Don’t have codes in IPC/SCCM but have it in β€œIMPA”
Sponsored