cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Still hoping that the valance fits the 15-17... but I don't think so, it looks a bit more narrow.
I would not go fully with that picture, the angle on the 2015 was slightly from the left, so the fender on the drivers side was more visible. But that was the best aligned picture I could find for the up and down alignment. So I think it is just a byproduct of that, not it actually being narrower. To find the right picture it would have to be the right left/right alignment, up and down and distance from the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
There is no comparison the 2018 is a superior car in every way.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Superior, LOL. Some of you guys are starting to remind me of Gen6 Camaro owners.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
They look too similar to me.
'18 just seems like someone took a 15-17MY and put on some aftermarket body goods on it.
I guess I'm the only one the doesn't care for "Quad" tips? or the lower balance? I would rather keep how my '16 looks in the back. I never understood the whole "quad" love thing.. not like it's a true quad... just a look thing? I don't think it looks good.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just don't understand the design queues on this change. The headlights, the front bumper, it just doesn't flow as smoothly to me.
Me either. Too busy, too much going on.

Then again, we aren't going to be seeing it when we're driving. Or when we're in the house/at work/etc., so I can't give it deal-breaker status.

The driver who'd be ahead of us, or the one we'd be catching up to on the street or at the track? Not my problem if he doesn't care for it.

Norm

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
2018 Mustang "Year of the Catfish" who said engineers don't have a sense for humor
Har har... so was 2015 the year of the clown shoe? :D

Don't get me wrong, the '15 looks awesome but the bulbous front clip really did the profile no favors. Catfish or not, this "feature" was fixed by the refresh.
IMG_4653.JPG

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
They look too similar to me.
'18 just seems like someone took a 15-17MY and put on some aftermarket body goods on it.
I guess I'm the only one the doesn't care for "Quad" tips? or the lower balance? I would rather keep how my '16 looks in the back. I never understood the whole "quad" love thing.. not like it's a true quad... just a look thing? I don't think it looks good.
This.

I've owned 3 Fieros. All three were V-6s, all three had 135HP stock, and all three came with quad tip exhaust, stock. So yeah, four trumpet holes instead of two don't mean much for me.

It's hard for me to really put into words why I don't like the refresh as much, the main thing is that everything about the 2015-2017 just works for me, at every angle.

The 18's larger front grill with mismatched lower grill looks wrong to me, as does the headlights slanting against the flow of body lines. I'm also not a fan of the hood line that starts at the mirrors and swoops towards the center line before straightening out.

Now don't get me wrong, the changes don't ruin the S550's inherent - and outstanding - styling. If the 18's look had been the 16's, I still would have test driven the car and bought it like I did. I just like the first half of the generation better.

Though I should add I like the second half of the previous generation better than its first half.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Still hoping that the valance fits the 15-17... but I don't think so, it looks a bit more narrow.
Idk. If the outermost mounting points are the same with the valance molding being what tapers in it still could work.

Sponsored

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
Why do people bash the newer models so much? I get it ya'll own the current version and are love with it, but that don't mean ya'll ruin the fun for the future mustang buyers. I saw this exact same trend when the 2015 mustangs first launched :shrug:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Why do people bash the newer models so much? I get it ya'll own the current version and are love with it, but that don't mean ya'll ruin the fun for the future mustang buyers. I saw this exact same trend when the 2015 mustangs first launched :shrug:
This is universal with enthusiast groups with almost every kind of consumer product.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
This is universal with enthusiast groups with almost every kind of consumer product.
Human nature. When you feel like don't have the latest and greatest, you automatically hate the new thing.

It's like when parents buy a new dog to replace the one that died......the child will automatically hate the new dog but after a little time will love it:brokenheart:
Sponsored