2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Headlights work fine on high beam by the way.
Yeah, weird, the first couple of clicks the high beams didn't work, then next time i tried them, they worked perfectly. display is Cool. can't wait to get this thing programmed, still need a SCCM, looking a a few other suppliers.
Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Same issue. Breeves002 asked me for my dump and log files along with a screen shot of my IPC configuration. So now the Forscan folks are on it.
New test file FORScanSetup2.3.15.test20180428.exe did the trick. Fully operational now. I simply hit “load all” and selected the .abt file I had already edited from known templates to match my car’s (few) options. Then I selected “write all” and clicked through two “Yes, I’m sure” screens. Then it did its thing. All good! Thanks to Breeves002 who got the new test file from the Forscan folks.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Same here, New Forscan .15 did the trick. Programmed, everything working! Thanks to Breeves! :first:

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Nice to see some new additions to the conversion club.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Is the cluster bezel in the '18s chrome or is it more of a stainless color? I just spent a bunch of money to get all the GT350 interior pieces to go Dark Stainless and a digital dash conversion may be in my future eventually, but I want to know if it will match or look weird.

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thats a really good question. Since I'm PP I can't compare it to that trim since it is different anyways. If I remember I'll compare it to my OEM bezel when I get home from work. Took the daily today.

[MENTION=30920]djcwardog[/MENTION] didn't you say something to me in an email about the color being slightly different? Is it darker? Can you post a pic?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can see the subtle color difference in my photo above with both bezels on the ground while I was doing the install. This satin finish looks better than the ultra-shint and reflective pure-chrome finish on my PP gauges and on those two A/C vents in center dash.

I wonder if the 2018 Mustangs have a matching satin finish on their center gauge and a/c bezels to match this cluster.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Just as long as it's not chrome. If it' more of a brushed stainless like the GT350R just lighter, I can always tint it lightly to get the "Dark Stainless" look. I'm just on a mission to get rid of the major "reflect the sun's power directly in to your eyes" chrome from my interior.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as long as it's not chrome. If it' more of a brushed stainless like the GT350R just lighter, I can always tint it lightly to get the "Dark Stainless" look. I'm just on a mission to get rid of the major "reflect the sun's power directly in to your eyes" chrome from my interior.
That was a serious complaint of mine with the stock classic-look gauges. At least that is no longer a problem with this new setup.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
That was a serious complaint of mine with the stock classic-look gauges. At least that is no longer a problem with this new setup.
Only thing I've found is that during most of the day, the center part of the new gauge cluster has a pretty terrible glare and it isn't really visible. I'm in the valley of the sun however, such is life. Speedo and tach are visible, that's all that matters.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I really don't have a glare issue. Do you have window tint?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I really don't have a glare issue. Do you have window tint?
Absolutely. I think it’s unavoidable in this state. We have maybe a dozen or so cloudy days per year, aside from that it’s just pure unfiltered sun and blue sky’s. Early morning and later afternoon it’s not that bad but mid day it’s terrible. I have to put my hand on top of the dash to block the sun if I want to see the center gauges for any reason. Small price to pay for no winters and minimal rain.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Huh. I'm 35% front 20% rear tint and I don't have problems with the glare. We'll see as summer gets on more.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Huh. I'm 35% front 20% rear tint and I don't have problems with the glare. We'll see as summer gets on more.
I’m 20 all the way around. I’ll snap a pic next time just for reference.
Sponsored